• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Playing Any Horror Adventure Games for Halloween - I’m playing Black Mirror 3 and Lone Survivor

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Tis the season for spooky games - I’m playing 2 really good ones:

1) The Black Mirror 3 - a modern classic if there ever was one. I’m having an amazing time with this one. I’m playing this one on the PC.

2) Lone Survivor - a very strange and horrific game and many call this game a “survival horror” game (I’m playing this on the PSVITA):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xtt0ZezljHk

It is officially called a “Survival Horror Adventure Game” - but it does involve limited ammo and shooting zombies along with puzzle solving.

So - anyone else playing any spooky games for the Halloween season? Ever play the two I’m playing - or would recommend one to play?

Gasp

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mikekelly - 27 September 2013 10:20 PM

Tis the season for spooky games - I’m playing 2 really good ones:

1) The Black Mirror 3 - a modern classic if there ever was one. I’m having an amazing time with this one. I’m playing this one on the PC.

BM3 is in my top-10-AGs of all time ..  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

I started Black Mirror 2 last month. I wouldn’t call it horror though with the exception of the music and tones. The game is ok. I never played the first one. It’s kind of losing my interest and I am thinking of just using a walkthrough to finish it.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The Black Mirror games are an interesting lot. They got better reviews as they go along.

The Black Mirror averaged 3 stars, The Black Mirror 2 - 3.5 stars and The Black Mirror 3 got 4 stars - rave reviews in fact.

I’ve got all three - but I do have to agree - Black Mirror 3 does seem to be the best of the lot by far:

http://on.aol.com/video/black-mirror-3-features-trailer-517040971

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I started Black Mirror 2 last month. I wouldn’t call it horror though with the exception of the music and tones. The game is ok. I never played the first one. It’s kind of losing my interest and I am thinking of just using a walkthrough to finish it.

I actually started The Black Mirror 3 before 2. This was because everyone said “The Black Mirror 3” is by far the best of the lot.

I did play “The Black Mirror” year ago and only thought if fair - as did most of the reviewers.

Now “The Black Mirror 3” is indeed very, very good. Good story, graphics and interesting characters.

I will post a complete review here when I complete it.

To think, I got “The Black Mirror” 2 and 3 both together for $6.99 is amazing.

You can’t beat the prices on PC adventure games - not at all.

Heart

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mikekelly - 29 September 2013 11:09 AM

I actually started The Black Mirror 3 before 2. This was because everyone said “The Black Mirror” if by far the best of the lot.

Heart

Ooops how confusing Meh  Pan

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I simplified my post a bit. What I said was the reviews for “The Black Mirror 3” were so sterling that I skipped “The Black Mirror 2” and went straight to “The Black Mirror 3”.

I played the first one when it was first released ages ago.

This game makes many people’s “Top Ten AGs of all Time ” adventure lists and I wanted to see what the fuss was about:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18465

I’m about half way through and the story just gets better. I’m sure “The Black Mirror 2” will be a let down after playing the amazing “The Black Mirror 3” but I’m prepared for it.

Sick

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

You do realise that BM3 is a continuation of the story in BM2?
The same is not quite the case with BM1 and 2, even though there are some references to BM1 then there are several years between them (in the story), whereas BM3 basically starts where BM2 ends.

If you had asked I would highly have recommended that you played BM2 first.

Edit: BTW imo BM2 is better that BM3 Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 29 September 2013 05:50 PM

You do realise that BM3 is a continuation of the story in BM2?
The same is not quite the case with BM1 and 2, even though there are some references to BM1 then there are several years between them (in the story), whereas BM3 basically starts where BM2 ends.

I thought sure you know of that Mikekelly!! , and its what I meant by confusing , as BM2-BM3 are one game told on two episodes (as Inzo mentioned)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And BM1 is an underrated modern classic.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

and its what I meant by confusing , as BM2-BM3 are one game told on two episodes (as Inzo mentioned)

I did not know that. Water under the bridge as I am now 70% complete with the 3rd one. I’m glad to hear that many like BM 1 and BM 2 more than BM 3.

I will of course promptly play “The Black Mirror 2” as soon as I finish 3 and THEN go back and replay BM 3 again.

Good thing I got the two pack of BM 2 and BM 3 together. I played some BM 2 and it played quite well. Looked very good too - I’ll be playing it promptly as I’m almost finished with BM 3.

I may even replay BM 1 again too - it’s been a few years since I played it. All these spooky games are perfect for Halloween…

Heart

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

I played Black Mirror 2 for 5 hours tonight. It gets better as the story progresses. First two chapters were dull. The rest has been great. I’m glad to hear that BM3 is a continuation. I have both games. I’ll have to roll into the next one right after.

On a side note, the games are very long. That’s hard to find now days.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I played Black Mirror 2 for 5 hours tonight. It gets better as the story progresses. First two chapters were dull. The rest has been great.

I’m SO GLAD to hear this. I’ve read so many reviews of the game that were not exactly stellar about the game.

With so many people here saying good things about BM 2 I’m actually looking forward to playing it now.

I’m curios about some aspects of the story in BM 3 that I’m sure that BM 2 will clear up.

Tongue

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Man, the ending of Black Mirror 2 was so bad it makes me have second thoughts about playing the third. The direction it left us just doesn’t make me running to install the third.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

have second thoughts about playing the third. The direction it left us just doesn’t make me running to install the third.

The story in BM 3 is - simply put, one of the best I’ve ever played. Funny at times, creepy at others. BM 3 is the game that tipped playing adventure games back to the PC for me as my platform of choice. I cannot recommend this game enough.

So - if you have BM 3 already - do yourself a favor and play it now! It is by far the highest rated of the three games. I’m so lucky I got both BM 2 and BM 3 together at a great price.

Adventure games played in 2013 so far:

3DS - 6

PSVITA - 7

PC Netbook - 8

A great year so far I must say. And there is my personal adventure game of the year and BM 3 is in the running for best adventure game I played in 2013 - that is high praise.

Heart

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Shivers or Shivers2

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top