• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@wilco

Qualified teams are good, my favs this time are Germany,France,Portugal and Iceland
My fav performer right now is Neymar jr
Germany squad is playing like WildHunt (w3), Wagner is in full form
France has black and white squad, both are good, they run like beast, need polish in finishing goals > pogba,grzman,lebouf and afro samurai can do wonders
Portugal needs to fix defense
Iceland can go either way, only in for war chants Smile

SoccerDude28 - 11 October 2017 05:08 PM
nomadsoul - 10 October 2017 08:59 PM

There is another lousy thing, Israel and Turkey come in Europe

Israel is mainly because of the Arab-Israeli conflict. If Israel plays in Asia, all the Arabic countries except Jordan, plus other muslim countries like Iran and Pakistan will refuse to play against them, which is why they placed them in Europe to avoid this awkwardness

Still lousy since KSA and Israel can face off in later matches
What if Iran faces Israel in Quarters? Doubt they will refuse

Israel is EU’s associated state add more fuel to the fire
And FIFA succumbing to conflict is dumb tbh
Palestine is fine and Israel not

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 11 October 2017 08:36 PM

@wilco

Qualified teams are good, my favs this time are Germany,France,Portugal and Iceland
My fav performer right now is Neymar jr
Germany squad is playing like WildHunt (w3), Wagner is in full form
France has black and white squad, both are good, they run like beast, need polish in finishing goals > pogba,grzman,lebouf and afro samurai can do wonders
Portugal needs to fix defense
Iceland can go either way, only in for war chants Smile

I agree, Germany is bu far the favorite, great players but even better teamwork, I would say after them the favorites are Brazil, they cruised through the qualification. France has amazing players but don’t seem to capitalize on that (tying to Luxembourg?). But World Cup is still far away and surprised always happen.
Portugal does need a better defense, player are getting old in the back line and no new players showing up. Attack is ok but still very depenndant of how Ronalo plays so if he´s injured like in Brazil World Cup we won’t go far.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 12 October 2017 12:28 PM

Attack is ok but still very depenndant of how Ronalo plays so if he´s injured like in Brazil World Cup we won’t go far.

What why? You won the Euro Cup final against France without him.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 12 October 2017 04:56 PM
wilco - 12 October 2017 12:28 PM

Attack is ok but still very depenndant of how Ronalo plays so if he´s injured like in Brazil World Cup we won’t go far.

What why? You won the Euro Cup final against France without him.

True but it was a special kind of game where Portugal mostly defended, specially after he was out.
You should have the qualification matches where he didn’t play, the attack was running around toothless, so frustrating since the players are good. He scored 15 goals in qualifying round, against weak teams or whatever, the problem is we just didn’t score when he was not around… Hope Zidane rests him a lot like last season

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

José Mourinho (i am i the mood of throwing some babbling over him) same story every with new team he lead, 1st he either comes to the team half season or at a team that is having hard time last season so who you gonna call?, his first season turns out hmm, not bad but moderate but still bad from the expectation views.
see first his season with Chelsea, with inter with Real with Chelsea 2nd time with now Man-U… is one story almost; he comes trying to put all his shit together end up and sometimes the 11th at end of the season.
1nd season with Chelsea he take the league, taking it again the 2nd season with the same team and it was very conversational, left Chelsea start of the 4th season i think because of the dispointed results, he came to Inter when they were on fire already ; titles league winners for the last three years with Mancini, this was the easiest with Jose ever i like to think he had the best of all his career spot light at 2009–10 with inter, then the Real took him a year also to come up with sumthing, then Chelsea again, it was a shot never never meant to continue (he bought Moo Sala this year and kept him on the bench), and now with Man U he also had bad season last year and now look at ManU, magnificent

so heeither takes one season to gather his shit , or it come with him straight when the team he is into is alrighty (like Inter) but it takes overall him only 1-2 shots/leagues/titles and then he seems completely dead absolutely like he can not sustain his stamina for more then two seasons.

let hope and see if ManU would feel anything of the Sir.Alex Ferguson outta of him, tho the lattr had said said it straight the Jose ‘is the one to fill his place at ManU’.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

There does seem to be a burnout.
If you want to complete the analysis I can tell about Porto, arrived at the middle of a terrible season and that first half of the year was nothing special. After that next 2 seasons he managed to win everything including the Champions League and left winning, so kind of like at Inter. Porto sold half the team after winning the Champions League so probably would not be able to continue the sucess had he continued here.

I think a part of the burnout is that the Premier League is just extremely competitive. Don’t think any time won twice in a row in the last 10 years so most top teams just keep changing managers all the time. Unless you are Arsenal and don’t really care about winning stuff the top sides keep trying to change without results but it’s to get constant good results when the teams are balanced. Chelsea is already falling behind after winning with a big advantage last year.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Rise of English football happening…and I like it.

Hope Barca wins the domestic prizes in the mean time.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 18 October 2017 07:11 AM

Rise of English football happening…and I like it.

Hope Barca wins the domestic prizes in the mean time.

All 5 english teams are leading their groups, that’s new considering last few years.

Atletico and Monaco might not leave the group stage, that’s surprising

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ronaldo The Best (again)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

wilco - 23 October 2017 04:05 PM

Ronaldo The Best (again)

Can he do this though ???

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I can’t be mad though. Made some investments that paid off and lying on the beach now.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Real Madrid is playing some “great” football!! Tongue Another defeat and now even in CL after losing to Girona.
Players tired of winning just wanting to rest now, Florentino Perez probably going wild next season with transfers.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 01 November 2017 06:09 PM

Real Madrid is playing some “great” football!! Tongue Another defeat and now even in CL after losing to Girona.
Players tired of winning just wanting to rest now, Florentino Perez probably going wild next season with transfers.

Hey but at least Ronaldo scored, right?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 01 November 2017 06:09 PM

Doesnt help that i hate harry kane

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top