• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies 2017

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

It is what happens when people vote. Trump won, Brexit won, Rajoy won in Spain.

Democracy means quantity, not quality, of the vote.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Thimbleweed Park is definitely overrated by the fans. Best story? Not even close with that horrible ending. Also the writing was pretty lame with the constant breaking the 4th wall jokes and the renos, and what not. The Darkside Detective was waaaaaaay funnier, but I’m guessing not too many people played it (folks might have been turned off by its 80’s graphics style).

Also The Sexy Brutale deserves much more love Smile
Glad The Sexy Brutale took best non-traditional adventure. I myself was torn between it and Gorogoa, but I think The Sexy Brutale left a bigger mark on me. It was my personal adventure game of the year.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

nomadsoul - 22 February 2018 04:37 PM

Shame on all Dronpa cult, we failed
Need to grow cult more Smile

Big fan of Danganronpa, but I still voted for Chloe Price over Kochichi.  Now if it was Nagito from Danganronpa 2, that’d be a different story.  He may be my favorite character in video game history.

Danganronpa v3 did still get my vote for best non-traditional adventure game though.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Zelda botw just won best AGoty at DICE and then Tim schafer came on stage to announce winner of Best character , so meta

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Oh i think its a safe assumption thimbleweed park will win both traditional and overall catagories. Its a strong game regardless of the end. And it is by far the best of the “adventure revival” kickstarters. Its not easy to construct a game with simultaneous characters and keep everything interesting. Thimbleweed accomplishes it with 5 characters. Alas DRv3 wont get the credit it deserves. But thimbleweed is the overall better game.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

zane - 23 February 2018 01:36 AM

Oh i think its a safe assumption thimbleweed park will win both traditional and overall catagories. Its a strong game regardless of the end. And it is by far the best of the “adventure revival” kickstarters.

Depends if we are including XING as an “adventure revival kickstarter.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Must be the worst year of ags since beginning of time.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Yes, fourteen billion years and it seems to be that way.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

however, clear the situation is you always and every time this kinda things happen, you must see someone who finds something good in a dip of shit.

i dont know, is it of the concept of trying to be nice and feeling like ALL people are being too harsh and he alone with a different opinion clearly opposing but not merely convinced with it.

i am sorry i dont mean anyone in particular here, i am just talking about the act the is like a tradition, and expected… when all agree on sumthing you would be 100% be waiting for when and whos gonna come up with the different opinion. why i have no idea yet.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Is there any info on how many people vote each year?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

BitingWit - 23 February 2018 03:38 AM
zane - 23 February 2018 01:36 AM

Oh i think its a safe assumption thimbleweed park will win both traditional and overall catagories. Its a strong game regardless of the end. And it is by far the best of the “adventure revival” kickstarters.

Depends if we are including XING as an “adventure revival kickstarter.

Im defining “adventure revival kickstarter” as kickstarters for adventure games run by veteran devs to the genre from a long ago era. So: tex murphy, jane jensen, two guys, ron gilbert etc. So xing would not fall into this category as far as im aware. Though every time i see xing all i can think of is qin, a game i bought about 20 years ago and was kind of a mediocre myst clone. So if they had anything to do with that then that would count.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 23 February 2018 08:37 AM

Is there any info on how many people vote each year?

i always referred in my choices to readers choice more, but it seems that we cant spell it out that 2017 was a bad year for adventure games, having 3-4 classics doesn’t make it any better, i think the goodness of a year is based on both a quantity and a quality together.

i dont mind members votes for Thimbleweed park now that thought about it, there isn’t many options to replace it, even if we have 150games, and in this situation i guess people dont care about the category they vote at because they might simply fill the voting page with Thimbleweed from the 1st to the last Category never minding what these Categories represent.

i would ve liked if anybody does not have a clear view of what game fits a category to leave it natural and do not vote, but by these results, it seems everyone had to fill every category (s)he encountered no matter what

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Credit where credit is due: the reader poll for this year is still doing a much better job than the year where tex murphy tesla effect nearly swept the entire reader poll (including getting best writing for a comedy and a drama)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I really enjoyed the silver Aggies - great reading. I hope next year we do as good a job.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations to the winners & thanks to the AG staff for organising the nominations & voting who in my mind have done a far better job of picking the winners than the ‘readers’ as they obviously played more than just Thimbleweed Park last year!

Don’t get me wrong, I did find Thimbleweed Park to be a very good game but for me badly let down by the ending - it was an interesting concept which would have been better suited to have been an aspect somewhere within the game rather than as a substitute for providing a more satisfying ending!
Yes, I did cast a vote for the game but there were a lot of other very worthy games to vote for in the variety of categories also & it’s a little disappointing that some interesting games didn’t even make it to be runners-up! Sick   

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top