• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Need help remembering a game prototype

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m trying to remember the name of some brilliant prototype/demo that I played some time ago, but I really can’t remember anything useful that would help me look for it.

* It was a short demo, for an indie game
* It was some time ago. Maybe a year, maybe two? I think we discussed it a bit on the forums, but I can’t remember if it was the new or the old forums
* Now that I think about it, I don’t remember anyone yelling “This needs a Kickstarter!”, so it might have been 2 years ago rather than 1 (before DFA).
* I was reminded of it by the Homesick logo; the art style was similar: 2D, hand-drawn, lots of white surfaces (it’s not Homesick; Homesick is 3D; it just looked a bit like that particular image)
* The game’s environments were made of several 2D layers, and you could slide them relative to one another to uncover clues or passages; e.g. one layer was a wall with a window, and the one behind was a landscape and you could move it to see/access different things through the window
* The demo/prototype was pretty short (15 minutes to complete?), but it felt really, really clever, and fun
* The prototype may have been released for some indie conference/festival??

And that’s all I can remember. As I said, I got reminded of it by seeing the Homesick picture, and I was wondering what was going on with it. Does it ring any bells for anyone?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Is it Gorogoa?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeap, that’s Gorogoa without a doubt. The very similar art style is featured in still-in-production Timeless Journey.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lol. I remembered this as well, and went through the archives to find the thread about it, because I’d forgotten the name.

And now that I’ve found it, I see that fov beat me to it… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I met the developer fairly recently… might not have remembered it otherwise. Wink It’s a neat premise. In fact this thread has reminded me that I really should download the demo…

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

That game was so much fun. I hope it gets finished at some point. I’d definitely pony up 20 dollars or so for it.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Wow, thanks a lot. Smile I would never have remembered the name. Not a lot of updates on the game’s page, but hopefully the developer is making progress.

(I think I’m going to replay the demo now.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top