• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Most common thing said in adventure games?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

Just a very casual thread. I’m playing Memoria (excellent game) and in one scene there’s a door that looks like a gate. I walked my character to the door expecting to hear something predictable. I heard it..
It’s locked.Pan

I’m convinced these are the most used words in adventure games as I cannot recall a single game where they haven’t cropped up or slight variations on it Smile  In Sherlock Holmes it’s “Closed!” but same thing. Of course, the very nature of adventure game puzzling means that locked doors will almost always be included so I guess it’s inevitable. Can you think of any you regard as the most used words that run through most games you’ve played?

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How about “That won’t work.”?

Or maybe “I’m selling these fine leather jackets.”. Grin
OK, I’m kidding with that one… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

TimovieMan - 27 September 2013 09:46 PM

How about “That won’t work.”?

Or maybe “I’m selling these fine leather jackets.”. Grin
OK, I’m kidding with that one… Tongue

Grin

Or how about “We (I/You) must hurry!”

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

“It’s too heavy” gets a fair run too.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I can think of its stuck/wont budge , and cant reach it/out of reach or think Nina, THINK!

but the most inevitable thing (generally I guess) is escaping the room!

droggeljug!! Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-09-27

PM

(Hi, I’m new here!)

In countless games I’ve played over the decades, there has been a bed. When you try to use it, the response is some variant of “I don’t have time to sleep.” (Leisure Suit Larry being an obvious exception)

I always felt that was a matter of opinion, but the games never seemed to agree.    Laughing

Total Posts: 2072

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

“There is nothing interesting/nothing to look at”. Especially effective when there’s only one cursor and few hotspots to choose from.

“Those don’t work together” - your reward for unscripted item combinations.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have to agree with Timovieman, the most common thing heard is different variations of I can’t do that, and in older games You have just died Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I liked the thing Mac Malden said whenever Tex gave him something he couldn’t use: “You can keep that.”
And the girl in A New Beginning (I forgot her name) whenever you tried to let her do something impossible: “No, no and no!”

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2013-03-30

PM

Hector (Badge of Carnage) offers spicier variations…  Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top