• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiegrizzlypantsSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

April Games

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This is kind of a mixed bag review of the “five best” games review.

At least one game is a platformer-only game. There may be more, but it’s hard to tell.

In past reviews you used to be able to click on individual games to see both where they can be bought and what platforms were supported. Not so this review. Of the four other games, two seem to be in the retro-pixel style that I do not like. Of the other two, one seems to use “current” graphics. The other is hard to tell what its graphic style is since it seems to primarily show atmospheric backgrounds.

So, one I can’t play. Two I won’t play. And two I don’t know if I can play. I love these monthly posts. But I don’t think this was one of the best.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Chinatown Detective Agency Looks OK, not great, but OK. I may play it. The rest of the games are a pass for me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 142

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

Played the Chinatown Detective Agency demo a long while ago. There’s two worrying things about it for me:

a) Stat management. Like, you’re supposed to manage time/money/energy. The demo was too short whether to figure out what impact that’d have, and the game devs says they have redesigned it, but it might still be a real nuisance.

b) It requires actual Google research to solve puzzles. Which is probably fine if you play the game immediately but I’m not sure whether that’s a good idea still a few months down the line ...

I’m taking a wait-and-see approach with this one. Though the setting and such are really nice. And it’s coming today already Wink

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Pyoro-2 - 07 April 2022 06:56 AM

Played the Chinatown Detective Agency demo a long while ago. There’s two worrying things about it for me:

a) Stat management. Like, you’re supposed to manage time/money/energy. The demo was too short whether to figure out what impact that’d have, and the game devs says they have redesigned it, but it might still be a real nuisance.

b) It requires actual Google research to solve puzzles. Which is probably fine if you play the game immediately but I’m not sure whether that’s a good idea still a few months down the line ...

I’m taking a wait-and-see approach with this one. Though the setting and such are really nice. And it’s coming today already Wink

Thanks for the post. After reading this, I’m defiantly going to read some reviews before buying it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top