• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Luhr28 - 02 December 2021 08:07 PM
rtrooney - 01 December 2021 09:55 PM
walas74 - 01 December 2021 06:59 PM

I think you can call the poll out and start enjoying The Dig’s CPT from now Smile

I agree. I won’t be playing the game, but I don’t think there is a chance any other game can catch up. So declare Dig the winner, and move on.

Not so fast, cowboys…

The long out-of-print Chronomaster has just been released on GOG, and it’s one I’ve wanted to play for many years. Multiple solutions, “star” voice acting and apparently quite lengthy too.

Sure, the Dig’s a classic but everyone’s played it by now, which can’t be said for this hidden sci-fi gem.

You didn’t come close to winning this time. However, it’s a great idea so you should nominate it again sometime in the future.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I want to nominate and will lead:

This game is also rated 4 stars:

“The Shapeshifting Detective is a unique game that provides a solid mystery with a creative twist on the usual means of information gathering.”

The Good:
Interesting approach to suspect interrogation
Great acting
Sharp FMV visuals
In-game radio station does a good job of setting the mood
Highly replayable

The Shapeshifting Detective was nominated for the best game by a small studio - 2018 TIGA awards.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5617

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting and nominations for CP #70 will end in two weeks, which is Monday, January 24, 2022.

The Shapeshifting Detective (1) - Adv_Lvr (leader)

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I would like to nominate, and offer to lead Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Originally a Nintendo DS game, but was released on PC two years ago (together with Phoenix Wright: And Justice for All and Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations).
We’re not going to get a DS game to win, but if it’s on PC as well, it’s got a shot. Smile

Plus, it’s another absolute favourite of mine… Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (1) - TimovieMan (leader)

Total Posts: 6596

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ll nominate and lead one of the best adventures ever - Day of the Tentacle.

More than 5 years ago, the game was treated with a Remastered edition with a very accurate high-resolution overhaul, and uncompressed voices, which alone is enough for a revisit. Those who never played a game are in a for a real treat!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Still Life

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

TimovieMan - 10 January 2022 07:56 PM

I would like to nominate, and offer to lead Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Originally a Nintendo DS game, but was released on PC two years ago (together with Phoenix Wright: And Justice for All and Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations).
We’re not going to get a DS game to win, but if it’s on PC as well, it’s got a shot. Smile

Plus, it’s another absolute favourite of mine… Innocent

Actually released on GBA first, then ported to Nintendo DS, Wii, PC, IOS, Android, PS4, Switch, XBOX.

Heart

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Adv_Lvr - 10 January 2022 11:03 PM

Actually released on GBA first, then ported to Nintendo DS, Wii, PC, IOS, Android, PS4, Switch, XBOX.

Heart

The GBA version was Japan-only and didn’t include the big 5th case (Rise from the Ashes) so that doesn’t really count. Western audiences first got the DS version.
And. It. Was. Glorious! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I have recently played and finished Phoenix Wright Ace attorney on my ps5 and rated it 4.5 out 5 stars. Its an excellent game and very long. Took me 36 hours to finish blind. Although l loved it i bet there will be people that will not like it as it is heavy on dialogues and it can get boring some times when the cases drag for ever. I m playing the second one right now and while it is also very good its not close to the first one that i consider masterpiece.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Nico2021 - 11 January 2022 09:05 AM

I have recently played and finished Phoenix Wright Ace attorney on my ps5 and rated it 4.5 out 5 stars. Its an excellent game and very long. Took me 36 hours to finish blind. Although l loved it i bet there will be people that will not like it as it is heavy on dialogues and it can get boring some times when the cases drag for ever. I m playing the second one right now and while it is also very good its not close to the first one that i consider masterpiece.

The third game is again an improvement on the second. Not quite to the same masterpiece levels of the first, but close. Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting and nominations for CP #70 will end on Monday, January 24, 2022.

Day of the Tentacle (1) - Diego (leader)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (1) - TimovieMan (leader)
Still Life (1) - Rtrooney

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Since I won Day of the Tentacle Remastered courtesy of Lady Kestrel (Autumn Tourney Mystery Manor) Thumbs Up I’ll cast a vote for Day of the Tentacle which I’ve never played.

The only nominated game I’ve played is Still Life. In theory I would like to join in with whatever game wins but Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for PC (available on steam as a trilogy) seems quite pricey for perhaps a game I may not like? 

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 11 January 2022 01:56 PM

In theory I would like to join in with whatever game wins but Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for PC (available on steam as a trilogy) seems quite pricey for perhaps a game I don’t like?

Correction: not that pricey for THREE games you might not like… Tongue

I have the Remastered version of Day of the Tentacle (as well as the original on CD-ROM). I replayed Full Throttle when I got the Remastered version, but I haven’t replayed DotT yet. It’s always a good time to replay a game I gave 5-stars (hence my nomination for Phoenix Wright), but that means I’d play DotT as well. Smile

And after the Post Mortem playthrough, I’m interested in playing Still Life as well.

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 11 January 2022 02:53 PM
chrissie - 11 January 2022 01:56 PM

..... Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for PC (available on steam as a trilogy) seems quite pricey for perhaps a game I don’t like?

Correction: not that pricey for THREE games you might not like… Tongue

Laughing

So you’re nominating the trilogy rather than just the one game? If not & it’s just one game where can I buy just the one game please?  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top