• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

“We’re gonna need a bigger boat!”

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Grin Suarez cheering up the world cup

Today: Go Nigeria!!!!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nigeria almost got them lol, they definitely deserve to be in Next round.

Its again more limelight on Messi where Musa performed as good, his first goal kick was
more tough. On Messi’s second goal, i was wtf on Nigeria’s goalie, too casual.

edit:

Things looking grim for Suarez Grin

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarez-bite-liverpool-not-3757398?

He got banned last year for same offense maybe its some Ritual he has to commit each year.
or OCD.

edit:

Hahaha that wrong red card call, poor Valencia, Ecuador chances are super slim now, Swiss are coming through.

Boring matches.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 02:20 PM

edit:

Hahaha that wrong red card call, poor Valencia, Ecuador chances are super slim now, Swiss are coming through.

Second one of the game. After 10 minutes, France should have gotten a red card, and now Ecuador gets one they don’t deserve.
Once again proof that they need to use instant video replay for key decisions…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Second one of the game. After 10 minutes, France should have gotten a red card, and now Ecuador gets one they don’t deserve.

I don’t know why thats difficult to implement, Cricket has 3rd Umpire, calling shots from
Video room, scrutinizing instant replays.

edit:

Wow Shaqiri hatrick…gonna make headlines.Thumbs Up

French are so boring , its their B team Thumbs Up 

Edit2:

hahahaha missed this one, epic

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 05:28 PM

I don’t know why thats difficult to implement, Cricket has 3rd Umpire, calling shots from

So does rugby, ice hockey, field hockey and several other sports.

Not football, though. It would make it too hard for FIFA to fix matches…
Blame Platini and Blatter.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 25 June 2014 05:57 PM
nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 05:28 PM

So does rugby, ice hockey, field hockey and several other sports.

Not football, though. It would make it too hard for FIFA to fix matches…
Blame Platini and Blatter.

Even the NBA has video review now in the last minutes…

Didn’t see any match today but France-Nigeria and Argentina-Switzerland don’t sound very interesting matches for the next round but at least an african team made it to the next round (maybe Algeria also tomorrow).

Just noticed this:

Basically south american teams, except for Argentina thats in the other side of bracket, are going to destroy each other.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah it sucks that these teams play enough matches together in their continent and gonna miss fighting other teams from around the globe.

SouthAmericans cannibalism.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 06:22 PM

Enough with the Suarez jokes already… Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So that tendency i was talking about

Messi will have easy trip to Finals After Swiss, Belgium or USA.

Thats Easy mode on

Edit:

Guessing the FIFA script, Semifinalists will be

Nederland, France/Germany, Messi and Neymar.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 25 June 2014 05:20 PM
nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 02:20 PM

edit:

The British commentators on ESPN were pretty adamant that it should be a red card before it was given. If he hadn’t given it,  they would probably be up in arms saying how the ref screwed up. I guess refs face a situation where they are screwed if you do and screwed if you don’t. The problem with fouls is that it is very subjective what constitutes a red card, what constitutes a yellow card, and what constitutes no card. In this case, the studs were clearly up and FIFA rules are to give a red card for these types of fouls.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 25 June 2014 06:24 PM
nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 06:22 PM

Enough with the Suarez jokes already… Grin

Never gets old.  Laughing

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Uruguay’s President argument destroys and shits on haters Grin

“We didn’t choose him to be a philosopher, or a mechanic, or to have good manners – he’s a great player,”
“I didn’t see him bite anyone. But they sure can bash each other with kicks and chops.”

“In football, I was taught that you obey what the referee says,”
“If we’re going to take decisions in football based on what TV says, then there are loads of penalties and handballs you’d have to give that weren’t given, so bad luck.”

What i said and its true.

Captain

“It’s clear that Uruguay’s triumph doesn’t make you happy, it’s obvious on your face,.
“I understand that the figure of Suárez sells because he’s very charismatic ... I’m calm because I know that Luis will pick himself up and is going to have success in the World Cup. That’s what people fear. They’re right to fear that.”

Laughing

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Stuff is getting serious, I see Suarez causing political incidents Smile

Uruguay-Greece in the last match for the ultimate troll final Grin

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 06:51 PM

Messi will have easy trip to Finals After Swiss, Belgium.

Pan Pan Pan

One does not simply score against Thibaut Courtois.  Cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top