• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Robbed by ref twice in one week. What’s sad is that it barely affects me nowadays, got used to it lol.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Don’t feel bad, Madrid will probably drop points anyway, here is an offside called against the team I support in a critical match yesterday disallowing a goal (plus a clear handball penalty before)

VAR is useful but when refs want it to be… Football   Shifty Eyed

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

That’s the thing, I don’t feel bad. This has become the norm with Spanish refereeing. Barca created enough chances anyway, so they kind of dropped the ball themselves.

I am not sure if I am a proponent for VAR. So far, as you pointed out, it’s still implemented incorrectly and there is something to be said about the human element of football. Before we know it it will all be too mechanical. In a few years they might as well remove the ref from the pitch as cameras will catch everything happening.

Shame to hear that goal was disallowed.

Also: rip Bosz. Lost again with Dortmund.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Like I said, Real Madrid dropping points, another terrible perfomance, something wrong with the locker room, players look pissed.

Arsenal-Man United was a great game today, classic Mourinho trolling Wenger but what a perfomance by De Gea

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 02 December 2017 04:51 PM

Like I said, Real Madrid dropping points, another terrible perfomance,

Madrid weren’t any better last seasons tactically or in terms of motivation. They have lost a couple squad players that could break open the game. But yeah…Real were terribly lucky last season as well.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

will the weather play in Russian favour, i ve been there in august and its no big deal for colddness.

anyway, anyone thinks we have a chance against uruguay lol, KSA we will crush em like always, Russia with their crazy crowd unlikely.

how about we guys football fan all change our avatars to represent our country/team; a player, a flag anything maybe an artifact lol

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Getafe - Valencia. What a game that was…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Didn’t see it but Valencia losing to a 10 men Getafe, too much pressure the opportunity to reach close to Barcelona?

Advie - 03 December 2017 07:50 AM

will the weather play in Russian favour, i ve been there in august and its no big deal for colddness.

anyway, anyone thinks we have a chance against uruguay lol, KSA we will crush em like always, Russia with their crazy crowd unlikely.

how about we guys football fan all change our avatars to represent our country/team; a player, a flag anything maybe an artifact lol

KSA seems like a win for Egypt, Uruguay is ot as strong as 4/8 years but still have a Cavani/Suarez up front and can be hard. Russia is pretty bad, only being the home team could help them. I say Egypt has a good chance, if you guys could manage a surprise tie in the first game with Uruguay it would help.
I’m glad we didn’t get Egypt, our defenders would have a tough time dealing with Salah speed, although I have no idea how good the Morocco team is

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 03 December 2017 12:52 PM

although I have no idea how good the Morocco team is

Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria; all africain north west teams play with italian Catenaccio style, but you can always win them by goal or two anyway afterall:]

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 03 December 2017 01:40 PM
wilco - 03 December 2017 12:52 PM

although I have no idea how good the Morocco team is

Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria; all africain north west teams play with italian Catenaccio style, but you can always win them by goal or two anyway afterall:]

oh boy, I can already see a 0-0 against Morocco Neutral

I like the avatar idea but will change closer to the World Cup

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Portugal and Spain have easy group just one strong match against each other
If Portugal cant win against other 2, then they are neither fit nor deserve to move forward

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 03 December 2017 04:02 PM

If Portugal cant win against other 2, then they are neither fit nor deserve to move forward

This was the point I made in my post. At first hand seems like a tough group for Portugal to become first, but at least easy group to qualify through.

I backed up on my comment because I haven’t completely rated Morocco yet. Seemingly they are pretty solid. Still think that Portugal will end up second of the group.

Only problem for Portugal is that if they end up on the left side of the finals bracket they will have to beat Uruguay, France, Brazil to make it to the finals.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 03 December 2017 04:02 PM

The fear is happening the same that heppened WC2014, in there we got trashed by Germany in the first game, bad game with USA that meant a tie and we were out since we were never get that goal difference back in the last game.
Same thing can happen here if lose to Spain in the first game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

C7 back in form, great match

Psg vs Bayern was intense too

Grzman should be in better club
My old favs Ajax, Anderlecht are not same anymore, whats up with that?
Not enough money to buy good players

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 03 December 2017 02:51 PM

oh boy, I can already see a 0-0 against Morocco Neutral

back to Morocco, we know them as Argentina’d know brazil or vice versa, they had a golden WC team 1998 with Youssef Chippo, and Mustapha Hadji but even them could not
qualify the team to the 16th .
the current team had qualified hardly like all the African teams, we are almost all have the same standards aside that Egypt won the biggest numbers at all the titles in africa still, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Ghana, Tunisia, Nigeria,  Senegal, Morocco… it is as all teams has ups and down but once one goes all the way .

Morocco team today couldnt beat ivory Coast (without o’course Drogba n the gang ,lol) at home, and lost by 3 away.. african teams are emotionally indeed, they can give a great match when the match is greatly important, at an another, they would lose the easiest match.
and honesly we had our much bad luck with all the west of Africa teams, (we easily win the biggest in Africa which all come from the south,) but thsoe the west/arabic cousins it mostly the bad luck; for example, Morocco had won us more than we did Laughing

Meh

out of the blues enjoy this Brazil - Egypt match review ,of the 2009 confederations cup

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top