• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 68: Yoomurjak’s Ring

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

millenia - 03 October 2021 05:53 PM

Jonathan was wonderfully silly while stealing the keys.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Where have you gone Intense Degree? After a draughty weekend Sir William is waiting for permission to pull up his panties.  Smile

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I wanted to catch up and say: cowboy Jon just woke up on day 4.

I made some progress, but the past fifteen minutes have been spent aimlessly wandering around in a museum. For about five to ten minutes, there was a method to my madness, but to call the past five loosely coordinated would be overly generous.

I’m lost is what I’m saying.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Vegetable Party - 04 October 2021 03:49 PM

I made some progress, but the past fifteen minutes have been spent wandering aimlessly around a museum.

Read the Hints for gameplay!

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Ah, thanks!

How did I miss it.. I need a pick-me-up.

By the way:

The game has a lot of beautiful paintings on display, but we finally get some cool historical fashion as well. Check out those embellishments.

Total Posts: 1352

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hey all, so sorry for the disappearing act, I’ve had a nightmare at work with some 11/12 hour days which has taken up pretty much all my time. However, section 3 (day 4) begins below and I should be “back in the game” from now on.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Section 3 – Day 4

More baths, Heraldry and Boldogi

OK, things really started to hot up on day 3. Whether it was minarets, gravestones or baths, Turkish was the order of the day. I can only hope they capped it off with a kebab in the evening. Wink

Jonathan visited the castle, had a less than ideal first meeting with a prospective father in law, had a go at being Indiana Jones (…sort of…) and proved himself just as much of a thief as any true Adventure Game hero!

Maybe we didn’t quite locate the ring itself but some of the pieces of the puzzle are beginning to look like they might fit into… something. At the least we should have found all 5 of Yoomurjak’s messages.

This morning Jonathan is feeling a little the worse for wear after an eventful night and a nightmare that Gabriel Knight would be proud of. We also have something to go on in the shape of a name – my favourite name in the whole game – Boldogi! So let’s get out there and find out who or what that is and what it’s got to do with… well, anything.

So far, pretty much everyone we have come across has loved Jonathan, or at least been helpful. Today we’ll meet someone who… well, doesn’t exactly take to him straight away. Smile

Fair Warning

Lots of people have commented on a lack of direction during Day 3 and I definitely felt like that myself when playing through. I had to admit grudgingly that the clues were there afterwards but really I could have done with some more help on what to do next…

Day 4 is better in this regard (or I found it so anyway). However the puzzles are not going to get any easier and we are going to come up against a seriously involved puzzle later on in the day. Some of you may love it, others may get that sinking feeling at the scope of it. Let me try and encourage you, if it all seems too much, take a break and take on the puzzle head on in a new play session. Doing that helped me no end.

I’m not going to tell you how to play or whether or not you should be using a walkthrough – that’s a matter of personal taste – but I will respectfully remind you that you can come here and ask for help, guidance or pointers. We can do this together!

Day 4 is sort of shorter than Days 2 and 3 I think, but that depends on how much time you spend “puzzling”.

Lets say Section 5 will start on Monday 11 October. It will be the final section and begins, as usual, when you wake up on Day 5.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Welcome back!

Intense Degree - 04 October 2021 05:33 PM

Boldogi!

Hmmmm… Sounds like “bulldog,” doesn’t it?

mjp

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

zobraks - 04 October 2021 06:35 PM

Welcome back!

Thanks!

zobraks - 04 October 2021 06:35 PM

Boldogi!

Hmmmm… Sounds like “bulldog,” doesn’t it?

Perhaps when you or I say it, but it turns out than when Hungarians say it (maybe one wet one in particular) it sounds incredible! Laughing

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Indiana Jones indeed!

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

we are going to come up against a seriously involved puzzle later on in the day. Some of you may love it, others may get that sinking feeling at the scope of it.

I’m already at it - because (shame on me) I started playing this part of the playthrough before we were given a green light (I just couldn’t resist!!!) - and I love it and hate it at the same time. I would like to draw the bloody coat of arms as soon as possible, so I keep pasting various components of it more or less randomly like a monkey, without thoroughly reading the literature the librarian gave me, however each time I gain patience and start reading the rules of heraldry again I get a new piece of the puzzle.

