• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Blackwell Games

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I finally got around to playing all four games a few months back and wrote a review of them. It’s a great series and I’m looking forward to the next game, Epiphany.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

The Blackwell Epiphany Announced, Will Be The Longest And Darkest In The Series ( - http://indiestatik.com/2013/02/20/the-blackwell-epiphany-announced-will-be-the-longest-and-darkest-in-the-series/

I’m looking forward to checking this out!

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-02-14

PM

I have Deception from the Indie Bundle.  Never played the others.  Do they need to be played in order?

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

great news! I feel so comfortable when hanging out in the blackwell atmosphere. and can’t wait to dig further into the characters. each series goes deeper and deeper. and epiphany already looks like the most gorgeous one.

TheH2s - 22 February 2013 12:16 PM

I have Deception from the Indie Bundle.  Never played the others.  Do they need to be played in order?

I think they should be played in order. It’s not so obligatory as far as the the story goes, because each of them has its own. But the series have this kind of inertia, the first one is really light and is kind of introducing you to the universe of the game. Each chapter gets darker and more intriguing and gives you more and more insight on the background of Joey’s character and the whole “spiritual” thing. There are also some secondary characters that appear in more than one chapter, so it’s a good thing to know their story.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

TheH2s - 22 February 2013 12:16 PM

People that play adventure games are usually in it for the story, so for this genre, I’d say it’s always a good idea to play the previous games.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Blackwell Epiphany will be released 24th April

Pre-order is available for $14.99

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

That’s a bit steep. They promise the “longest Blackwell game yet” but that can still put it in the two-hour territory. Is there any guarantee this will be a full-length game and not a slightly longer episode?

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Pre-ordered. I’ll happily pay $15 for a shorter game if I’m familiar with the developer. I paid $20 for Gone Home because I knew I could trust the creators, and the same applies to Wadjet Eye.

I totally understand developers not wanting to join the race to the bottom on pricing, but I think the Blackwell games would have benefited from being cheaper in the long run. I thought they looked great for a long time, but didn’t get them because of the price. I eventually picked them up in the Blackwell bundle.

What should happen is a Humble Wadjet Eye Bundle before the release of Epiphany. The more people that have played the old games, the more people will buy Epiphany.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I’d be surprised if it didn’t happen.

That being said, how much would you say is a fair price for the first Blackwell “game”? Not speaking of exposure, just how much do you think it’s worth?

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Legacy and Unbound are $5 games in my mind—that’s what they charged for The Shivah remake and that felt like a fair deal for a couple hours of adventuring. I think that’s what Wadjet are selling them for now anyway. With that said, I’m happy to pay $15 for Epiphany—I want to support the dev, and the preorder comes with extras.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I played the beta - didn’t keep track of how long it took me, but it’s longer than two hours. (In fact, it’s long enough that when he was working on it, Dave almost decided to divide it up into two separate games.)

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Well I’m glad that didn’t happen. Broken Sword 5: Episode 1 took me 8 hours and I still wish the whole game had come out, and I felt the same with Broken Age. These games don’t benefit from being split down the middle and sold months apart (unless that was the plan from day 1 e.g. TWD). Time only dilutes the experience.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I hadn’t heard anything about this, just awesome. Certainly it will be worth 15$ and longer than two hours (Deception already was around 3 I think? And of course even longer if you wander around.). Very excited about this.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Also played the beta and it’s definitely longer than 2 hours.Granted some people depending on how easy it feels to them might be quicker.In any case I think it’s worth it.

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

Bit late to this thread and have a bit of self-interest in replying, but when I do my daily play-through of the game it takes me five hours to blast through to the end. So I imagine a newcomer to the game will take significantly longer.

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top