• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LSL: Reloaded

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

tomimt - 17 June 2014 02:17 AM

Talk about wasted audience.

I’m not so sure. Something tells me that anyone who feels inclined to visit a LSL Reloaded forum wouldn’t be entirely disinterested in kitchen renovations.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

What audience?

Nobody wants LSL game anymore.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Lucien21 - 17 June 2014 02:51 AM

I think they made a movie about that once.

Image Attachments

nobody.jpg

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

tomimt - 17 June 2014 03:01 AM
Lucien21 - 17 June 2014 02:51 AM

I think they made a movie about that once.

Two, actually.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Zifnab - 17 June 2014 02:39 AM
tomimt - 17 June 2014 02:17 AM

Talk about wasted audience.

I’m not so sure. Something tells me that anyone who feels inclined to visit a LSL Reloaded forum wouldn’t be entirely disinterested in kitchen renovations.

Kitchen renovations sound like an interesting subject. We only get to WATCH FREE MOVIES ONLINE HD!!! in here

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

It’s sad; I would have liked to have seen a remake of LSL2… out of all of the Leisure Suit Larry games, I think this one could have been the most fun to remake.  I just feel bad it ended up where it is now - the whole revival and Kickstarter for LSL.

Bt

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It was what it was. I really liked the remake, it was just a bummer that Trowe ended up being a walking disaster, not only for himself but for the whole series at least for a time being.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Advie - 16 June 2014 10:12 PM

it seems that spammers have settled down in Replay Games forums, and feeling very comfy.

That’s what happens when you fire all your moderators… Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 17 June 2014 06:27 AM

Kitchen renovations sound like an interesting subject. We only get to WATCH FREE MOVIES ONLINE HD!!! in here

I remember booting a number of kitchen renovators and even plumbers a few months ago. Before the free movie crowd came in… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Blackthorne - 17 June 2014 08:09 AM

It’s sad; I would have liked to have seen a remake of LSL2… out of all of the Leisure Suit Larry games, I think this one could have been the most fun to remake.  I just feel bad it ended up where it is now - the whole revival and Kickstarter for LSL.

Bt

Yes, the biggest reason I funded the LSL kickstarter was in the hope of a remake of LSL2. In my mind LSL1 didn’t need a remake, the last remake was already more than good enough. But LSL2 had a lot of potential but a lot of things that needed fixing.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Blackthorne - 17 June 2014 08:09 AM

Bt

So true, that happens when you do business with crazy people.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I think we’ll see a LSL2 remake eventually. Personally I would prefer it in the retro Sierra style (circa PQ3) than with the visual sheen that Reloaded had, but that wouldn’t sell would it?

I’m still not sure about the Larry voice. I would even support a completely new voice, moving away from the whiny caricature we’ve come to know.

I feel the tone of Reloaded was wrongly interpreting the original, but I know I’m virtually alone in thinking the first 3 games had an overall more serious & melancholic vibe to them.

Let’s face it, any LSL2 remake is going to be changing more than a few things (removing dead ends will be a major task) so might as well take some risks.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Personally, when I backed LSLR, I was hoping Al and Josh would have taken bigger risks with the original game, making far bigger changes that would have gone beyond just pimping up the the old game with a facelift, voice actors and actual dialogue.  It could have been interesting if they could have made LSL1 into more parodic version of 80’s society and what people think 80’s is and what it was.

That would have made Larry more fresh I think. That’s a route I they should take, as with that Larry could be elevated above what the most harsh critics see him as.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There may be an LSL2 remake somewhere down the line, but I seriously doubt Al or Josh will be involved with it. They only did this one as a way to get their foot in the door for more creative stuff. Didn’t work out all that well.

Nevertheless, if some entity other than Replay acquires the Sierra IP, who knows what might happen. Although it is my belief that neither want to be in the remake business.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

As far as I know, Replay never actually got the rights to Larry in full like they’d hoped they could. I imagine they won’t be doing anything further with Larry. Maybe someone else will try at some point.

I loved Josh’s rewritten script for Reloaded, and I liked the game overall, but I also would have liked to have seen a looser interpretation that wasn’t as married to the original’s layout and puzzles. I can’t say I was disappointed with the game itself, but I would have liked to see it as a new start and not just a one-off.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top