I may be the first person in the world to try to solve the coat of arms puzzle by using Google Translate for deciphering the poem found on the wall of PB’s house. I’m so stupid that I didn’t realise that when Jonathan said that we would write down each and every word of the poem - he actually did it! I looked for the paper with the text of the poem in Inventory, and it wasn’t there, so I thought there was some kind of bug and I went on by typing the Hungarian text, line by line, in Google Translate. It was only when I translated the whole poem that I checked the Notes and found the game’s translation.
However, my mistake may well turn out to be a blessing in disguise, since I’ve found more explicit clues to the elements of Boldogi coat of arms in Google’s translation. On the other hand, it amplifies the confusion since now I’m not sure which charges feature on the escutcheon - as far as I know there should be a rampant lion with a sword, a (couple of) barrel(s) and a tent - and what are their positions.
I’ll take a break and read some more.

At least the puzzle execution (and I reckon it was much more complicated for programming than the crossed lines puzzle in Day 2) seems to be flawless.

I will respectfully remind you that you can come here and ask for help, guidance or pointers. We can do this together!

I know I can count on you (all), and that’s a relief, but first I’ll try to tackle the puzzle on my own. I would be proud to do so without a hint or walkthough. Cool

mjp

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Intense Degree’s Hungarian Cultural Corner

No document corner this week. Instead we’re going to take a quick dip into Hungarian culture.

Before I played this game my knowledge of Hungarian culture was absolutely tiny. I have Romanian friends who speak Hungarian fluently, but I don’t know any Hungarians personally. Spending 5 days in the wonderful city of Eger has certainly increased my knowledge and, for the most part, you don’t need any “background” knowledge going into the game.

Except on one point. Something I wish I had known before I got to the relevant part of the game…

Hungarian Music

I don’t know what comes into your mind when you think of Hungarian music? Hungarian folk music perhaps? Or if you’re classically minded maybe the incredible romantic pianist and composer Franz Liszt, or perhaps the more dissonant and rhythmical 20th Century classical music of Bartók and Kodály?

What certainly didn’t come into my mind is Hungarian Rap music! Prepare to have a gap in your knowledge filled as we look at one particular artist, the one, the only… Ganxsta Zolee!

The original Hungarian bad boy, Ganxsta Zolee has been putting out solid gold hits since the 90’s. You can keep your Dre, Jay-Z and Eminem, even your Tupac and Biggy, Ganxsta Zolee is the ultimate bad boy rapper, more of a one man phenomenon than just an artist!

Gents, try not to be jealous as you see the alpha male you wish you could be, and Ladies try to resist the urge to throw your underwear at the stage, as we have a look at this legend in action from a live show in 2019!

Why on earth am I telling you this?

Two main reasons:

First, you don’t mess with Ganxsta Zolee, or you’re going down. Hard!

Second – because he is an actor in this game and ignorance of Ganxsta Zolee is no excuse!

We’re going to meet him probably on Day 5, but maybe during Day 4 (I think) depending on what you do. And when you meet his character you should know exactly what you’re up against…!

If you remember the banner for this game (check the first post of this thread) he is one of the four characters shown.

(Apologies to anyone I have sent down a Hungarian Rap internet rabbit hole! - looking at you Vegetable Party! Wink)

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I see he quashed the old east bloc west bloc beef that’s been going on since the end of the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact. On his chest.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Intense Degree - 05 October 2021 08:03 AM

Ganxsta Zolee!

He’d look great in a Woody Allen movie. Tongue

mjp

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Glad you’re okay Intense Degree - it’s a worry when someone goes AWOL in these times.

Intense Degree - 05 October 2021 08:03 AM

………Ganxsta Zolee is the ultimate bad boy rapper, more of a one man phenomenon than just an artist!
Gents, try not to be jealous as you see the alpha male you wish you could be, and Ladies try to resist the urge to throw your underwear at the stage, as we have a look at this legend in action from a live show in 2019!

I loved the rap version of The Good, Bad & the Ugly theme & Ganxsta is a tad more appealing on stage than in the photo you posted. But based on that he falls into the category of a male that I would least like to throw my underwear at - he oozes not my kind of wrong attitude Thumbs Up 

I’ve also got to the Heraldry puzzle & have backed off for a while to give myself more time to concentrate on the reading. At this point I thought it would be far more interesting to solve if the clues weren’t embedded in long-winded descriptions that so far are boring me to tears as opposed to being a little more selective But I could change my mind on pursuing it further.

I’ve enjoyed this chapter a lot up to that point but I did wonder how much less Juli had to do to not be busy when she was twiddling with a pen & ‘day-dreaming’ when she was?  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top