• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Intense Degree

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which adventure game character’s line is it anyway?

Total Posts: 7497

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Doom - 15 August 2021 02:06 PM
Karlok - 15 August 2021 09:39 AM

It is…?  Shifty Eyed
I could have sworn Dalboz says the snapdragon needs a chill pill. I remember because I’d never heard of chill pills and thought the game had made up a funny word.

You get the chill pill comment when you first meet the snapdragon. This is what Dalboz says when you already got hold of it (a close-up of the item in the Frobozz Magic Viewerâ„¢).

Ah yes. I forgot about the Magic Viewer. Even while I was playing, and it was such a useful device.

Total Posts: 1340

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Vegetable Party - 16 August 2021 05:20 PM

I’ll give them another try!

One of the cool things about these threads is being introduced to and reminded of all these cool titles from the past years.

Here’s another quote:

“The Sun? What is that? I think my mom mentioned it once before she threw me out for cutting class and chilling out all the time.”

“Didn’t you pay attention in Modern History Classes? The sun is a huge slow-motion nuclear explosion in space, shedding warmth on the people of planet.”

“Oh really. Well, you say the sun sends warmth, but I don’t see it anywhere. You must be an old dreamer.”

“DREAMER?! Ha Ha! How dare you! It’s up there, boy, but it’s beyond this cloud of soot which hangs of the city.”

Could it be from Broken Age?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Here’s the main character, setting the scene:

“I began to learn the shady history of Neutropolis shortly after my week-long -ahum- holiday in the Blue Pens. Most events happened before my time, but I was soon to get swept up in the events which had transformed this radical, freethinking Utopia into the polluted pit of boredom it is today.”

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Vegetable Party - 21 August 2021 09:18 AM

“I began to learn the shady history of Neutropolis shortly after my week-long -ahum- holiday in the Blue Pens. Most events happened before my time, but I was soon to get swept up in the events which had transformed this radical, freethinking Utopia into the polluted pit of boredom it is today.”

Is it valid to do some research and find out the answer not having played the game?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

As far as I’m concerned, it totally is. I like to include little points of reference in my quotes that may send you in the right direction, or on a wild goose chase.

Total Posts: 851

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

walas74 - 21 August 2021 12:13 PM
Vegetable Party - 21 August 2021 09:18 AM

Is it valid to do some research and find out the answer not having played the game?

That’s totally normal.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, in that case, I would say the game is Normality.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thumbs Up

bring it, walas!

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Ok, let’s go with this one:

The Ashanti were always a very secretive people with an extraordinary bond with nature. As with all native peoples, their living space also forms the basis for this existence, they naturally defend it with every means at their disposal. At some point the Ashanti shaman must have realised that they would not be able to defend their lands indefinitely from outsiders. They therefore trained up some quite exceptional warriors.

A free hint: it is from the very first adventure game I translated into Spanish, about eight years ago.

Total Posts: 851

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Amerzone!

Edit: Hmmm, no, fact checking reveals that it is definitely not Amerzone. Darn, I’m pretty sure I played this game recently, and the plot seems to similar to what I found in playing the first hour of Amerzone.

Time for some mind wracking.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Come on, I am sure you will remember it!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

This is Professor Hartmann talking to Sam in “Secret Files: Sam Peters”!

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

You are absolutely right!

Now it’s your turn.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

cool beans!

“Why are you here?”

“Look, I’m here for the same reason everyone else is…

We all hoped to make a deal with Masque,
  and get our hands on some of his money.

You know what they say about hope…
      it’s one step removed from madness.”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top