• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2004-01-28

PM

UPtimist - 28 May 2014 04:07 PM
RLacey - 28 May 2014 01:24 PM

Somehow, I have passed Finals.

Which means that, provided I turn up for the four weeks of my post-finals teaching, I get to call myself Dr Lacey. w00t.

I, on the other hand, got a worse number than I aimed for or expected in my Masters, and that sucks.

Ick. Sorry to hear that Frown. Though it’s small comfort, was it “good enough”?

(One of the advantages of a medical degree is that it’s just pass/fail. My actual marks were entirely unstellar.)

“I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.”

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

Hey I was threatened by a Swede teacher to come back. Do I need to inform Interpole?
Forgive my southern male lack of knowledge on the subject.
And congrats on the passing.

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

rlpw - 28 May 2014 07:21 PM

Hey I was threatened by a Swede teacher to come back.

Grin
I’m not a teacher anymore Paul. Wink

Good to see you back btw. Now, stay here!
Grin

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Which means that, provided I turn up for the four weeks of my post-finals teaching, I get to call myself Dr Lacey. w00t.

Congrats Rob!
Somehow you know a lot of things, don’t you? Wink

Lazy Bee

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Does that mean you’ll change your nickname to DRLacey?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

RLacey - 28 May 2014 04:41 PM
UPtimist - 28 May 2014 04:07 PM

I, on the other hand, got a worse number than I aimed for or expected in my Masters, and that sucks.

Ick. Sorry to hear that Frown. Though it’s small comfort, was it “good enough”?

(One of the advantages of a medical degree is that it’s just pass/fail. My actual marks were entirely unstellar.)

Yeah, it’s “good enough” (and apparently “close to being better” - but what does that matter) but I’m still very disappointed. I’ll get over it… eventually, maybe.

And, oh yeah, congratulations Rob! Sorry I forgot to say that yesterday Smile Or, DRLacey, I guess, as Timsie suggested Grin

rlpw - 28 May 2014 07:21 PM

Hey I was threatened by a Swede teacher to come back. Do I need to inform Interpole?

And rightly so!

Also, by “Interpole”, do you mean a supplementary pole placed between the regular poles of a direct-current dynamo or motor in order to regulate commutation?

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

UPtimist - 29 May 2014 03:55 AM

Yeah, it’s “good enough” (and apparently “close to being better” - but what does that matter) but I’m still very disappointed. I’ll get over it… eventually, maybe.

Good enough and ‘close to being better’ isn’t bad Upsie! Don’t stay disappointed too long. It’s not worth it. *hugs*

Lazy Bee

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Also, by “Interpole”, do you mean a supplementary pole placed between the regular poles of a direct-current dynamo or motor in order to regulate commutation?

I thought that was the pole that’s usually erected at a tri-border junction…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-28

PM

Jelena - 29 May 2014 05:17 AM

Good enough and ‘close to being better’ isn’t bad Upsie! Don’t stay disappointed too long. It’s not worth it. *hugs*

^ What she said. Though with a *manly handshake* instead.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hey Timovieman, how is the formation of your new government going? What do you think, will it take 541 days again like last time? I wish our government would fall so we could have a race again like last time Smile

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

And in other news, I’m so extremely fed up with the weather we have here at the moment! We had so much rain it’s not funny anymore. Luckily we will hopefully have a bit of sun tomorrow.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 29 May 2014 12:03 PM

Hey Timovieman, how is the formation of your new government going? What do you think, will it take 541 days again like last time? I wish our government would fall so we could have a race again like last time Smile

Probably gonna take a while again. Flanders (or at least a dumb and/or gullible third) made a right-wing populist party the biggest, while Wallonia voted left as usual. I don’t think they’ll form a government that leaves out the biggest party in Wallonia (I feel the Walloon Christian-democrat party won’t allow that and it won’t happen without their seats). On the otherhand, a coalition that leaves out the dumbest biggest Flemish party is doable, but I don’t want that to happen as it will only enhance their preferred role as “victims” and they’d be even bigger next time around. I want them to govern now, so they can mess it up, make the government fall, and disappear from the political landscape…

Ideally, both biggest parties find a way to reconcile, but their political differences are too big for that to happen. Outlook not so good, imo.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I wish you luck and your politicians wisdom because this surely is an interesting conundrum!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I thought you can only call yourself Dr after you have written and defended Ph.D. dissertation.

Dr tsa

Joined 2004-01-28

PM

tsa - 29 May 2014 04:04 PM

I thought you can only call yourself Dr after you have written and defended Ph.D. dissertation.

Dr tsa

Not if you take the easy way out and get a medical degree. Honorary titles ftw (although much less impressive).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top