• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which games will you play in 2013?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

millenia - 27 December 2012 07:35 PM

Cognition and last episode of Hector.
The Dark Eye (I’ve only just installed it)
Very likely Primordia and Edna & Harvey - The Breakout

Aaand then I don’t really know. I have loads and loads of games to play. Not swearing for the kickstarter projects yet, will see if they come in time Smile.

I should probably add the Portal games that I still haven’t played. Then I should give a little bit of time for Sims3 and a couple of xpacks I grabbed from the sales. Also I have Resonance of Fate and Valkyria Chronicles for PS3. And I think I should manage to finish The Witcher so I could go on to the sequel at some point.

Haven’t really planned any replays for the near future even though I have some piling up.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

Fien - 28 December 2012 07:51 AM

Thanks! I have played Photopia more than once. If you haven’t played it, please do. It’s only one hour of your time and you won’t regret it. An interactive story, no puzzles. But what a story…

Thanks for pushing me up, it was really good and short IF - could only recommend Smile. Need to more focus on this subgenre (I didnt even finish Zork, 1893 or A Mind Forever Voyaging! Embarassed ).

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2005-04-15

PM

I will very happily play Ragnar’s new Chapters for Dreamfall ...and Syberia III when it comes out. Not sure what else..but will always replay Kyrandia I, and II each year. Love them still. I may replay Anachronox as i have it working flawlessly on my XP set up now. Happy New Year to all.

Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin
“We Build Worlds”

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

Very curious about what Telltale has up their sleeve. Will they still be making point and click adventures or “interactive movies” like The Walking Dead.
Hopefully King’s Quest and Fables won’t be like TWD.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I also included Adam Syndrome on my list. It’s been on my radar since 2006. Never thought it’d actually be released but seeing as their now releasing a tech demo I guess it might just happen in 2013.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Already purchased and waiting to go:

Still Life 2
Post Mortem
Tales of Monkey Island
A New Beginning
Dark Eye: The Chains of Satinav
Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse
The Whispered World
TLJ: Dreamfall (started this last year but I hate the interface and gave up when I had
          to sneak around that killer robot in a friend’s room. Damaged hands make
          this sort of thing difficult.)
Keepsake     (This is a replay. I wasn’t too keen on original play but, following
          fairly positive reviews elsewhere on here, I’m seeing if I missed
          something first time round.)

Looking forward to/intending to buy:

Stasis
Haunted
Chaos on Deponia
Tex Murphy: Project Fedora
Broken Sword: Serpent’s Curse
Anna’s Quest Vol 2

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

I hope to play Bracken Tor and Moebius. It seems my gaming has taken a looong break and I actually wish I got the urge back to play. But it just isn’t happening. Strange, I know. Meh

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Sounds like the telltale sign of a deep depression Confused
Hope you get better! Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Hopefully:
Broken Sword 5
Dreamfall Chapters
Tex 6
Cognition

And…(haven’t had the chance yet)
Secret files 3
Temujin
Ceville
Shadow of the comet
Dragonsphere
Gene Machine
Riven
The next big thing

But from the last ones, I don’t know which one to start with!  Confused

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Jabod - 29 December 2012 09:36 AM

TLJ: Dreamfall (started this last year but I hate the interface and gave up when I had

Have you tried inverting the mouse/camera and if I recall correctly putting the sensitivity to minimum etc. The controls were rather bearable wasd-actiongameish after some serious fiddling. Also you could try a gamepad, lots of people have recommended it. It is a shame that people can’t play some of these adventures without reaction tests because many prefer the genre especially for that (not needing to have agile fingers and fast reflexes).

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

kate me - 29 December 2012 04:21 PM

Hopefully:
Broken Sword 5
Dreamfall Chapters
Tex 6
Cognition

And…(haven’t had the chance yet)
Secret files 3
Temujin
Ceville
Shadow of the comet
Dragonsphere
Gene Machine
Riven
The next big thing

But from the last ones, I don’t know which one to start with!  Confused

Of those The Next Big Thing is easilly the most fun if you don’t mind a whole lot of silliness.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

First time I hear of this fine-looking horror adventure. It could really use more promotion:

http://www.wretcher.com

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

millenia - 30 December 2012 07:31 AM
Jabod - 29 December 2012 09:36 AM

Have you tried inverting the mouse/camera and if I recall correctly putting the sensitivity to minimum etc. The controls were rather bearable wasd-actiongameish after some serious fiddling. Also you could try a gamepad, lots of people have recommended it. It is a shame that people can’t play some of these adventures without reaction tests because many prefer the genre especially for that (not needing to have agile fingers and fast reflexes).

I think I tried that at the time Millenia but I’ll keep it in mind for when I replay.
I actually came to adventure games because I wanted a proper story (I read a lot - 2 or more books a week) and the games I was trying in the late 80s/early 90s bored me rigid. And the daft thing was, back then, my reflexes were far better than the computer kit I owned (it wasn’t for no reason I fielded at 2nd slip) so I frequently overshot because the damn PC couldn’t keep up with me - how things have changed Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-09-28

PM

Next up on my list are:

Post Mortem
Still Life
Still Life II
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive

Then I would like to commit part of the year to some old adventures I finished in the distant past but which I don’t recall anything of, namely:

Ace Ventura
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Leisure Suite Larry 3
Leisure Suite Larry 7
Maniac Mansion
Nippon Safes Inc.
Sam & Max: Hit the Road
Simon the Sorcerer 2

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/01/2013-preview/3/

Just looking through that list makes me feel excited, giddy, and overwhelmed. I’ll never have enough time, money, and energy to play all the amazing adventure games that are coming out this year.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top