• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I replayed from the beginning of Chapter 4, and end up in the same place.

This is what I see through the windshield. Despite a left-to-right range of about 30 degrees with the grapnel as aiming device, when I pull the trigger, the grapnel will only fire straight ahead

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

There is not much room for maneuver, it is just ahead.

A small gif shows you exactly where it is.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 4289

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Here’s the target:

link

Edit: Tenebra, that’s a nice film, but it’s a spoiler.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

There is no way to put an image/gif inside a spoiler tag. But yes, it is a spoiler.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I know, I’m also sorry we cannot put pictures in spoiler tags.
But you posted a link to a gif image, and that’s a way to go.

mjp

Total Posts: 533

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

rtrooney - 26 July 2022 03:30 PM

I replayed from the beginning of Chapter 4, and end up in the same place.

This is what I see through the windshield. Despite a left-to-right range of about 30 degrees with the grapnel as aiming device, when I pull the trigger, the grapnel will only fire straight ahead

If you actively disregard my posts, this will not help you either. But in case you indeed can and want to read this: again, aim at the cliffs on right side of the river, to the darker grey area, click on that area with the grapnel hook icon, let go of the mouse button, click on the controls for the grapnel, hopefully it will take you to the next position. If not; try again with a slightly different positioning of the grapnel icon. Ignore that tempting large rock ahead of you, regardless of those distances haven’t been a problem before… Yes, it’s a really badly designed part of the game. This game is full of those moments though and to me it has become kind of part of the experience to expect and deal with them.

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The grappling hook cursor is so much nicer than the green circle I get with the Mac version, although not as helpful.

I just had a very interesting experience.  I was playing the last chapter when the phone rang.  It was the a guy from the crawlspace company I use, and I told him to hold on a minute while I quit out of the game I’m playing.  When he asked what game and I told him, I expected the normal “oh, that’s nice” reaction.  It turns out he used to play p & c adventure games and recognized Sokol’s name because of Syberia.  I told him to stop by here at AG if he has a chance, and he said he would.

Veovis,
Ten and Z. posted links which seem to be different than your description.

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Lady Kestrel - 26 July 2022 05:25 PM

Veovis,Ten and Z. posted links which seem to be different than your description.

Ah, please indeed disregard my post then. I could have sworn that was the scene where I tried too many times to get the grapnel hook gripping on to that rock in the distance, only to finally realize the game expected me to aim at the cliffside to the right…

Maybe the difficulty of this part has something to do with using the dgvoodoo tool? The game really runs beautifully with it.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

@ T, Z & V

Thank you for the link/gif. I will try it tonight. I hope it works. (No reason it shouldn’t.) I’m really tired of trying to get past this point. This aggravation is certainly something I think I would remember, but I have no recollection of it.

@Veovis The game I’m running is the straight out of the box version I dl’d from GOG. No bells. No whistles. I have no clue why the right-cliff works on your game. But I can guarantee that there is no right-cliff pixel that hasn’t been targeted. All without success. I’m hoping the left-cliff target will yield success. I can’t put into words how tired I am of trying to get past this point. Hopefully I will report success tomorrow, if not later this evening.

Again, Thanks to everyone.

Edit: And thanks to Lady K for removing the second image. What did I do wrong? I used to upload images frequently. AGSOTD, Casual Game Thread reviews, Casual Game playthroughs, etc., so I knew how to do it before.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

rtrooney - 26 July 2022 06:26 PM

What did I do wrong?

It was simply in your post twice. Two sets of img tags.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, Immortals of Aveum, Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2, Lies of P, Harold Halibut, Another Crab’s Treasure, Botany Manor
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum. Broken Sword: Reforged CE

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Much to my dismay, the grapnel will only go straight. I do not know why this should be the case, but it is. So it appears my way forward is gone.

The only way I can see moving forward is via somebody sending me a saved game from some point immediately after this scene.

And I don’t know whether saved games can be copied.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Forget what I said. I gave it one more try, and managed to hit the right pixel. I’m now at the start of Chapter 5. I am truly not going to press my luck. Will try the next phase when I can. Just elated to be done with C4.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 26 July 2022 05:25 PM

I was playing the last chapter when the phone rang.  It was the a guy from the crawlspace company I use…I told him to stop by here at AG if he has a chance, and he said he would.

I guess we can expect your postman, dentist and the TV repair man to show up in this playthrough any time now.
Seriously, it’s a way to go, Lady K!

rtrooney - 26 July 2022 08:49 PM

I don’t know whether saved games can be copied.

You mean from one computer to another? I believe they can, if the game version (Steam, GOG, Big Fish games…) is the same.

mjp

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve started Chapter 5. Hooray! Thumbs Up Every time I get off the boat I turn around and look at the egg. Imagin my surprise when I saw the hand icon, and was able to take the egg with me. I’m wandering around quite a bit without a clue what I should be doing. And that which I am doing, e.g., turning on the water, finding a beetle and finding what looks like a watermelon but is probably a coconut since it’s growing in a palm tree, I have no clue as to whether I’m doing stuff in the right order. I’ve already got three saves overwriting old saves, since it seems like I will have to redo some things if I miss something.

Regarding saves, thanks Zobraks, but now I’m wondering if there is a way to simply copy save game files to a flash drive. That way I could have an unlimited number of saves should I need them.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Good thing you got past that grapnel sequence @rtrooney!

There are files named saved_1.bin-saved_8.bin in the game folder. Maybe it’s enough to backup those. On the other hand I also have a folder named Amerzone in my documents folder, with a file called save.xml in it so it may not be that straightforward.

So far I have only overwritten one save, from very early in the game. I don’t think you can do anything out of order and reach a dead end, so eight saves should be plenty to get you through the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top