• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

I contacted Doug TenNapel several days ago to see if he would accept a donation and got no reply, but I did find this support page. I thought others might be interested. If the abandonware route was an option (and I don’t see another between paying $400 on ebay or not playing it at all) then donating directly to the creator makes me feel a whole lot better about it.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, let’s give this subject a rest.  AG isn’t responsible for personal actions, but if you’re not familiar with our forum rules and guidelines, please check this link:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/9/

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry, Lady K. I don’t think this topic should be allowed to rest. It’s going to come up again. And management might as well put its stake in the ground now.

The abandonware site in question lists many games, in addition to the one in question, that are potential AGCPT candidates. The AG rules don’t seem to be working. I don’t mean to belabor this discussion so I will leave it to the collective conscience as to what feels comfortable.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 463

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

The AG rules are working fine. Nobody has publically posted links to ‘the site in question’ - whatever that is - and that’s what we say not to do. Seriously, drop the subject.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed:  Another Crab’s Treasure, Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum. Broken Sword: Reforged CE

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Anybody up for a new CPT? I nominate The Excavation of Hob’s Burrow. It got votes last time from Doom, Chrissie, LadyKestrel, Charo (who hasn’t been around in over a month), walas, rtrooney, sylv.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #76 will end at midnight GMT on Thursday, December 29.

I’ll vote for Hob’s Barrow.

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (2) - Karlok, Lady Kestrel

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll vote for Hob’s Barrow but I won’t be able to join the playthrough (if it wins) until early January.

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I’ll vote for The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow. It’s not very long so I think I can join this CPT.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (4) - Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie, Walas74

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I will vote for The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow. However, similar to chrissie, I will be unable to start until the second week in January.

That said, I suggest either of two things. One is to delay the close of voting to, at least, January 2, 2023. That gets everyone through the holidays. Or the second would be for the leader, as yet un-named, to agree to delay the start of the playthrough until, at least, January 2, 2023. I still won’t be able to start until the 9th.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow (5) - Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie, Walas74, Rtrooney

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Karlok - 15 December 2022 11:24 AM

Charo (who hasn’t been around in over a month)

Gone but not forgotten!  Laughing

I’m on the fence about Hob’s Barrow but like several others I may join in January when, with some luck, *life stuff* stops harassing me.

AKA Charo

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Then I guess I should withdraw my vote. I can always join the playthrough as a non-voter if my schedule permits.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Whoever leads will most likely not start the playthrough until January anyway, so you might as well leave your vote in, Tim.

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

I vote for The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow as well!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top