• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 17 March 2014 07:37 AM

Pan

You do realize that your ‘Golden Age’ in the 17th century was the result of an influx of Belgian scientists, philosophers and skilled workers that wanted to avoid getting caught in the crossfire of your war with the Spanish at the time? Wink

You should join us instead! Grin
So we can refuse and mock you for asking in the first place. *

Antwerp, Brugge and Gent profited quite a lot from our Golden Age I think.

tsa - 16 March 2014 11:47 PM

Edit: he even made our national news: http://nos.nl/artikel/624280-waalse-zanger-is-vlaamse-lieveling.html

The funny thing is: this happened on the same day that the ‘Vlaams Nationaal Zangfeest’ was held - an event that started out years ago as a musical show to promote Flemish music but quickly devolved into a platform for a bunch of idiots a vocal minority to get an independent Flanders.

I call Axel Hirsoux’s victory a very poignant ‘Take that!’ to those morons Flemish nationalists.

* Don’t you just love the Belgian-Dutch friendly rivalry and constant competition and banter? Tongue

LOL! Laughing

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

TimovieMan - 17 March 2014 07:37 AM

I call Axel Hirsoux’s victory a very poignant ‘Take that!’ to those morons Flemish nationalists.

You mean, like this?

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I think we need to take a little more time to appreciate the web 1.0 goodness of that image!

And on that subject…

The letter written by Surrey Police to potential rape victims in comic sans really is something.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

RLacey - 15 March 2014 03:30 PM

Let’s go the whole hog and arrange dates in the format YYYY/MM/DD. Makes them easy to sort by computer.

I agree with this and think it would end the confusion.  I use it in my game and video databases. 

I think the US date arrangement came about because of the way we usually say the date:  March 18th, 2014 rather than the 18th of March, 2014.  On legal documents here, it is written the latter way, but I suspect common verbal usage won out.  Like anything else, to change over something that has been used one way for so long would cause a mess, but it could be done.

Edit:  Wow!  That male contestant has a gorgeous voice, Tim!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

So, if I were to make a video showing off my new house (which I plan to do for my online friends once I’ve made everything pretty), would you want it silent or me gibbering and pointing out things in the background?

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fantasysci5 - 20 March 2014 03:35 PM

me gibbering and pointing out things in the background?

^ This. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

TimovieMan - 20 March 2014 03:46 PM

me gibbering and pointing out things in the background?

^ This. Smile

Really? Because I did that when I took video in England, and now I cringe to watch it back. Tongue

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

You can always turn the sound off to watch it again. Wink
Besides, it’s often funnier more interesting when commented. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Geert Wilders is clowning around again, this time with a statement about Moroccans.

All I can say is: “Nurse! Nurse! He’s out of bed again!” Tongue

Good to hear that people are turning their backs on him, even in his own party…

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

TimovieMan - 22 March 2014 02:10 PM

Geert Wilders is clowning around again, this time with a statement about Moroccans.

Did he say they’re good with maracas?

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 22 March 2014 02:10 PM

All I can say is: “Nurse! Nurse! He’s out of bed again!” Tongue

Good to hear that people are turning their backs on him, even in his own party…

Man I was so angry when I saw that. I truly hope he will serve time in jail for this and his infamous ‘kopvoddentaks’ idea. I also found it pretty amazing that our Prime Minister Rutte doesn’t rule working together with Wilders out completely.

Waar moet het heen met dit land?

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

So, if I were to make a video showing off my new house (which I plan to do for my online friends once I’ve made everything pretty), would you want it silent or me gibbering and pointing out things in the background?

I’d love to see you gibbering Fantasie! And pointing things out in the background. It makes it much more personal.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Ok, and now finally I can show what I came here for: a video of a flash mob in Odessa, Ukraine, playing the EU’s anthem.

I always wonder with flash mobs like this one how they get all their big instruments in place unseen. I picture those people as real life Kate Walkers, pulling enormous things from their inner pockets as she always does.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I’ve never been in this thread, but as it is for “rambling” and, as title says, “Anything Goes”, I will just make (probably) one-off appearance to say a bit about recently closed thread An Infamous Lack of Professionalism
(http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/3315)

I have seriously reduced my activity in ag forum, partly as some members irritate me. So I somewhat understand rdtlj. Apparently I wonder around different threads as I have nothing to say about Lambonius and Blackthorne though.

I take no side. I just want to make a nod to rdtlj for the work s/he have made. Clearly s/he have got more than enough to initiate such research.

I do agree some of the overall points of thread though. I do appreciate politeness (a thing the last poster, before the thread was closed down, Advie has unfortunately lost over the years) and objectiveness. At the same time I think highly of honesty and despise taking no responsibility of said things.

I have mixed feeling regarding the closing of thread. Sure, it would have been a huge war. A lot of hurtful things would have been said.
But at the same time, IF ag members would have behaved like grownups, maybe it would have worked as a purge as people would have been able to say out what annoys and how some members can improve their communication skills (not only Lambonius and Blackthorne).

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Teh Internetz. Or something.

You know, there are always people who don’t quite understand social interaction’s two-sidedness. Of course, sometimes it’s best to just ignore them… *shrug*

Anyways, that’s part of the reason I mainly just hang at the Chit Chat side - all the nice people are here Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top