• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last Adventure that got you REALLY hooked !!

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

Sefir - 31 January 2013 02:05 AM
Drolin - 30 January 2013 06:12 PM

More recently, I couldnt stop playing Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon.

Bad timing. We started the community playthrough yesterday.

It was in the start of the last year, so I will join CP and enjoy this game again with others thoughts. And in more slow way, so this time no rush Smile.

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Rhem 4. The bad news - that was over 2 years ago. The good news - I still have 5 Cores, Kairo and ASA A Space Adventure to play.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

The game that I couldn´t stop thinking about at the time I was playing it was GK 2 and it was a really captivating experience,that was 3 years ago, and the last game that got me hooked was probably Gemini Rue.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

just for the count Gemini Rue and Gabriel Knight 2 mentioned 3 times by 12 choosers

what about Edna and Harvey The Breakout ! anyone?!... it was the case for me with E&H that is more than a year ago,
but i am afraid of this if it should give (me) a negative Conclusion with/about the all the Burst of new Adventure Games (lately) within the last year!!

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Advie - 31 January 2013 08:18 PM

just for the count Gemini Rue and Gabriel Knight 2 mentioned 3 times by 12 choosers

It was The Lost Crown for me, and now it is mentioned 3 times as well! :)

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Deponia & Resonance

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

To The Moon was mine - completed that in 1 sitting, even though that’s not that a long time

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Recently I’ve had some sleepless nights because of 999.
But the last adventure I rememeber being constantly obsessed for 2-3 days was the first Phoenix Wright.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I’ve had many that I didn’t want to stop playing and hard to force to shut down the computer at night, but, the last game that I played that I even dreamed about and came up with solutions in my dreams was GK2. As soon as I woke up in the morning I had to start playing.  I’m lucky I managed to get the kids clothed and fed before school, I was so engrossed in that game. It still is one of my favorites.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Games that get me completely hooked tend to wind up with a 4.5 or 5 out of 5 rating (unless they seriously botch the ending). It’s the mark of a great game, imo…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

The only game that ever got me completely hooked was The Pandora Directive (with honourable mentions to UAKM,TLJ and both Syberias).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Well, Heavy Rain quite obviously. I played it in one day (pretty much on one sitting minus the toilet and eating breaks) and even went back to one failed chapter to finish it a bit differently. I was also really hooked on the Blackwell quadrology and Erica Reed.

I still enjoyed the replays of GK trilogy and Discworld Noir, the first time around I was enthralled. Other a bit more recent games I remember being really engaging are Culpa Innata, Dreamfall and Fahrenheit.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

It’s been a little while, honestly. Probably Machinarium. There have been other good adventure games since, but none that really sucked me in like the old days.

This year has some big ones that should change that, hopefully.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I feel a bit ashamed saying this, since there are so many here who don’t consider it a worthy adventure game, but I honestly got quite hooked on TWD. Clem really made a deep impact on me, and I was very eager to make sure she turned out okay^^

I’m also currently doing a replay of GK1, it’s been many, many years since my last attempt, and I’m enjoying it immensly. I guess I’m pretty hooked. I don’t believe I ever finished GK2 back in the day, because I never really liked FMV, but now I’m really eager to play it.

I’ve decided to be a bit more open about different styles of AG’s and it’s allready paying off. Having a blast with Callahans atm, a game I wouldn’t even consider playing one year ago, because I had a thing against 1st person view.

I guess everyone grows up at some point^^.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

okay. I give up. What game is TWD?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top