• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kentucky Route Zero

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-kentucky-route-zero/17-6940/

Giant Bomb has done a quick look.

Looks cool, but not sure what is going on.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Finished up playing the first act. The writing is really introspective and interesting but the atmosphere is amazing - the ambient soundtrack and the visual style with its shifting perspectives, muted tones and vector art design really creates this mood that varies from pensive to downright eerie. It’s very linear though and Act 1 will take about an hour or more to get through but I’m very curious to see what happens next.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

thejobloshow - 09 January 2013 06:52 PM

Finished up playing the first act. The writing is really introspective and interesting but the atmosphere is amazing - the ambient soundtrack and the visual style with its shifting perspectives, muted tones and vector art design really creates this mood that varies from pensive to downright eerie. It’s very linear though and Act 1 will take about an hour or more to get through but I’m very curious to see what happens next.

Yea, I got a bit more into it. It’s nicely written and the audio is the highlight besides the visual style. Feels very much like an odd, almost surreal introspective piece. There’s some cool elements to it, some minor exploration; the game even has some text adventure bits. Overall, what a treat. There’s so much in there, can’t wait to see how this game plays out. I hope the people behind it bring us more after this concludes.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Really liked the Art, ambience and music. Initially missed Voiceacting later on it didn’t matter i think the choice was right.

For me the game inspired me to make my imagination go nuts, like DavidLynch movies
and that says alot.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Monolith - 09 January 2013 01:38 PM
Jannik - 09 January 2013 01:16 PM

Does anyone know if there’s a demo of this game, and what the PC requirements are?

No demo yet

Ok, thanks. Took a chance and bought the game, since I’m getting a new laptop soon, so if it didn’t work on the one I’m using now, it wouldn’t be a big problem. Unfortunately I had some texture problems, but for the first 2/3 of the game (it’s pretty short), I thought it was maybe just part of the visual style, so I just kept playing Smile

The system requirements from the readme file in case anyone is wondering:
“This game requires a video card that supports at least shader model 3. Most video cards made within the last several years should be fine.”

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Man, I really want to play this game. How are things rendered? Is it all High Res 2D graphics or is it a mix of 2d and 3d? The visuals look moody, animated, and still very artistic without sacrificing to the age old ‘3D look’.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I’m up to part III. I love it so far. The graphics remind me of a mix of Infogrames and Another World (or Out of This World).

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Monolith - 10 January 2013 03:48 AM

Man, I really want to play this game. How are things rendered? Is it all High Res 2D graphics or is it a mix of 2d and 3d? The visuals look moody, animated, and still very artistic without sacrificing to the age old ‘3D look’.

Mix, Some are 2D for sure others are illusion of 3D i.e 2.5D , at times i too wondered, Cars and some props are 3D. Graphics are cool enough to ask myself , why can’t other
adventure games be like this, the guy did great job.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Finished it. Is the game meant to just flick off back to the desktop at the end? At least I assume it’s the end.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

New episode? Anyone?

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

As posted on Twitter, it was due out the end of April but will be delayed a couple of weeks.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Episode 2 is out Smile

EDIT: Confirm it please.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The game is out, but I think I’ll wait for the rest of the season, the first chapter was good but really small and it took so long for the new one. I’m going to wait and play them all together on this one.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Exceptionally good design and artistic values for an indie game,thrilling to imagine what this duo can accomplish with big budget.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Well that’s settled. Episode 1 wasn’t a fluke. I don’t know which ones exactly, but Kentucky Route Zero is bound to be picking up a couple of Aggies at the end of the year.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top