• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, they have definitely gone overboard with the phalluses and vaginas here. In the Sierra games all that was, if at all present, hidden in the background images, like with clouds shaped like a woman and things like that. Here they’ve slapped a vagina on a laptop thinking it’s clever Apple parody.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

I was half-expecting this game, I mean we all* like Larry and the game can’t possibly be worse than those Larry Lovage spin-offs. And if it’s done in Germany, they have some basic understanding of adventure games in their DNA, school education, tap water or something, even the worst garbage from Germany tends to be pretty good in comparison with the rest of the world.

After seeing that trailer, I’m not expecting much to be honest.

The background graphics look nice, although like said, they have too many “funny” sex references there.
Everything else seems to suck more than DIY liposuction device ever did.
- The voice is so annoying and out of character that I had hard time watching the minute-long trailer through.
- Larry looks bad. I mean seriously, what’s with the red nose tint? IIRC, Larry used to be many things, but never a drunkard.
- Larry looks wrong. There are two Larrys, the one from 1-3 and the one from 5 onward. This looks like neither of them. If they intended to make him more realistic (1-3 version) then only the height is right, everything else is too goofy. If, on the other hand, they went for the cartoon (5-7) version, then the character model is too tall, too thin and so on.
- The game doesn’t appear to be funny. It’s a big leap to judgement based on the short trailer, but none of the things they showed was really funny. And “everyone I knew is dead”, what’s with that? I don’t think Larry ever knew anyone except Passionate Patti, so she’s dead now? And what killed her, she was (presumably) the same age or younger than Larry. This really doesn’t work…
- Can’t comment much on gameplay, because they don’t show any. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t.

Overall, this can still be a good game. But I think it’s safe to say that if it is a good one, it will be regardless of Larry, not because of Larry.

At least this game will be an experiment of sorts. Now we get to see how much of Larry’s appeal actually was from Al Lowe and his team, and how much was just from the naughty subject matter.

* OK, not all of us…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

throwing trash all over new stuff never gets old and will always be the Internet #1 opinion, mostly safer than all i understand, but we needn’t play it safe all the time..

I am excited about this as its just a new PnC IP about sex, i hope it shocks the new gen as it did with the original, more of a reboot than a sequel or if its the latter then its a shame it is going to be a guarantee for its downfall, tho i doubt it as most of its team looks young enough to be loyal to the true IP, i mean there is no reason they would be so.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

GateKeeper - 10 September 2018 12:08 PM

And “everyone I knew is dead”, what’s with that? I don’t think Larry ever knew anyone except Passionate Patti, so she’s dead now? And what killed her, she was (presumably) the same age or younger than Larry. This really doesn’t work…

I got the feeling there is some kind of time machine jump and some unknown force push Larry straight to 21st century…

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

You know, the more I learn about this game, the more I wish they’d gone with the Lust in Space storyline Al Lowe was once considered as the sequel of LSL7. I don’t really find the concept of time travelling Larry or making fun of things like datings apps that interesting.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It all seems a bit too cutesy for me at the moment. The record scratch, the delayed punchline and the Cartoon Network style character design. Compare it to Larry 6 where Larry was a straight up jerk, the women were brutal and the art style was garishly offensive. I hope they didn’t take too much of the grime off.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ahenobarbus - 10 September 2018 04:07 PM
GateKeeper - 10 September 2018 12:08 PM

And “everyone I knew is dead”, what’s with that? I don’t think Larry ever knew anyone except Passionate Patti, so she’s dead now? And what killed her, she was (presumably) the same age or younger than Larry. This really doesn’t work…

I got the feeling there is some kind of time machine jump and some unknown force push Larry straight to 21st century…

Probably some kind of Hot Tub Time Machine…
The concept of Larry from the 80s stuck in 2018 and all the stuff happening now could be excellent but very hard to pull off.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow, Wilco knows about LSL stuff, you are too young for this man, Laughing just kidding!.
when did ye play man, i thought apart from LSL1 you weren’t so keen on playing this series!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 11 September 2018 07:59 AM

Wow, Wilco knows about LSL stuff, you are too young for this man, Laughing just kidding!.
when did ye play man, i thought apart from LSL1 you weren’t so keen on playing this series!

I played them when I was a horny teenager like most of you (1,5,6,7)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The first “making of” feature that is being rolled out leading up to the release of the game. This is such a young team - I’d say they are all younger than the series. I just want to see them do well and hopefully capture new audiences to what I believe was a pioneer of digital comedy.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

I’m not liking much the character design, never saw Larry as a tall and thin fella.

The whole art gives me an Hector: badge of carnage, vibe. All dirty. Not sure if i like that either.

Still, best of luck to the team!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

sordy-wordy - 28 September 2018 08:05 PM

I’m not liking much the character design, never saw Larry as a tall and thin fella.

He only got the “short and pudgy” cartoony appearance in LSL 5. He’s average height and thin in the first game, and average height and average built in LSL 2 and 3…

But if you’re going for cartoony graphics, you *really* need the LSL 5+ (especially LSL 7) Larry.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 29 September 2018 03:42 AM
sordy-wordy - 28 September 2018 08:05 PM

He only got the “short and pudgy” cartoony appearance in LSL 5. He’s average height and thin in the first game, and average height and average built in LSL 2 and 3…

But if you’re going for cartoony graphics, you *really* need the LSL 5+ (especially LSL 7) Larry.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top