• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoIronCretinKarlokzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oops!  I didn’t mean to leave you out.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Lady_Kestrel: ha, no worries - I was more among the people on the shore than “on board” when you all took off.

See you later alligators

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Still no luck. I checked the usable functions in hydrafloat and grapnel is active, and i can choose only sailing and helicopter. Both those 2 functions say incoherent data that ask me to put a 3 number code. Not sure what else i can do with hydrafloat without the code. There is also a hotspot i can activate on the right that i have no idea what it does.
From Zobraks tip i understood i have to search underwater. I spent some time there also without luck. I found some airplanes but no hotspot to activate.

its probably something obvious i m missing because noone had problem with this part.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Use the only active function to open a stuck door.  You’re not strong enough to budge it yourself.

Total Posts: 4288

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

zobraks - 20 July 2022 03:03 AM

Did you find the old/original Hydrafloat?

Read this before you look what’s beneath Lady K’s spoiler (the post above this).

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Nico2021 - 21 July 2022 05:20 PM

Still no luck. I checked the usable functions in hydrafloat and grapnel is active, and i can choose only sailing and helicopter. Both those 2 functions say incoherent data that ask me to put a 3 number code. Not sure what else i can do with hydrafloat without the code. There is also a hotspot i can activate on the right that i have no idea what it does.
From Zobraks tip i understood i have to search underwater. I spent some time there also without luck. I found some airplanes but no hotspot to activate.

its probably something obvious i m missing because noone had problem with this part.

Your cart is a little ahead of your horse.

Per Zobrak’s clue, you need to find the underwater Hydrafloat the fisherman told you about. Ince you have done that, do the following. Some of which I think you have already done.

1. Push grapnel button on your Hydrafloat. You will see it sail off.

2. Go underwater again and attach the grapnel to the sunken Hydrafoat’s door.

3. Go back to your float and push the grapnel button again. You will see it pull the door off the sunken float.

4. Go back to the underwater float. Get in and read the setting on the computer screen. That is the destination you wil set on your float when you are ready to depart.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

VGP - 21 July 2022 11:15 AM

I also want to try and catch up, but there’s some stuff going on - I hope to re-join somewhere during chapter 3.

Just curious, what does the “G” stand for? I’m putting my money on Green.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Chapter 3
If you have landed safely, you should, with luck, arrive at the dock here, where you’ll meet an old friend of Valembois.  The diary describes this pueblo as a lively marketplace, but sadly, things have changed.

This section is a fairly short one.  Stop when you have refueled the hydrafloat and have made your way to the next stop along the river, which is the start of chapter 4.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 21 July 2022 11:10 AM

I’m hoping to hear from Chrissie and Nico before we move on, so let’s wait until tomorrow to start chapter 3.

Sorry Lady kestrel to temporarily hold things up -  I got involved with other things.  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s okay, Chrissie.  Just holler if you want us to slow down before we get into chapter 4.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Ye i ll try to catch up when i have time also. Sections are short anyway.

Update: I m at the start of the chapter 3. I was missing a tiny hotspot on the right of the panel of the hydrafloat that was lowering the grapnel. I checked a video walkthrough after spending some time underwater without success.

I wish there was a function that would show all interaction points like modern adventures. As it is its harder to find where to click than actually solving the puzzles. You just need to search every pixel on the screen while the actual puzzles have no challenge at all.

Total Posts: 4288

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Careful, Speedy Z!  You’ll blow the doors off your hydrafloat at that pace.
Oh wait, it doesn’t have doors, does it? Grin

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I reached Chapter 4.

I didn’t understand what that Franciscan friar over the grave said, I think he said something about God having mercy on us? And something about where I could find the fuel. But the rest of what he said I didn’t get exactly, I think it was about Valembius but I’m not sure. Nor what the other priest (or was it the same one?) said inside the parish.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I met with the priest. I accidentally right-clicked the mouse. Low and behold there was a key there. I don’t recall him saying anything about it (other than that there was fuel in the fort or seeing it being given to me. And, Ta-Da, it was the key to the gate to the fort. Saved a game there.

I am impressed with the speed of others who have already completed this episode. I hope it is that short because I will be joining Chrissie and others on the “catch up when I can” list. RL doctor’s appointments and a trip to the vet with Beamer for his annual shots pepper the calendar this coming week. Also, get a chance to get out tomorrow and play some guitar with others for a change. We will see how things go.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top