• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

They’ve updated the first chapter with orchestral music and even added a completely optional side-quest, which is an absolute gem and made me laugh out loud several times. I wish I had some self-restraint to enjoy all this in one hit as it was meant to be, but gosh darn it, it’s impossible for me to resist.

These games are just the pure antithesis to the common sentiment from some that ” modern adventures are stuck in the past” and need to “do something different”. The BoUT games are just pure, old-school, unadulterated joy.

Perhaps my expectations need to be taken in a tad, but I’m quite prepared for this to be my favourite adventure of next year. 

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Chapter 2 is out! Right on time! Maybe I’m a bit skeptical about these things, but colour me surprised. Not at KingArt, just at a kick starter staying to schedule (early days I know but still…) They’re are doing a pretty darn outstanding job with this kick starter thus far, I have to say.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

How many chapters is there going to be?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

tomimt - 02 October 2014 05:15 PM

How many chapters is there going to be?

Chapter 2 – October
Chapter 3 – November
Chapter 4 – December
Chapter 5 / Full game – Early 2015

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Arrghh! me wants play NOW!! must…restrain…self…

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

im going to try and make myself wait until at 4 chapters are out before starting..

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Great o hear that they are on schedule. How’s the quality thus far? Is the humour from the previous two intact?

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Tad too many flatulance gags for my liking, by which I mean 2 or 3, but I have absolutely no tolerance for them so they stuck out for me. Otherwise it’s business as usual.

Glorious business as usual. Am having a blast with it.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tomimt - 03 October 2014 02:42 AM

Great o hear that they are on schedule. How’s the quality thus far? Is the humour from the previous two intact?

Yes - So far it is every bit as good as the first game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Just finished chapter 2 and I can honestly say this is the game I’m most happy with in terms of kick starter backing. Sheer joy. And as pretty as I think Broken Age is… I like BouT2 just as much, if not more. Some of the visuals are just beautiful. And I should point out the first chapter of BouT2 is longer than the entire first act of Broken Age. And the second part of BouT2 is just as long nearly. And they seem to be on track for a January 2015 release, which very well may be before BA gets act 2 out.
All of which is to say…not meaning to bash BA, just that I’m loving King Arts work. Smile

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Unfortunately I reached a game breaking bug in chapter 2 and is waiting for a fix, before I can continue. I guess this is the downside of early access, that it also acts as a beta test of each chapter.

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I had a bug in chapter 1 that stopped me going further, and I had to restart almost the whole chapter, and at the start of chapter 2 where critter would just freeze, but restarting the next day, that issue was resolved. Outside of that the technical issues have been minor.

I think they’re planning for an update for the end of this week.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Chapter 3 is out now.

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

And it was lovely. As usual. I have 15 hours clocked so far, bearing in mind I’m a SLOW adventurer and there’s been a couple of bugs that have extended gameplay by an hour or two. It’s still a hefty game though, and even with the bugs I haven’t regretted doing the early access stuff.

Loving it. Smile

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

A.A - 12 November 2014 03:26 PM

, and even with the bugs I haven’t regretted doing the early access stuff.

Don’t tempt me!  Pan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top