• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I guess the last posts are the very definition of “off topic” so please, let’s move on.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I myself am considering leading The Journey Down in the future. I haven’t played the 3rd part, but as we don’t seem to have a volunteer for leader, I’ve been thinking I could do it anyways, and fast play the 3rd part when we come to it, so I could be helpful to others. But at the moment I don’t have the time or energy to lead. That’s why I chose Yoomurjak’s Ring for now. Maybe I’ll have the time after next vote.

Also while I love TJD (or at least the first two chapters) I really feel like if there are games like The Shapeshifting Detective, for example, which has an eager leader who’s been trying to get the game through for CPT for a good while now… I really would like those games to win eventually, instead of always some other title coming up “from nowhere” and snatching the win.

Though I think I myself have nominated both TJD and Yoomurjak quite recently. Tongue

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 10 September 2021 06:43 PM

I understand, Advie.  I’ll include the due date in the ongoing tally next time.  (If I forget, please remind me.)

This is the CP procedures thread.:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/14749

If you want to skip all the debate, scroll down to post #68 here:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/14749/P60

Thank you LK, much appreciated

Total Posts: 5609

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You’re welcome.  If you need it again, the link is in the “Game recommendations & important/popular threads” thread.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

millenia - 11 September 2021 10:25 AM

I myself am considering leading The Journey Down in the future. I haven’t played the 3rd part, but as we don’t seem to have a volunteer for leader, I’ve been thinking I could do it anyways, and fast play the 3rd part when we come to it, so I could be helpful to others.

I’ll certainly vote for the game if it’s nominated & you decide to put yourself forward to lead it millenia Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I want to nominate and will lead:

This game is also rated 4 stars:

“The Shapeshifting Detective is a unique game that provides a solid mystery with a creative twist on the usual means of information gathering.”

The Good:
Interesting approach to suspect interrogation
Great acting
Sharp FMV visuals
In-game radio station does a good job of setting the mood
Highly replayable

The Shapeshifting Detective was nominated for the best game by a small studio - 2018 TIGA awards.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1662

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

The dig lol

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

My vote goes to The Shapeshifting Detective.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ll vote for both.

(Also I wont be able to lead The Journey Down just yet, I have way too much on my plate at the moment. Perhaps next year.)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

The Dig (I hope Timovieman can find the time to join us!), The Journey Down, The Epsilon Outcome (as a leader), Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive, Syberia.

And for good measure, I’ll throw in.. Warp Frontier, which I’ll lead as well.

Total Posts: 1662

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 26 November 2021 03:48 PM

The Dig (I hope Timovieman can find the time to join us!), The Journey Down, The Epsilon Outcome (as a leader), Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive, Syberia.

And for good measure, I’ll throw in.. Warp Frontier, which I’ll lead as well.

I would play warp Frontier again to see maybe a different outcome

Total Posts: 2077

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I support The Dig and The Journey Down, of course. I’d like to replay The Pandora Directive, but it has been already CPT-ed once and I’m higly against second CPTs, even though I missed that one, give other games a chance! Still haven’t found time to finish Warp Frontier, it’s a really good game and I might join the voting if more people support the nomination.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I haven’t played Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive yet and I intended to do it next year. I wouldn’t mind to change my plans so I will vote for it.

Total Posts: 5609

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The voting window for community playthrough #69 is open until Fri., Dec. 10.

The Dig (4) - Jdawg445, Millenia, Vegetable Party, Doom

The Shapeshifting Detective (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, Millenia

The Journey Down trilogy (2) - Vegetable Party, Doom
The Pandora Directive (2) - Vegetable Party, Walas74
Warp Frontier (2) - Vegetable Party (leader), Jdawg445

The Epsilon Outcome (1) - Vegetable Party (leader)
Syberia (1) - Vegetable Party

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 2077

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Lady Kestrel, I didn’t vote for Warp Frontier, I just considered the opportunity) But I’d rather play The Dig or TJD, I lost count on how many times they were nominated.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top