• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

1999 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 1999 Adventure Game of the Year is?
Total Votes: 58
Amerzone
Atlantis 2: Beyond Atlantis
Déjà Vu: A Nightmare Comes True
Discworld Noir
Faust: Seven Games of the Soul
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
Reah
Rent-A-Hero
Ring 1: The Legend of the Nibelungen
Traitors Gate
Zero Critical
Your unlisted favorite

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

For me, this one is really between GK3 and Discworld Noir. While I love GK3 (had no problems with the interface at all and thought it was the perfect interface for a 3D point and click), the cat hair moustache puzzle is why I finally gave the edge to Discworld Noir. I love film noir and I love Discworld, so to me this was a perfect combination.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Faust: Seven games of the Soul

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

crabapple - 13 January 2016 01:00 PM

It makes sense to me.

Spoken like someone who, himself, may have used a fake ID to acquire an alcoholic libation during his early college years. Myself? My hair started turning grey when I was a sophomore in High School. By the time I hit college nobody thought I was a teenager.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

rtrooney - 13 January 2016 10:14 PM
crabapple - 13 January 2016 01:00 PM

It makes sense to me.

Spoken like someone who, himself, may have used a fake ID to acquire an alcoholic libation during his early college years.

Nope, but I knew people who did, including a girl who altered the date on her own drivers license in order to do her bar hopping (I actually saw her do it). Did you really never have any classmates who boasted of their bar hopping adventures while waiting for class to start?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

crabapple - 14 January 2016 11:45 AM

Did you really never have any classmates who boasted of their bar hopping adventures while waiting for class to start?

Of course I did! I went to Notre Dame. Bar hopping was part of the curriculum. Laughing

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2006-02-23

PM

The only reason Discworld Noir does not get my vote is called GK3.

Total Posts: 5618

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played 4 of the games in this poll.  Beyond Atlantis gets my vote for its varied worlds and fun puzzles. Amerzone is not far behind.  I also liked the whimsey of PhysicusTraitors Gate is at the bottom for me because of the timed elements, but I did enjoy visiting the Tower of London again.  (Slogging through the sewers I could have done without.)

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 January 2016 09:03 PM

[Traitors Gate is at the bottom for me because of the timed elements, but I did enjoy visiting the Tower of London again.  (Slogging through the sewers I could have done without.)

Hard to understand that logic. Traitors Gate was a timed game from start to finish. There were no “timed elements.” You had 24 hours to complete the game. I didn’t vote it #1, but I found very exciting.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5618

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If you didn’t get the gas hooked up in time, you got caught, as I did numerous times until I got it right.  I also remember the guards catching me frequently when I misfired the grappling hook or the ice dart or when I walked unknowingly into a room where they were.  Also, scrolling through that cumbersome inventory was a bit of a pain.  I didn’t dislike the game, it’s just not my favorite of the 4 I played from this year.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Understand. OK, there were timed elements within a timed game. I also agree that the sewer maze puzzle was not my favorite. But, even though I didn’t vote for it as number one, I still think it is the best real-time game ever.

Theater tour? You’ll have to open a thread somewhere, and tell us all about it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top