• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 72 - Gemini Rue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Chrissie, i guess the game doesn’t run on full screen unless it has the ‘winsetup.exe’

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Advie, I’ve tried my best to go into all of the files but I haven’t come across that yet but I’ll have another look.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

It does, I ran the setup from the steam interface first and it’s been running like a charm.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Okay, thanks.  Thumbs Up  I guess with no fix in sight that I’m going to be playing the game in a window.  Smile

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I also bought it from Steam before some days and have no problem with fullscreen. I also run first the setup options.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 06 May 2022 07:25 PM

Chrissie, i guess the game doesn’t run on full screen unless it has the ‘winsetup.exe’

I had another look & I did find the winsetup.exe app in the program files - if there was a way of using that I couldn’t find it. Also I tried installing the game on my old XP - a friend of mine recently installed a new graphics card which the winsetup.exe app seemed not to be compatible with.

There’s probably workarounds for anyone more tech savvy than me but seeing as the game can (& probably should) be played in full screen I’ve given in & bought the game from GOG - no tweaks necessary as the game is just automatically in full screen to start with!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

run the ‘winsetup.exe’ - go to advanced - choose to fill the screen

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 07 May 2022 10:36 AM

run the ‘winsetup.exe’ - go to advanced - choose to fill the screen

Advie, the ‘winsetup. exe’ just wouldn’t open to start with - there was a message to say that it needed to be in the same directory as the setup… or something like that. I fiddled around to no avail.  Sick

Thanks for trying to help   Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I am not participating in the CP and this will be my only post here.

I own the Daedalic release (2011) with both the English and German version on DVD. It does not run in full screen, the game area is surrounded by black bars about 1/12th of the screen width and height, as shown in the pics on the back cover:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/gemini-rue/cover-art/gameCoverId,230516/

The bars look greyish in the pics but they are black in the game. I actually prefer black bars to full screen mode in a dark game like Gemini Rue. As long as they are small of course.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Played a little less than half hour today and i m at stopping point.

I had a taste of some shooting at the begining of the next section and it doesnt look that bad and it seems to autosave when shooting starts so you dont waste time.

Anyway the game is interesting and wanna learn more about delta six and what exactly is happening in that place. So far the best i can say is that it is certainly atmospheric. We ll see how it goes.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I also finished the first section. Took me some time to figure out how the interface works, the item screen in particular since it pops up only when you point and click at some active spot, not any spot as in most other games. Shooting is also not too intuitive as you have to follow some weird patterns, but I think I can manage it. I also didn’t realise you can kick things at first.

It seems like the developer drew a good deal of inspiration from Full Throttle in addition to Blade Runner, Azriel even sounds like Ben! Nice to have a tough hero for a change. It’s hard to tell anything about the other character at this point besides that he is a prisoner, a guinea pig and a poor guy who gets robbed and beaten all the time while also trying to perform a Prison Break trick.

All in all, I found the game atmospheric and well-written so far, the way the story is introduced is subtle and immersive, dialogues and comments are realistic and up to the point. Pixel art might be a bit too pixel for my taste, but still nicely done, especially with all the rainy effects. Puzzles were easy, but fine for an intro. While talking to the hotel manager I tried different options for some alternative solutions: managed to fool him twice and also failed and found the room number on my own.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 07 May 2022 06:47 PM

I also didn’t realise you can kick things at first.

It seems like the developer drew a good deal of inspiration from Full Throttle in addition to Blade Runner, Azriel even sounds like Ben! Nice to have a tough hero for a change.

yeah, how cool is he!
but don’t put much emphasis on kicking things, you might need it only once thruout the whole game.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Advie - 07 May 2022 08:22 PM

yeah, how cool is he!
but don’t put much emphasis on kicking things, you might need it only once thruout the whole game.

Oh… well, I still keep kicking everything I can Smile This is such an underrated option in games.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

keep kicking Doom, and get your kick out of it.. Wink

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i finished that first portion, ready when we all

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top