• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

I am enjoying the game so far. The graphics are beautuful as the first game and the puzzles are fair. Loved the part in the library when Wilbur had too travel to past, and see the evolution of adventure games.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just finished the game. I found it much superior to the first game. And I’m not talking about the obvious grapphic improvements. The humour was better, the riddles were better, the characters were better (or with much more depth), the chemistry between the main characters was much better, the storyline was better. If I was to rate the first BoUT around 6/10, then this one easily goes around 8.5/10 in my books. Very enjoyable.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

El Manny - 06 March 2015 12:03 PM

Loved the part in the library when Wilbur had too travel to past, and see the evolution of adventure games.

Yeah, me too! Smile I was kinda disappointed when I couldn’t exit the library and check out the rest of the place with those retro graphics Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Very enjoyable, although I think it fizzles out in the 2nd half. It felt like they were stretching it longer and longer for the sake of it. All the quality puzzles and humour were earlier in the game.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Strongly disagree. I actually don’t think the story really got going until act 3, and I had a huge amount of fun in act 5. Personally, I thought act 4 was the weakest, but maybe I’m judging on humour as opposed to puzzles and Wilbur was always my favourite character so maybe that’s why.

I do think the ending was a bit anticlimactic, but the only chapter that felt vaguely average to me was 4, and even that’s being a bit harsh. Honestly, I wanted to spend as much time in the world with these characters as possible so whatever stretching out there is I sure as heck didn’t notice it. (Hell, I wanted more! Smile )

Disappointed AG haven’t got an review up a month after release I have to say. Lost hope of RPS or IGN doing one, but it’d be nice if AG could have one up ASAP.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It’ll be soon. Takes a reviewer a long time to work through a game this huge in their spare time. Worse, we hit a game-killing bug well into the game that halted all progress for quite a while.

Hopefully Friday.

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Oh, yikes. That ain’t good.

Pity about the bugs people are having with this game. I got through relatively unscathed, but it appears others are having quite a bit of trouble.

Which is a real shame, as these things can have such a drastic impact on the overall experience.

Might have done KingArt well to hold the game back a month or two to iron out these things.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

A.A - 16 March 2015 03:10 AM

Strongly disagree. I actually don’t think the story really got going until act 3, and I had a huge amount of fun in act 5. Personally, I thought act 4 was the weakest, but maybe I’m judging on humour as opposed to puzzles and Wilbur was always my favourite character so maybe that’s why.

I do think the ending was a bit anticlimactic, but the only chapter that felt vaguely average to me was 4, and even that’s being a bit harsh. Honestly, I wanted to spend as much time in the world with these characters as possible so whatever stretching out there is I sure as heck didn’t notice it. (Hell, I wanted more! Smile )

Well I think my enjoying the last few chapters less was more a consequence of it being so long. I wouldn’t say they were necessarily lesser quality, and I enjoyed it all the way through so I wouldn’t say it was too long either.

Agree about the anticlimatic ending, and the final puzzle was one of those I generally dislike (clicking random things until something happens). A few of the puzzles are like that, though it’s much improved from Critter Chronicles. It’s lucky the dialogues and monologues are so entertaining, because there’s no way the BoUT games would hold my interest otherwise - my experience with most of Daedelic’s games proves it.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I was really enjoying the game on many different levels, I haven’t been this excited about an adventure game in a long time, I even waited patiently for the full game to be released, so I could enjoy the whole game in all its glory… but no… now the mere thought of it makes me shudder.

I don’t think I’ve experienced so many bugs in a game in a very long time. The patches didn’t help at all. The game keeps freezing, sound is glitching, graphics is glitching, characters and objects sometimes go invisible, and now in chapter 3 the game keeps freezing on the same place every time, so I cannot progress any further. I had the exact same problems with The Raven too a couple years ago, and could never complete the third chapter. The critter Chronicles and the original BOUT were also full of bugs.

I’ve been trying to contact their customer support, but there’s no actual help to be had, only computer generated responses. Now I’ve given up. It’s a real shame, because the game itself, or atleast how I imagine it without bugs, is actually really, really good. If you’re gonna release games littered with bugs (which King Art undoubtedly have a habit of doing), then you should atleast hire some actual living human beings to work in the customer support department… (and forbid them to hit the “generate response” button…).

Yet again, King Art leaves me disappointed, and I’m forced to abandon a game that I was enjoying.

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

That sucks. I’m currently replaying the first game, partly because I had forgotten what happened in it, but also because I wanted to wait a bit until the second game’s bugs got fixed. It’s annoying to hear that they still haven’t been fixed. (I don’t remember encountering bugs with The Raven, so maybe I’ll be lucky again…)

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I haven’t gotten very far (up to playing Critter for the first time) and haven’t hit a single bug, freeze, nothing. Everything going very smoothly and I’m playing at the Ultra setting. I’ve installed each patch as it’s become available which has been hassle free so, for me anyway, it’s been a trouble free experience. Game has been great so far as well.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Dag, that’s strange. I replayed TBoUT 1 a month ago, just to remember, and then I played TBoUT 2. I had one or two little bugs in both games. Nothing that can prevent you from playing. I played on a Win 7 32 bits system. What are yours spects? There must have something on your side that makes the game so unplayable, I guess.

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

What a pity. Maybe they needed another 2-3 months to get the bugs right, before release.

Very likely my favourite adventure of the year, so disappointing to see this.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Seems I’ve solved the freezing issue. I reinstalled the game, repatched and reloaded the chapter from the start and tried my best to do things in a different order than the first time around. It worked, and I’m now past the point where the game kept freezing.

I really don’t mean to discourage anyone else from playing the game. It’s a game any fantasy fan, and certainly any P&C fan, should play. It’s huge (which is really refreshing in these days of episodic gaming and otherwise generally short games), with gorgeous art, very intelligently composed music, satisfying puzzles, good humor, decent story, great voice acting and tons of pop culture references that despite their abundance never feels forced. There hasn’t been a game with such stunning production values in the fantasy/cartoon genre in a long time, and I don’t think it should be missed. It does however seem to have been rushed out the door during the polishing stage, so it can’t hurt to wait a bit longer before playing it, but there’s been 3 or so patches already, they’re clearly working on ironing the bugs out (and I seem to have been particularly unlucky with them).

Apart from the game freezing up, the other bugs and glitches have been relatively minor, nothing that couldn’t be fixed with a reload. My main gripe is with the customer support, but that’s not just with king art. I’ve had quite a few terrible experiences with a number of online supports lately, and may be unreasonably short fused in that department.

UruBoo - 22 March 2015 08:35 AM

There must have something on your side that makes the game so unplayable, I guess.

Actually, the sound glitches may very well have been an issue on my end, as I’ve recently bought a new sound card for music recording. Disabling that while playing seem to have fixed the audio glitches, so I guess it was somehow interfering. But the freezing seems to have been caused by doing actions in a certain order.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Regarding bugs, then I am a bit surprised of what I’m hearing.

I played the game in episodes during Steam Early Access (as a backer), and I did encounter quite a few bugs. But early access also worked kind of like a public beta-test of the game, and King Art where pretty fast at releasing patches of all the problems that was reported during the SEA. The final chapter didn’t go through the same kind of public beta-test, but they instead actually spend extra time testing it in-house, and I personally only encountered a few minor glitches in the last chapter.

So you can probably understand why I’m a bit confused at why the game should have so many bugs now. Either King Art must have screwed up at the final release and reintroduced some of the old bugs, or despite the many thousands who played it during SEA, then there was still many bugs that wasn’t caught.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top