• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last Adventure that got you REALLY hooked !!

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Oh sure, I hope I didn’t sound too pessimistic previously Smile And the low sales are somehow my fault : I had a very bad commercial strategy lol
Besides, I don’t give up the “world” I created for ASA ! So I hope you’ll see more Cubes in space in the future Grin

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

Aw, that’s a shame Simon. I didn’t expect the number of sales to be high, considering that I’ve only read about it here and you didn’t manage to get it on one of the portals (yet), such as Desura or GOG, which also helps sales. Still, it deserves more attention from adventure game fans in my opinion. The positive review on this site didn’t really help?     

Ontopic:

A Space Adventure was one of the recent adventures that had me hooked. I was still thinking about it and its puzzles while I was at work and exploring new environments and solving its many puzzles kept me engrossed to the extent that I was playing it throughout the night.

I especially have this with games that don’t rely on inventory puzzles, which have too few aha-moments for me, and its these moments that give you such a good feeling. ASA had quite a few of those.

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hey thanks again Primate Ryan !
No the positive review didn’t help that much, I don’t understand why as I spread the word everywhere I could. I think most people are scared when they read the puzzles are difficult ! Smile It’s a matter of liking puzzles or not !

About Desura it’s currently on standby (ASA would need to work as a standalone = without system dependencies like DLL). I’m working on it with the author of Adventure Maker, it may take some time… or never happen Confused Argl…!

————
I won’t add more here, I don’t want this topic to be submerged by ASA (even if that’s great lol) Wink
There is already a topic dedicated to ASA if anyone wants to speak of it, so don’t hesitate Grin I’m more than happy to answer your questions !
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/942/
People who don’t want to buy/try ASA but still want to support indie adventures could “like” the facebook page of the game : http://www.facebook.com/aspaceadventure
Thanks !

————
Now on topic :

I forgot to mention Grim Fandango, of course !
Did you guys ever notice that there was a “deluxe” version of this game in preparation for a while ? http://grimfandangodeluxe.blogspot.fr/
Who knows if the project is still in dev ?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

no need to start a thread; about how Memento Mori 2 got me Sooo good, this game is the closet to Police Quest games I played since long time, because of the mix between office work, investigation and traditional exploring of different areas and locations, plus the game is looking fabulous, too detailed face/skin appearance as you can see at those other non-adventure games as Mass Effect and so on, great Soundtrack, and beautiful, just beautiful voice acting, Lara’s voice is top notch; a moment at a cutscene when she were shouting for her husband’s life really got me shaking, as if it was real.

Great game don’t get it mixed up with games such Art of Murder or Chronicles of Mystery or even secret Files, this is with more high standards and above its predecessor.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 06 November 2014 03:18 PM

no need to start a thread; about how Memento Mori 2 got Sooo good

I agree - Cant really think of much else to say, as I have already said a lot about this game Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I’d have to say Monkey Island 4. Hook got me semi-hooked but Hook’s a pussy, with only one hook who does he think he is? Meathook is the real deal. Two hooks or nothing!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zifnab - 07 November 2014 06:19 AM

I’d have to say Monkey Island 4. Hook got me semi-hooked but Hook’s a pussy, with only one hook who does he think he is? Meathook is the real deal. Two hooks or nothing!

you sound like a drunken Irish, grandpa

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

For me - Dangan Ronpa 2 - couldn’t stop playing it!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Last adventure that I really liked was Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect. It is just outstanding game with good humor, acting and quite well balanced puzzles (for my taste at least). It is probably the best adventure game of 2014 for me but I have to play new Sherlock Holmes, Vanishing of Ethan Carter and some others to be sure Laughing I really hope Big Finish Games manage to make another Tex Murphy game in near future, but gog`s 75% discount few days ago tells me it didn`t sell exceptionally well, which is a shame. I know they hesitate to use kickstarter again but I hope they find a way regardless.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Dreamfall Chapters. It really left me hungry for more in a good way.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 07 November 2014 08:25 AM

This, finished it too soon, but deep inside happy for PS4 rerun in full
graphics glory.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Some adventure games that mentioned to deliver that feeling the past 7 years:
-Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
-Gabriel Knight (dealt with my fav subjects and a killer moody ost to boot)
-Broken Sword 1
-Broken Sword 5(had reasonable expectation and they were surpassed. I think the soothing soundtrack, that evoked the feeling of the first game, has a large part in this).
-Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper (loved wondering around 19th century Victorian London)
-5 days a stranger

Ofcourse there are a number of other games but they don’t befall under the adventure genre.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tomimt - 07 November 2014 08:25 AM

Me too

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

At present—no “new” game (that I haven’t played before) since Memoria.
For whatever reason, Dreamfall Chapters didn’t hold my interest.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top