• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS Kickstarter

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Finished it, great atmosphere and artwork but if you want to score some
mainstream sales, make sure to streamline the UI and Controls, or puzzles.

Hope it gets funded and good sales.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

3 days in, and nearly halfway there. Looking good, imo. Thumbs Up

Also, nice to see not one but TWO shout-outs from Brian Fargo (both the Torment and Wasteland 2 updates mentioned Stasis). Seems to have boosted the numbers a bit, too! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

It’s now got some coverage over at GiantBomb too (http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/worth-playing-11-08-2013/2300-8193/) which should also help.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Damn guys! Sorry for taking so long to get back around to these forums!

So glad that you have enjoyed the alpha demo. I know that it’s rough around the edges, but I know that (especially with the feedback!) the final game will be awesome!

I’m working on a Mac port which you can test out on the getstasis site ( http://www.stasisgame.com/getstasis ).

50% in a few days….it’s an amazing feeling! I know the next 3 weeks are going to be a good ride!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Just finished the alpha demo. As I already knew, the artwork is simply stunning! Considering this is just an alpha, the music, sound effects and voices are already pretty decent. The Robo Speak from your suit could be a bit more advanced than it currently is (this being the future and all), but that’s nitpicking. And the atmosphere is spot-on (even including one major jump-scare).
There was one devious puzzle (obtaining the drill) that had me stumped for a short while. Hopefully there will be more similarly mischievous solutions. Smile

The only real problems there are in the demo, are almost all related to Maracheck’s walking animations, and can probably be fixed rather easily:
- When walking diagonally, the animation isn’t always at the exact angle of walking, which gives it a floaty feeling. Definitely not a deal-breaker, though.
- Path-finding could be better. Walking from the top-left corner in the stasis chamber to your pod, has John walking to the bottom-left of the screen, then to the bottom-right, and then upwards towards the pod, quite a detour.
- Maracheck stops walking whenever a door opens/closes. This should probably be a background event, not something that stops Maracheck?
- It’s possible to walk *on top of* the screens and the chair in the top-left corner of the stasis chamber screen (I approached the screens from in front of the doors to achieve this). The same thing happened in the med bay with the Robot Surgeon: I managed to walk Maracheck on top of it. Some boundaries need to be redefined?
- Bottom-right corner: John Maracheck can walk *in front of* hotspot descriptions. Item descriptions should be the top layer displayed.

A small glitch I noticed: when approaching the desk with the terminals for the first time in the main product storage chamber, a cannister rolls from behind the desk (which is an insanely spooky event, btw). When exiting and re-entering the screen (for example by going in the bottom-left hallway), that cannister is gone. Justifiable if Maracheck suffers from hallucinations, though (and that’s probably not something we should rule out yet).

The lullabies in bad radio quality that play in the administration office create a really unsettling mood! The music suddenly shifting to squealing babies doesn’t help. The jump scare in the hallway that leads to the morgue seriously startled me. An awesome addition that drives home the atmosphere build-up.

PDA’s and Log screens look to me like a case of “Our Graphics Will Suck in the Future”, but given the similarities with the Alien-universe, this is rather fitting (and it helps achieve the derelict nature of the Groomlake).

All in all a very promising start. This section of the game could use a bit more puzzles and interactivity, but it’s just a demo, there’s bound to be more to this first part of the game.
I’m loving it so far! The demo proved to me exactly WHY I consider this the most promising upcoming game… Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I wanted say to congrats Pyke on the rate of the ongoing kickstarter ..tremendous .

ahh and one thing more,I did my share so does that make me a shareholder?!  Crazy

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

Just wanted to say that I managed to play the game on Windows XP, the only thing I had to do was to delete msvcr110.dll file in the stasis game folder and everything ran without any problems. The game is great and it´s not a surprise that the kickstarter campaign is going so well.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Manuel - 12 November 2013 05:34 PM

Just wanted to say that I managed to play the game on Windows XP, the only thing I had to do was to delete msvcr110.dll file in the stasis game folder and everything ran without any problems. The game is great and it´s not a surprise that the kickstarter campaign is going so well.

Not working for me. “This application has failed to start because MSVCR110.dll was not found.” Guess I’ll have to wait till the game is released.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

badlemon - 12 November 2013 06:15 PM

Not working for me. “This application has failed to start because MSVCR110.dll was not found.” Guess I’ll have to wait till the game is released.

Did you also install this after deleting that dll, as per Pyke’s instructions for XP users?

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

TimovieMan - 12 November 2013 06:38 PM
badlemon - 12 November 2013 06:15 PM

Did you also install this after deleting that dll, as per Pyke’s instructions for XP users?

Hey, I totally missed these instructions. Thanks TimovieMan for letting me know. Thanks Pyke for giving those instructions. Works like a charm.  Laughing

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump*

Very nearly 3/4 of the way there with 15 days to go! Come on, stretch goals! Cool

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Why is this taking so long? I want to see that Cayne chapter!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The unbelievably talented composer of FALLOUT 1, FALLOUT 2, FALLOUT 3: New Vegas and Planescape Torment joins STASIS. Laughing

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

New teaser trailer has been posted about Cayne Corporation’s beginnings:

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Bump #2

96% funded, 4 days to go.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top