• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #75: The Neverhood

Total Posts: 4282

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 04 November 2022 07:00 AM

If you need a more specific hint, just holler.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 7456

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 26 October 2022 10:14 PM

“Hello. Me Willie. Me Willie Trombone. You read this, you do good. Willie happy. 
You play Neverhood you do more good. And look out for bad. 
Willie knows, bad is always where you forget to look.”

Karlok, feel free to provide more transcripts of Willie Trombone’s narrative from the Hall of Records (the animated sequences from the clay TV set) for us stone deaf hard of hearing.

I have gathered five tapes until now.

mjp

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@zobraks:
Sure. BTW, that Quote of the Day is not on any tape. You can find it in the file readme.txt on your copy of the game.

I will post the next stopping point later this night. (Haven’t decided yet, the game gets a bit more non-linear.) The tapes will take a little longer. Tomorrow or this weekend.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Take your time.

I actually played the game today and solved some puzzles. It was a break from typing nonsense from the Hall of Records. Foot in mouth

mjp

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hey, look what I found!

Karlok, you’re saved now. Smile

mjp

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sometimes Google is your friend.  Cool

Okay, it’s Saturday in my part of the world. High time to continue exploring The Neverhood. Stop playing when you meet a mouse and his beloved cheese.

Quote of the Day: M-my, this baby packs a wallop.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’m awake and ready for some more adventuring, but I still haven’t solved all the bolts in the cave. As I already said, I’ll stick to the rear of the marching column of this playthrough. If there is a game to be savoured - it’s The Neverhood.

mjp

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

While walking yesterday, I tripped and broke my upper right humerus just below the shoulder.  Since I’m right handed, this is going to make game playing difficult for a while, at least until the pain subsides.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Get well soon, Lady K.

mjp

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, Z!

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

That must be very uncomfortable, LadyKestrel, especially at our age. I hope they gave you some good painkillers for the first few weeks. Stay strong!

It’s awfully quiet in here. No time to play? Stuck, puzzles harder? I thought a week would be enough, so we would start the final part of the game this Saturday. But of course if people need more time, no problem.

Here’s my own experience. The game gets harder in the sense that you have to pay close attention to connections in a growing number of different areas. I clearly remembered several puzzles from my first playthrough almost 20 years ago and was looking forward to replaying them. To my surpise I had forgotten the correct solutions and got stuck again. Even needed a hint for one of them. Shifty Eyed

My favorite puzzle is the radio (so much fun to listen to everything) and my least favorite one the symbols you have to write down and enter in some terminal to open a door. The twist is clever (I’ll give you that, Mr TenNapel) but it’s a mean little puzzle and it took me ages and some saving/restoring to figure it out. I’m curious to know how other people feel about this one.

I love The Neverhood Theme, played during the credits. Always makes me smile. Listened to it 3 times already. 

K K K K Klaymen
K K K K Klogg
Ho Ho Ho Ho Hoborg
Big Robot Bil is odd

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It was overcast yesterday, and it started to look like a real (nasty) autumn, but today it is sunny and pleasantly warm again, so… no staying home for me. Smile

And I still have to tackle Hoborg and Arven in the Hall of Records.

Karlok - 07 November 2022 07:25 AM

I clearly remembered several puzzles from my first playthrough almost 20 years ago and was looking forward to replaying them. To my surpise I had forgotten the correct solutions and got stuck again.

Ditto. Laughing

mjp

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

@Lady Kestrel, you must be in a lot of pain at the mo so hope you feel better soon.

………….The game gets harder in the sense that you have to pay close attention to connections in a growing number of different areas.

Yes, I actually got to the stopping point on Saturday but have been dabbling since to try & make sure I hadn’t missed anything!

I did need bit of a nudge to complete the ’steps’ puzzle as I failed to connect the sound to that of the bell in Klayman’s flytrap room
The other nudges I needed were how to get through the door in the pink room, thinking that I need something to weigh down the pressure plate & (I could kick myself for this one as it’s so obvious) the sequence of colours to activate the shrinking machine.

My favorite puzzle is the radio (so much fun to listen to everything)………

I never thought (shame on me) to listen to all of the radio stations which I’ve just caught up with on YT.

……… and my least favorite one the symbols you have to write down and enter in some terminal to open a door. The twist is clever (I’ll give you that, Mr TenNapel) but it’s a mean little puzzle and it took me ages and some saving/restoring to figure it out. I’m curious to know how other people feel about this one.[/spoiler]

I didn’t mind that puzzle except that I’d made drawings of the symbols & then had to go back & repeat it as I couldn’t, due to my sloppy work, decipher the last 4 symbols!

I’m not sure I could pick out a favourite puzzle because I enjoyed just about everything in this second section but I found the shrinking machine & potion mixing a lot of fun although I did want to go through that little doorway underneath ‘BOBBY’ but obviously couldn’t! I did though, again due to sloppy drawing on my part the first time, have to go back to find the reference for the potion amounts.

As I did finish this section with 14 tapes I did play through the first 11 to read Willie’s story so far. It does now, for me, make reading some of the stuff in the Hall of Records more appealing.

I did jump into the drain to see what happened but I did save first!

When I first used the cannon I thought wrongly that inputting the first 3 symbol was what triggered it & before leaving the game at the stopping point I went back to the cannon to input the second 3 symbols but didn’t notice the cannon doing anything on firing it.
I did though, back in the area with the mouse house find another path with a dangling teddy & another puzzle which I couldn’t fathom out so haven’t made progress there

I’ve find the animation in the game excellent but my favourite so far is Klayman running up the steps!

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I played for an hour yesterday, and i think i solved just one puzzle. Going around in the vehicle on the walls is very tedious, and didnt find anything usefull so far. Need to understand what the panel with button you change symbols does. Generally didnt have that much fun yesterday with puzzles. Also need to find the combination for the cannon. I have found only half of it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top