• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

stepurhan - 08 August 2012 03:32 PM
Lucien21 - 08 August 2012 03:27 PM

MIne is less psychadelic, but has PIG POWER written on the back.

I’m having trouble imagining that. Have you got any pictures, preferably with some sort of Scottish accountant modeling?

Yeah Lucien we need proof!

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

temporaryscars - 08 August 2012 03:59 PM

You’ve never seen The Thing? FOR SHAME!

I played the game. Does that count?

Majsan - 08 August 2012 06:26 PM

You look somehow different in that picture, Stepurhan… But still as handsome as ever! Laughing

Not sure what the difference could be. I’m sure it’s not lack of grey hair though.
Smile

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

That’s a sweet beard. I wish I could grow a beard! Frown

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

stepurhan - 08 August 2012 06:51 PM
temporaryscars - 08 August 2012 03:59 PM

You’ve never seen The Thing? FOR SHAME!

I played the game. Does that count?

Never having played the game I can’t say for certain, but if you haven’t already seen the 1982 John Carpenter-directed version of “The Thing”, then you must do so at soonest convenience.  It’s one of the few sci-fi/horror movies where the main characters don’t make obviously bad choices just to keep the story moving along.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The movie geek vouches for John Carpenter’s The Thing - very good sci-fi/horror!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Grin

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Sage - 09 August 2012 03:24 AM

Never having played the game I can’t say for certain, but if you haven’t already seen the 1982 John Carpenter-directed version of “The Thing”, then you must do so at soonest convenience.

I have seen it really, and I heartily concur with your sentiments.

The game involves a team investigating the base from the film after the fact Things do not go well.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

In two weeks my son is leaving for uni and then in the beginning of September my daughter will go to Paris to work as au pair for a year.
That leaves Mr J and me alone in the house. And the dog of course.
I’m not sure what I feel about it.  Meh

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Jelena - 09 August 2012 02:35 PM

In two weeks my son is leaving for uni and then in the beginning of September my daughter will go to Paris to work as au pair for a year.
That leaves Mr J and me alone in the house. And the dog of course.
I’m not sure what I feel about it.  Meh

I thought that the Swedish au pair was just a cliche.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Are there any must-have apps or whatever (anything, really) for iPads? My dad got one Tongue

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

UPtimist - 09 August 2012 05:13 PM

Are there any must-have apps or whatever (anything, really) for iPads? My dad got one Tongue

Netflix, GoodReader, Rebuild, Outwitters, Trulia, CloudReaders…that’s all I have.

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I finished watching Twin Peaks, it was interesting but it sort of started to go off the ball after they solved Laura Palmer’s murder, and the cliff-hanger ending wasn’t great. I also watched the follow-up film, but that didn’t add much to it.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Yep, the second season is notably inferior to the first one (still much better (usually) than average TV though Grin Besides, it has some gold points, like for example the Diane Keaton directed episode (and closer to the end of the season it picks up a lot again, in my opinion). I still haven’t seen the movie, but usually people aren’t so excited…

It was originally supposed to have a third season, too, so that partially explains why the show is a bit weirdly balanced, I think. Lost Quixote said to me (in a PM, I hope he doesn’t mind me quoting that Tongue):

If you watch the movie, and then look up the original shooting script to see what they cut out, there are some interesting hints at what might have happened in another movie/season Smile

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I read on Wikipedia that they shot 5 hours of footage for the film, but only used 2, and so far none of those extra bits have ever been released in any format.

I remember at the end of the show Agent Cooper said something about “25 years later”, so maybe we should campaign for a Twin Peaks sequel in 2015. Hell, they’re bringing back all this old stuff from the 80s at the moment, why not Twin Peaks too? lol.

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

It was Laura (or her evil doppelgänger?) who said to Cooper in the Black Lodge, “I’ll see you again in 25 years. Meanwhile…” I always wondered if a sequel/reunion would be planned (or if one was ever intended). Most of the cast is still alive, so I’m curious if they’d all agree on appearing in a sequel mini-series.

Did anyone see the mini TP reunion on Psych a few years ago? I can’t believe I missed it! Cry (Thank goodness for YouTube. Mini Smile)

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top