• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #75: The Neverhood

Total Posts: 528

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Doom - 10 November 2022 06:33 PM

I also read all Willie’s letters. My favourite is

Klaymeb, you may have already won two bricks of klay!!! Willie

So silly, cracks me up every time I read. Then again, this was parodied long before email spam became a thing if I’m not mistaken? Or was spam a thing even back in 1996?

I got my first internet connection around 1995 or 1996 and don’t remember spam being a thing with e-mail yet at that point. Spam itself was definitely a thing already in 1996 though, but it was sent to households through regular mail. My guess is that is what inspired the folks behind the Neverhood when they came up with that particular letter from Willie.

Glad to hear you’re able to play @Lady K! Who knows, maybe you’ll end up having two dominant hands as a bonus.

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Karlok - 09 November 2022 03:56 AM

@Charo: Okay, so you must have come across a radio twice. In a room and up in that little vehicle. You need to turn on the radio in the room. This puzzle is one reason I said the game has a mean streak. If you don’t feel like figuring it out yourself after your frustrating exploration, read Nico’s post #88.

I read it and note sure it helps. I don’t see any rings on the radios.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 1291

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Regrettably, I won’t be able to play this CPT. I really thought I would find the time, but it’s impossible. And it will be impossible until next year.

So I hope everybody enjoys the game, and I will play it whenever I can.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 528

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Charophycean - 11 November 2022 04:38 AM
Karlok - 09 November 2022 03:56 AM

@Charo: Okay, so you must have come across a radio twice. In a room and up in that little vehicle. You need to turn on the radio in the room. This puzzle is one reason I said the game has a mean streak. If you don’t feel like figuring it out yourself after your frustrating exploration, read Nico’s post #88.

I read it and note sure it helps. I don’t see any rings on the radios.

The rings are elsewhere. Listen for the sound clue at the radio you reach with the vehicle and try to remember if/where you’ve heard it before.

The ring in question is in one of the rooms you find yourself in early in the game, hanging from the ceiling closest to the door. Let Klaymen hang in it and the radio activates.

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Thanks, found them. But now I can’t get out of the radio room. Might have to come back to this tomorrow.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 4283

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 7466

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Careful now, don’t hurt your back, zobraks!

Let’s finish The Neverhood and learn the full story.  Cool
The last part is not hard. IMO. Apart from one tiny little thingie that is easy to miss or even to forget. Be sure to collect all the Willie tapes. And I recommend watching the ones you have at this point, like Chrissie did. You’ll get a pretty good idea of what-who-why.

Quote of the Day: Things look icky. But maybe hope. (Willie Trombone)

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

“Oh, it’s you! Hi. Go away!”

Karlok, what else does this creature say?
This game is merciless to the hearing-impaired.

mjp

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I know I also did this in your Bad Mojo CPT when we didn’t have any native English participants, but it doesn’t feel entirely right with several English speakers in this CPT. And back then I needed other people’s help (Astrid aka Pollodiablo) a few times.

Anyway, this is what I heard Mr Eye say.

I gave it the Hall of Records.

The guy goes and he.. he keeps coming back. I don’t get it. I wish he’d just go away. He’ll probably do it again.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok!

I was afraid there might be some hints in that mumbling.

mjp

Total Posts: 2096

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Veovis - 11 November 2022 04:11 AM

I got my first internet connection around 1995 or 1996 and don’t remember spam being a thing with e-mail yet at that point. Spam itself was definitely a thing already in 1996 though, but it was sent to households through regular mail. My guess is that is what inspired the folks behind the Neverhood when they came up with that particular letter from Willie.

Yes, this makes sense. It’s curious how many things typical for the Internet era originated long before it (including spam itself). There’s another one of Willie’s letter with a message that would also become a common spam/Internet meme:

Klayyyyy, Send this letter to three friends or you will fall ill. Willie Dewan

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Finished the game. I didnt have problem with puzzles with last part but i did need a hint from the in game system at a point. There are a couple of things though that may cause trouble for some. I found 2 endings, not sure if there are more. I ll post my thoughts about the game later when all have finished it.

Total Posts: 5619

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I found a dead end in the game.  Somehow I missed the clue for the “grow me” potion in the statue room.  I suspected it was on the wall, but when I tried to go back outside to the car, the door by the radio wouldn’t open, even when the inner door was closed.  Luckily, I had a save right before driving around the wall, so it didn’t take me long to redo the locations and find the path I missed

I loved the video after Klaymen’s feat of strength, but now I’m trying to get through a fast-closing door.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 November 2022 09:26 PM

I’m trying to get through a fast-closing door.

There’s one hell of a hilarious animation there:

mjp

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LadyKestrel, fortunately that is not a dead end. You have to turn the radio counterclockwise all the way to the end and the door will open.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top