• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 68: Yoomurjak’s Ring

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Intense Degree - 23 September 2021 01:37 PM

And I not even going to try and run the name of this place through google translate!

Herbal drugstore.

No, I don’t speak Hungarian but I suspected “drogéria” had something to do with drugs and wanted to test my suspicions Laughing

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The picture on the top left makes it look like a different kind of place.  Laughing

After finding the first location & buying a few things I looked around from the top of the minaret.
What was noticeable more than anything was that the quality of the scenes were superior to the rest of the game so I guess they were photos as opposed to video footage of the city. They were certainly a very enjoyable series of vistas of the town of Eger.

One of the things in this game I keep (kept) forgetting to do is/was to always try to talk to people twice so after buying the souvenirs I vaguely remember what I needed to do after going to the top of the minaret ……but it didn’t work until I’d spoken to the attendant again who pointed to the info board

I knew I had to solve the puzzle in Mihaly’s house to locate the cellar because I had a recollection of doing that before otherwise I’m not sure that I would have thought to do that - or is it obvious?
Anyway, I found that puzzle much easier this time.

Forgetting to talk twice to a character also held me up after meeting Aunt Marika Awful woman (only kidding!) - she just let me fumble around aimlessly until I thought to talk to her again so I could enter the cellar  Laughing 

Despite having some musical training, I just couldn’t get the sequence on the keypad right & discovered that after so many goes Jonathan states the answer. It’s worth persisting with getting that wrong to see the subsequent reactions of the young boy each time! Another amusement for me was the demeanour of the Turkish bath attendant.

I had absolutely no memory of the last part of the day except for the very colourful scene in the castle. I’m not sure how forgiving my father would have been!

I’ve definitely got more of a grip on the story this time & perhaps it is a game that needs to be played twice?

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

chrissie - 25 September 2021 07:08 AM

The picture on the top left makes it look like a different kind of place.  Laughing

It’s either a place to get biological scrubs and chamomile tea or a weed dispensary that sells 90s softcore erotica on the side.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll opt for the weed dispensary with the offer to join a yacht club with benefits   Smile

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

The game crashed when Jon entered the minaret for the second time. To make matters worse, the same happens when I try to continue my game.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

That’s annoying. You could possibly try posting in the Steam discussion forum (even if you didn’t buy it from there). The developers seemed to have been helpful.

Total Posts: 536

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Howdy folks!

Noticing this thread I decided it was time to replay Yoomurjak’s Ring, even though I didn’t take part in the voting process this time. Played the game around the time it was released with English text but don’t remember much about it. I recall finding the story pretty incomprehensible, but like chrissie (I think it was) that may have been because I got so frustrated with the game half-way through that I more or less clicked myself through the last half with a walkthrough beside me.

Having just reached day four I can understand what frustrated me the first time around. The open world structure sometimes works against the game. There are some serious pixel hunting problems and quite a few moments of possible stuckness with no feedback from the game as to what are expected of the player to move things forward. And a few puzzles, while good in theory, are just poorly implemented. The one involving drawing lines on that museum brochure possibly being the worst offender so far.

The difference this time is that I actually play two versions of the game in parallel! I have both the PC and iOS versions of Yoomurjak. There is no spoken dialog in the iOS version and the movies are shown through a couple of stills per second. But all hotspots are visible all the time, making all the difference for me with this game! And the bad puzzles in the PC version work much better in the iOS version too. it’s actually a surprisingly good port of the PC game.

So I basically play the PC version until reaching that feeling of complete stuckness, then quickly play through the same part on the iPad, quickly understanding what I have missed.

The best of two worlds would of course be the PC version with a hotspot reveal option and better programmed puzzles.

Playing Yoomurjak this way I’m enjoying the game very much! Not sure I have the patience to wait another week before continuing though, but maybe I’ll make a few comments when the playthrough is over.

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Veovis, you hit the nail on the head with your comments.

I wish I had the iOS version of the game when (at the beginning of the Day 3) I spent two hours traipsing through the city, looking for a person or an object that would move the things forward, only to realise that the right stuff was in the very same spot where my wild goose chase had started.

Veovis - 26 September 2021 12:23 PM

The best of two worlds would of course be the PC version with a hotspot reveal option and better programmed puzzles.

I hope someone from the Private Moon Studios is reading this and taking it into consideration.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’ve decided to start over. Just breezed through the first day and a half.

There’s such a stark difference between the Klára Bakonyi you get when you strike up a conversation and the void gazing woman infinitely nursing a bloody mary at the bar.

edit: ..day 3! Again!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

So far…

mjp

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

zobraks, the bird who has been flipping us the bird, has been flipped the bird.

Thumbs Up on the new signature as well.  Cool

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I had it coming: “He who lives by the bird…”

mjp

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

My day 3 had a rough start. After the clip with the picture hammering, I tried looking at what picture it was that they hung, and I didn’t see a hotspot. So I went outside. And went too every damn location there was, trying to trigger something, until coming back to the hotel, and realising that I had to move two steps back, and then there is infact a hotspot on the pictures. Whyyyyy? It’s not even closer to the pictures, makes no sense that the hotspot disappears.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Ok, a tough sound puzzle without any help. Eep. Well, at least the game will offer you the solution eventually. But this puzzle doesn’t make any sense. The kid is funny at least.

Vegetable Party - 24 September 2021 02:10 PM

Speaking of models: is Jonathan the most attractive man in Hungary? Or Eger, at least?

All these smiles and glances, people that instantly want to befriend or adopt him: his charisma is off the charts.

I guess Jonathan does have charm. He is quite a gentleman and has a friendly face. I might be swooning just a bit myself.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top