• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 27 December 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It’s the Scenies, it’s the Scenies, it’s the Sceniiiiiiiiies! And it’s Day Threeeeeeeee! (Feel free to set the words to a catchy tune of your choosing.)

Today we have an award with a particularly long-winded title: the Award for That One Scene That You Just Can’t Get Out Of Your Head (But Sure Wish You Could)!

This award recognizes a scene that strikes just the perfect balance between silly and stupid, between endearing and nauseating, so that it just gets stuck in your head and makes you feel guilty for it. Whether getting that award is an honour or not is debatable, but I guess leaving a mark is better than being instantly forgotten…?

Well, whether the winner is happy with it or not, the time has come! The Award for That One Scene That You Just Can’t Get Out Of Your Head (But Sure Wish You Could) goes to . . .

(drumroll)

(more drumroll)

(even more drumroll)

The Frogs Song, from Botanicula by Amanita Design!

Yes. That scene. That song. If you had managed to forget about it, it’s now back in your head for the next six months. You’re welcome.

And that was Day 3! Tomorrow, the Academy presents a Special Achievement Award to an exceptional scene. Be sure not to miss it!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You got that one exactly right, Kuru!  The song always makes me giggle, but it does stick like glue to the brain cells.  Two other rivals from the same game are the bouncy sheep bleats and the restaurant song in the chestnut people’s town.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I really need to play this game. I feel bad for not having played it yet…

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Fun game. Not as challenging as Machinarium. Really quirky and endearing.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

OMG! The frog song!!
Kuru, you are evil!!
Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack!
(All together)
QUACK, QUACK, QUACK, QUACK, QUACK, QUACK, QUACK!

(Very nice game, not as great as machinarium, but a really memorable one!! Smile )

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I played the demo, and though I enjoyed it, it didn’t appeal to me as much as Machinarium did. I’ll probably buy it somewhere down the line, but atm I got too much on my plate Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top