• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Deponia Movie?  (Not really)

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Interplay - 12 April 2013 09:27 AM
Monolith - 12 April 2013 01:14 AM

Anyways, off and on topic. Elysium is going to be great. Thought District 9 was such a perfect film. Especially the short film that came before it.

You have to love District 9.  90 minutes of thoughtful social allegory, followed by 30 minutes of absolutely badass action (including a mech!).

TELL ME ABOUT IT! Man, when I saw it in theaters. It totally blew my mind. Too bad its no longer on Netflix Instant. Frown

Iznogood - 12 April 2013 12:05 PM

Apparently the name ‘Elysium’ goes all the way back to the Greek mythology, so it is not a coincidence that not only the story is similar, but that the place is also called the same, they have all stolen it from the Greeks!

OMG! BURN ALL BOOKS! NO ONE IS ORIGINAL ANYMORE!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

indeed nothing is original. we just keep reinventing philip k dicks ideas over and over

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

You know, even if it was a rip-off I don’t think it would matter. I have played both Deponia games and the overall plot was so thin I had to keep reminding myself what the whole story was every time I went back to it. Rufus sort of just drifts from one scene to another without much larger context.

I would like to have seen more interesting ideas about class and immigration dealt with, but the developers are only interested in jokes. Maybe the movie does better.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top