• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Documentary on History of Sierra On-Line

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

All I have is anecdotal evidence, but a long time ago when I was helping a dude on a Leisure Suit Larry website we got an opportunity to interview Sierra art director, Al Eufrasio, who worked on King’s Quest 8 and he joked that Roberta’s input in that game consisted of going to the studio once every month and asking if her game was ready yet.

Although, I remember seeing promo footage of Roberta in conferences with a white board full of flow charts related to the game and consulting on the title.

It’s odd though. A lot of people cite 1998 as this golden year for video games because a lot of big PC titles like Half-Life, Grim Fandango and Starcraft came out and they include King’s Quest 8 in that list too like it was a classic title.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2013-08-07

PM

This is fascinating. I’ve always been so interested in Sierra, particularly Roberta Williams (my childhood hero). I hope they get into what happened when all the brilliant designers were tossed aside and replaced with the geniuses who produced KQ8.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2013-08-07

PM

thejobloshow - 27 September 2013 06:47 PM

All I have is anecdotal evidence, but a long time ago when I was helping a dude on a Leisure Suit Larry website we got an opportunity to interview Sierra art director, Al Eufrasio, who worked on King’s Quest 8 and he joked that Roberta’s input in that game consisted of going to the studio once every month and asking if her game was ready yet.

Although, I remember seeing promo footage of Roberta in conferences with a white board full of flow charts related to the game and consulting on the title.

It’s odd though. A lot of people cite 1998 as this golden year for video games because a lot of big PC titles like Half-Life, Grim Fandango and Starcraft came out and they include King’s Quest 8 in that list too like it was a classic title.

She also had a pretty rough time being heard and respected in a male dominated industry (especially in that era). You don’t hear anything negative about Al Lowe. I’m sort of tired of hearing these stories about Roberta Williams, even if she was a maniacal bitch, she’s a damned genius and deserves respect for her contribution to this genre.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top