• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wow, both matches are utter crap.
Costa Rica doesn’t care. Sturridge is the only one who occasionally tries something for England.
Italy is being Italy again and aiming for 0-0.
And Uruguay are so stupid they assign one of their STAR STRIKERS to keep Pirlo out of the match. Keeping Pirlo out of the match is key in beating Italy, but it can’t be at the cost of a striker. Especially if you need to win… Shifty Eyed

UPtimist - 24 June 2014 08:48 AM

The commentator just said that when Rafa Marquez was originally chosen to the Mexican national team, in the 90’s, the coach had actually meant to call a different Marquez from the same team. Then when he came to the camp, the coach was just confused as he’d never even seen this guy. But the coach decided to try him out anyways. And “the rest is history”.

A lot of things depend on coincidences. Our team’s revelation this World Cup has been Divock Origi, who wouldn’t even have been called up if Benteke hadn’t been injured. When Wilmots announced his squad, most in Belgium had never even heard of Origi…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I agree, boring game so far. Italy just holding it.
Red card for Marchisio, Maybe that will spice up the game a bit. Harsh red…

Edit: Suarez and Chielinni both flopping like crazy! Hilarious! Smile

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Can someone break Suarez’ leg?
What an annoying little piece of shit!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

subbi - 24 June 2014 01:39 PM

Can someone break Suarez’ leg?
What an annoying little piece of shit!

Smile yeah, he was biting again… Crazy guy!

Uruguay goal. Another Europe may be on the way home

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 24 June 2014 01:44 PM

Smile yeah, he was biting again… Crazy guy!

At his best, he’s one of the world’s greatest strikers, at his worst, he’s batshit crazy and makes Balotelli seem like Miroslav Klose… Gasp

He’s bitten an opponent while at PSV, while at Liverpool, and now here. Nutcase…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hellllllllllll YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

In last 5 minutes, my heart was racing like dead whore.

Italy players were so typically full of shitty foul and dreadfful play that defender was nuisance and Suarez was right to snap out.

Thanks Uru and Suarez for kicking both England and Italy out.

They have delivered now they can lose or win, Suarez gets ban , don’t matter.

Obligatory

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Someone put a muzzle on Suarez.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 24 June 2014 02:25 PM

And what about this wrestling in penalty area, this same guy in the right corner
grabbed Cavana like idiot and penalty was robbed.

Soccer has turned into random foul play from referee themselves.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

PSV

Liverpool

Today

Can FIFA suspend him from the TV images? There have been a few agressions in the tournament that only the cameras caught (Diego Costa; Beckerman) but I don’t think anyone has been suspended.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@wiico

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

^ These are brilliant! Grin

I hope they give him a severe ban based on the images. About a year seems fair. It’s his third strike after all…
Disgraceful!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 24 June 2014 02:38 PM
SoccerDude28 - 24 June 2014 02:25 PM

And what about this wrestling in penalty area, this same guy in the right corner
grabbed Cavana like idiot and penalty was robbed.

Soccer has turned into random foul play from referee themselves.

Players shove each other n penalty area all the time. Doesn’t justify biting someone like a mad dog.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Japan was performing like their game industry untill last seconds of extra time,
Shinji[s]mikami[/s]Okazaki slammed in.

edit:

BREAKING! Cesare Prandelli & President of the Italian Football Federation, Giancarlo Abete both resign from their positions.

Muhahahaha

Take that.

Edit 2:

Over for Japan, they need goal target practice or don’t bother next time.

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Is that Twitter account legit? When the game was over, I found Suarez not as happy as the other players. As if he already realized he will probably be banned. This tweet basically says “please ban me”.

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Oh no, another undeserved penalty. This time screwing Ivory Coast. Time for a video referee, FIFA.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top