• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 68: Yoomurjak’s Ring

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Grin

zobraks, you are like an extra spice and that makes everything twice as funny.

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Yes, I’m entertaining as enema cinema. Thank you.

Btw, did you find that model of Eger? Is it accessible all the time?

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Each time I visit the noble city of Eger I find something interesting. In my latest walk I bumped into a place where you can shop for all kinds of (latest) viruses:

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I had an issue with the audio, it would play a never-ending loop of (what turned out to be) intro credit music. Tried a couple of things, turns out I just need to let the opening credits play without interruption.

Walking around Eger again, pleasantly surprised by the music in the background.

I met a woman stirring a bloody mary while staring into the void.

Also found the Camera Obscura. Reminded me of playing Riven!

edit: Haha, nice find. I really like these odd establishments all around Eger, but I haven’t found the City Model yet.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Vegetable Party - 21 September 2021 08:10 AM

Also found the Camera Obscura. Reminded me of playing Riven!

And the CO reminded me of an episode of Midsomer Murders (one of my favo(u)rite TV shows).

I haven’t found the City Model yet.

Me neither. I suspect it’s somewhere in those bushes surrounding the main square:

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

zobraks - 21 September 2021 08:16 AM

And the CO reminded me of an episode of Midsomer Murders (one of my favo(u)rite TV shows).

That’s one of the pre-Neil Dudgeon episodes. What do you think about the show switching Tom for John Barnaby?

In Eger, I found a huge building in radiating orange that Jonathan wants to inspect, but doesn’t (yet).

I also came across this cute shop(pe) called “Jeans House”. It has one of those classic ye olde store signs, but with a pair of jeans.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Nice finds.

Regarding the huge building, I noticed the same as you: there’s something to be done about it, but apparently not yet, at least not from the same position.

The city is swarming with hot spots, mind you.
Too bad I’m “pixel hunting-challenged” person: in every adventure game I have played there was at least one important room/passage/object I failed to notice. Embarassed

Vegetable Party - 21 September 2021 10:11 AM
zobraks - 21 September 2021 08:16 AM

That’s one of the pre-Neil Dudgeon episodes. What do you think about the show switching Tom for John Barnaby?

John Barnaby is OK, but I grew attached to his uncle, Tom, and Gavin Troy (although all the sidekick-colleagues of both detectives were good).
John Nettles and Daniel Casey were the best duo for me.

Btw, here in Serbia the episodes of Midsomer Murders were broadcast on Saturday, around five p.m. Those afternoons are otherwise the most boring parts of the week for me, and the series made them not only bearable but delightful. Smile

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice! Smile

I think you could base a pretty solid adventure game on the show, based on the pace, characters and atmosphere. I feel the same about Rosemary & Thyme. Lots of dialogue trees for all the gossip. Beautiful scenes in the English countryside. Tea and biscuits.

Warning for vampires considering visiting Eger/playing the game: I just walked past this huge crucifix, randomly wedged between two buildings in a retail district.

Alright, who got us this far off-topic?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Vegetable Party - 21 September 2021 04:20 PM

Warning for vampires considering visiting Eger/playing the game: I just walked past this huge crucifix, randomly wedged between two buildings in a retail district.

The Wine Cellar location was also completely filled with those hanging garlic wreaths. Trying to keep time traveling vampires at bay, I bet.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 1352

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Good to see progress happening and some real puzzles encountered… personally I got really hung up on the whole mercury thing. I immediately thought of that barometer/thermometer thing in Gardonyi’s house and spent ages trying to do something with it, before realising that It was just a marker in a larger puzzle…

I had said that we’d start section 2 (Day 3) today how are we feeling about that?  Looks like a few are there or thereabouts but we haven’t heard in from everyone yet, so I’m not sure whether to give it until Friday…

Please do let me know if you’d like a couple more days, or are keen to press on. Don’t want to leave people hanging, but also don’t want to leave people behind.

I had an issue with the audio, it would play a never-ending loop of (what turned out to be) intro credit music. Tried a couple of things, turns out I just need to let the opening credits play without interruption.

Yeah I got that pretty consistently, it’s just the Microids splash screen that needs to be left to do its thing.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

As far as can be seen Millenia and myself did the homework. VP is taking long walks around the city and either couldn’t be bothered with puzzles or keeps the knowledge about them for himself. Chrissy is too busy playing to comment the progress and Nico2021 is MIA.

Intense Degree, you’re the greatest mystery of this thread. Wink

While you’re here: Is that (bloody!) model of the city of Eger needed for solving some puzzle in the days to come, or just a trivia we can afford not to find and observe?

mjp

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Laughing Yes, I’m busy playing but I will finish by the end of today so no more time needed for me. I’m finding the game just as difficult as I did the first time I played & I’m just about to tackle the
mercury puzzle Gasp

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Just be prepared for some pixel hunting. Confused

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Correct. I’m looking for the model of the city, another cute store and the Eger minaret.

I’m trying to run into puzzles as well, but they remain elusive.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top