• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Is Dark Earth an adventure game?

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

I always thought it was, but I can’t find it here in the database.

Has anyone played it? Is it good?

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dark-earth

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

walas74 - 02 April 2022 09:16 AM

Hi!

I always thought it was, but I can’t find it here in the database.

Has anyone played it? Is it good?

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dark-earth

I have it. It’s pretty good. It’s not an adventure game, there is significant amounts of combat in the game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I remember reading a review in the 1990s where it was desribed as an adventure game with fighting elements or something. There were quite a number of those action-adventure experiments back then without clear genre borders, like Outcast, Redguard or Omikron - David Cage’s first game which is defenetely an adventure in my book, especially compared to his later Fahrenheit, and yet they are also not in the database. The Little Big Adventure series, on the other hand, are universally considered to belong to the adventure genre for some reason. Go figure Smile

off-topic. Someone broke the April Fool’s thread. off-topic

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Doom - 02 April 2022 11:32 AM

I remember reading a review in the 1990s where it was desribed as an adventure game with fighting elements or something. There were quite a number of those action-adventure experiments back then without clear genre borders, like Outcast, Redguard or Omikron - David Cage’s first game which is defenetely an adventure in my book, especially compared to his later Fahrenheit, and yet they are also not in the database. The Little Big Adventure series, on the other hand, are universally considered to belong to the adventure genre for some reason. Go figure Smile

off-topic. Someone broke the April Fool’s thread. off-topic

It’s a good game, I liked it when I played it. Could be fun even today, just be prepared to do some combat that’s all.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Thanks for your answers. I will play it some day…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Played it when it came out. It’s very much an hybrid but it’s fun.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top