• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Halloween Haunting

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

From Jonathan Boakes:

With Halloween rapidly approaching, it has become obvious to both myself and Iceberg Interactive that we need more time to successfully promote The Last Crown, something which cannot be rushed. I’m also still hoping to record a couple of characters this autumn, who have so far eluded me. For example, Saxton Museum would not be the same without Mr.Oogle! Would it.

So, instead, I am more than excited to reveal a dedicated and new ‘Crown’ story specifically for Halloween 2013.

We enter the story on Halloween, inside The Bear Inn on Saxton Harbour. Night has fallen, the pumpkin jack-o-lanterns have been lit, Morgan has turned off the music and lit a roaring fire. Nigel is about to tell a creepy ghost story to those huddled in the bar. Those present, including ourselves, wait patiently as he begins the story

The game will be available as a DRM free download directly from me, and selected publishing partners, for $5. All sales will help get Last Crown properly finished and also fund The First Crown, the end of the Crown Trilogy.

Read more at:

The Halloween Haunting

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

Though I’m sad The Last Crown will be pushed back again, I trust Mr. Boakes to make an incredible game when it finally does come out. In the mean time, I will definitely be playing The Halloween Haunting; I love short stories set within story-driven game universes. Cheers Jonathan!

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Facepalm> Groan> Reaches for wallet…

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2010-04-05

PM

Halloween is here. Pray tell, where is the Haunting? Or is this filler game which is there to ameliorate the disappointment of yet another missed deadline going to, irony of ironies, miss its own deadline. Never mind perhaps we can satiate ourselves with the thought of The First Halloween Haunting, or perhaps The Christmas Haunting which is to be released as a filler whilst we wait for the other filler - or better still, Ghost Watching the Dark Fall Crowns on Bracken Tor (thumbs drumming impatiently on table as slight imprint begins to form).

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I feel your pain.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Is Halloween the same day in UK as it is in the USA?

In Denmark where I live, Allehelgensaften (Halloween) is not until this Saturday.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Iznogood - 31 October 2013 01:52 PM

Is Halloween the same day in UK as it is in the USA?

In Denmark where I live, Allehelgensaften (Halloween) is not until this Saturday.

Weird! Halloween (All Hallow’s Eve) is always 31st October. It can’t be anything else as it precedes (obviously) All Hallow’s Day, otherwise known as All Saint’s Day, which is on the 1st of November.

Perhaps the Church in Denmark has a different date for All Saint’s Day.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yep, All Saint’s Day is the first Sunday in November, so Halloween is always a Saturday.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

The game is up and it’s free @ http://www.thelastcrown.co.uk/.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the pumpkin.

Wink

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2006-11-04

PM

It’s not the full game of a Halloween Haunting. It’s an interactive teaser for the game. Jonathan had stated today that the full game should be ready this weekend Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That means “in a couple of weeks”, right? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-10-30

PM

Fortunately he makes good adventure games, cause time management doesn’t seem to be his strongest point…..

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So I just downloaded an interactive teaser of a mini game given to us as a sop, thinking it was a mini game given to us as a sop?

Fine, I’m going to play Lilly Looking Through instead.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2010-04-05

PM

I can’t even download the teaser! There was a pumpkin icon on the screen this morning, but now it’s reverted to its ‘buy soon’ form (teeth gnashing in background).

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

The Link to the demo is now at the fooicial store page:
http://www.shadowtorstudios.co.uk/store/

Klick on the pumpkin and enjoy!

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

jimrh69 - 31 October 2013 08:52 PM

It’s not the full game of a Halloween Haunting. It’s an interactive teaser for the game. Jonathan had stated today that the full game should be ready this weekend Wink

Yeah, imagine my disappointment this morning on opening my gift…

Frown

- Carl Sagan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top