• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kentucky Route Zero

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Wow, Act II is even better. This is great.

Gabe - 03 June 2013 04:01 PM

Exceptionally good design and artistic values for an indie game,thrilling to imagine what this duo can accomplish with big budget.

I agree. Although I’m not sure they need a big budget.

Visually, they’ve managed to do something that doesn’t feel old and tired. It’s not retro, not cartoon and not ultra-realistic. It feels fresh, and I haven’t felt that in a while. It’s not just how it looks or sounds, how the game plays is a touch of genius. It’s something you need to experience.

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Oscar - 10 June 2013 08:26 AM

Wow, Act II is even better. This is great.

Gabe - 03 June 2013 04:01 PM

Exceptionally good design and artistic values for an indie game,thrilling to imagine what this duo can accomplish with big budget.

I agree. Although I’m not sure they need a big budget.

Visually, they’ve managed to do something that doesn’t feel old and tired. It’s not retro, not cartoon and not ultra-realistic. It feels fresh, and I haven’t felt that in a while. It’s not just how it looks or sounds, how the game plays is a touch of genius. It’s something you need to experience.

I agree! it really puts your mind in a different place.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Don’t know how old this piece of news is but congratulations to KRZ for winning an IGF award for Excellence in Visual Arts!

http://www.igf.com/02finalists.html#kentucky

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m reading Episode 3 is finally out

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 06 May 2014 01:46 PM

I’m reading Episode 3 is finally out

Wat the wat the,  week ago i was searching for update after my rerun of Ep2 and here we
are…

http://www.destructoid.com/kentucky-route-zero-act-iii-is-out-now-274383.phtml

Just watched Enemy, so ready for surrealist marathon.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, it’s here and I want to play it… and Tesla will be here tomorrow Yum and I haven’t finished Moebius yet… and the Capri Connection will also be out in May… and what about Memento Mori 2 coming on Steam…

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I have to wait until the weekend to play it, but very excited Smile

Karlok - 06 May 2014 06:08 PM

and the Capri Connection will also be out in May…

What? I thought the KS failed.  Gasp

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It did fail, but they managed to work on it somehow. Here’s their site, where you can preorder the Capri Connection.

http://www.caprisaga.com/the-capri-connection.html

I read at gameboomers that Mag already has a walkthrough ready Gasp and that the game will be released soon.

http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/953364/Re:_The_Capri_Connection

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just finished Act3 , pretty long , they took their time almost a year but this Act is bigger than previous Acts combined.

No words can describe what i felt through, the sounds, visuals and narrative how it
plays around different themes, its just transcendent experience.
There were some really soul touching moments that makes you to go places if your creative juices are flowing right Smile

Take your time for one sitting playthrough , with booze or smoke , whatever works for you to enhance your juices and then play this bizzare trip, you will enjoy it hundred fold.

10/10

Simply put, its my Best Adv Game after 90s era of AdvGames.
And apart from AGs, one of the best experiences i ever had.

Now to play it again with different choices. Grin

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I was hoping for all the episodes to be out before i started this game.. but its looking like maybe i should just jump in, or i’ll be waiting forever Tongue

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Three word review:  Incredibly emotional experience.

Seriously, if you haven’t given yourself the chance of playing this you are depriving yourself of one of the richest narrative’s of modern adventure gaming. 

There’s a new benchmark right now for enveloping experiences and it’s name is Kentucky Route Zero.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Metacritic 92

Gamespot 9

The game’s meanings aren’t simple, its logic not straightforward.
It can take on a life of its own in your own mind because it operates according to rules that belong more to the subconscious than to the conscious, effortlessly blending the concrete and the magical. Kentucky Route Zero is not, in any sense, a typical adventure game. It’s an incredible one.

Kentucky Route Zero ventures so boldly beyond our expectations that it achieves a special kind of greatness. There are worlds within worlds in Kentucky Route Zero—literal worlds under the surface, virtual worlds in dusty old computers, and worlds of memory locked away in the troubled hearts of its characters.

And even at its most dreamlike, Kentucky Route Zero remains deeply concerned with very real, concrete matters.

Realist, Magical and Surreal , the words are more felt in Act3.
Realist troubled past of characters, Magical trip and Surreal happenings.

When it comes to surreal and bizzare stuff what i liked most is that it emulates
right notes of lynch and cronenberg, and get one step beyond.
Oh and add Twilightzone into the blender too. Smile

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Stonez - 14 May 2014 08:58 AM

Three word review:  Incredibly emotional experience.

Seriously, if you haven’t given yourself the chance of playing this you are depriving yourself of one of the richest narrative’s of modern adventure gaming. 

There’s a new benchmark right now for enveloping experiences and it’s name is Kentucky Route Zero.

Indeed. There is a lot of talk about “player choice” going around but what KRZ is doing is in another dimension and it is quite fascinating. It isn’t the moral choice between good or bad guy, or paths the story will take, more like a subtle way of having a hand in how the characters and events take shape. It is a strange feeling because like real life, you know it’s all predestined and you will end up at the same place, but certain options feel more “right” for the story, for different people. You feel like you are creating it along with the writers.

It’s like the opposite of having “alternate ending” tacked on superficially. What you do has no meaning or purpose so somehow, that gives it a meaning and puts you right there in the moment instead of thinking of the consequences. If that makes any sense.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Seems impossible but episode 4 was released:

http://kentuckyroutezero.com/

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I haven’t played a single episode yet. I dunno what to do. Already start 1 or wait til the whole series is done?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top