• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Minecraft - TellTaleGames

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Boy, I’ve read a few reviews that were not exactly glowing. I am going to wait until I have an opening in my schedule before I even consider this game - and my backlog is very solid for quite sometime. 

Currently playing Sinking Island on my PC netbook which is a wonderful game.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 13 October 2015 02:46 PM

i am starting to doubt our friendship madsoul Tongue

Man, you are master of 180, first you use to debate why i said Tim is celebrity, (which he was and still is) until recently when you got all Pro Tim.
And then you pulled 180 on KQ debate and made a thread after instant change of mood.

And now you are pulling 180 on our friendship , Madvie. Tongue

Mikekelly - 13 October 2015 03:32 PM

Boy, I’ve read a few reviews that were not exactly glowing. 

Hmmmmmmm.
Not sure i follow.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sinking-island

Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Mikekelly - 13 October 2015 03:32 PM

Boy, I’ve read a few reviews that were not exactly glowing. I am going to wait until I have an opening in my schedule before I even consider this game - and my backlog is very solid for quite sometime. 

I’d probably just wait till they’re all out and the inevitable sale occurs like all of their games have had.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 14 October 2015 02:04 AM

Man, you are master of 180, first you use to debate why i said Tim is celebrity, (which he was and still is) until recently when you got all Pro Tim.

I can even stretch my legs at 180 degrees Tongue ,no seriously;
i never liked Tim or anything, and that never changed, but i always loved FT and thats called being fair Nomad, but there is NO black and white here, as long as he is making history, he will always have my attention.

And then you pulled 180 on KQ debate and made a thread after instant change of mood.

it wasn’t ‘change of mood’ it was seeing clearly how inappropriate jumping allover the New KQ without seeing a thing out of it, and you know what is KQ to me, so i had to go make that thread, and if you looked at it, you will see my first post where i said, i haven’t changed my opinion, i only changed my perspective.

And now you are pulling 180 on our friendship , Madvie. Tongue

this, i cant argue with you Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, first of all, Just Adventure gave sinking island a score of 100 - which is pretty amazing.

I myself believe that the game - despite being very flawed - is quite good. Character animations are terrible and they don’t move their lips while talking - so low review scores are understandable.

Also - I paid 3 dollars for the game at half price books and due to low review scores I was not expecting much. It was well worth 3 bucks and then some.

Getting back to Minecraft story mode, the reviews I read said the story was thin and predictable, the jokes not funny and the characters very one dimensional.

So - I will finish my 3 dollar game - which I am enjoying before I even think about buying a game with many negative reviews.

In future releases reviews maybe more positive and I will reconsider buying the game.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 14 October 2015 04:46 AM

1.I can even stretch my legs at 180 degrees Tongue ,no seriously;
i never liked Tim or anything, and that never changed, but i always loved FT and thats called being fair Nomad, but there is NO black and white here, as long as he is making history.

2.it wasn’t ‘change of mood’ it was seeing clearly how inappropriate jumping allover the New KQ without seeing a thing out of it, and you know what is KQ to me, so i had to go make that thread, and if you looked at it, you will see my first post where i said, i haven’t changed my opinion, i only changed my perspective.

1. By that logic , there is no black and white, as long as Minecraft is making more history and money than Tim,Doublefine and his career.

2.Jumping all over without playing Minecraft is worse than kneejerk reaction on played franchise like KQ.

Food for thought. Wink

With Minecraft they aint targeting you or Minecraft haters.
If you would buy it, that would be extra not base.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont know Nomad, i am not following you, but anyways, its good to see you stand up for what you like and believe in, Respect!, even if i am a ttg official hater Wink

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Because more reviews of the game have been posted and now several positive - I went ahead and bought a the game.

So far it is Ok - not great but cute and playable. I will buy the rest of the episodes and finish the game. While by far not my favorite Telltale game I enjoy playing it and it is kind of charming in it’s own way.

Heart

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s quite remarkable, but Minecraft episode 4 is just around the corner and the final will apparently be out at the start of 2016. I’m guessing the simple art style and story has led to a much quicker series production.

So, next year we’ll see the TWD Mini series (3 episodes), Batman then GoT S2 I guess?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Minecraft Story Mode finish is a done deal for 2016.

So is TWD Mini 3 episode series.

I don’t see any reason Batman can’t get started in 2016 with a finish in 2017.

I’ve also seen posted Game of Thrones 2 Season and TWD Third Season too - but TBD.

We’ll see, maybe they will get all 5 finished and started in 2016.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top