• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Continuation of the thread here from the old forum.

Sooo… anyone interested in leading a new playthrough? Smile

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

It seems that there was a critical mass in favor of The Pandora Directive in the old thread. Are people still feeling good about that? With the Tex kickstarter afoot, there is no time like the present…

I would personally love love love a Pandora Directive playthrough! ...in about a week’s worth of time…

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well we had Overseer a few months back.

Has Toonstruck been done recently?

Total Posts: 4247

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oscar - 23 May 2012 12:26 AM

Has Toonstruck been done recently?

No. I’m afraid Toonstruck is not suitable for a community playthrough anyway - its puzzles can be solved in different order which means you’ll have to use spoilers throughout the whole playthrough and it would be tough to divide the playthrough in parts. On the plus side it is not too long, so it could be played in one go.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6577

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Toonstruck can be divided only in two parts - before and after you reach the castle, because I think every location before the castle can be reached in no particular order.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Somehow I completely missed the Tex Murphy games when they came out, but they look pretty good, so I wouldn’t mind playing The Pandora Directive.

I’ve never done a community playthrough before, though. How does it work? How long do we have to play through it? Since I work full time and have two young children at home, I have limited opportunities to play, and it may take me a while…

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

J-Boo - 23 May 2012 11:54 AM

I’ve never done a community playthrough before, though. How does it work? How long do we have to play through it? Since I work full time and have two young children at home, I have limited opportunities to play, and it may take me a while…

J-Boo, better late than never… Here are three links to the community playthroughs of GK1, Bad Mojo, and GAG. They should be typical examples, more or less. (Obviously, spoilers abound.)

Also… ::bump::  Wink

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

Sughly on another site suggested I finally playthrough The Dig. Any one interested?

I remember I found the Full Throttle playthrough a little too slow for my liking, though. I ended up finishing early and writing up notes for the chapters weeks ahead of schedule. Tongue

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

With apologies to everyone uninterested in the Forum’s ancient history, who might just want to skip all the way down to the last paragraph.

Er. Hi all. You might rememeber me as the host who abandoned the Sanitarium playthrough halfway through in the Fall of 2010. Not that it matters now, but I just wanted to say that I’m extremely, extremely sorry about that. The reason, to cut the long story short, was the combination of the technical difficulties with running the game (which I had complained about already before disappearing) and being swamped with work to the degree I (foolishly) hadn’t predicted. But never mind that; obviously the time for the excuses was a-year-and-a-half ago, when I should have owned up to lacking time and officially passed the torch to someone else, rather than every day delude myself into belief that I would find time to restart that damn playthrough… “tomorrow”. Frown

So yeah: sorry; hopefully I’ll be able to repay it to this fantastic community in one way or another in future (not volunteering to conduct a playthrough at the moment though — I’d learnt my lesson!). But more importantly: thank you. Thank you to the dedicated forumites who perservered and completed the communal playthrough of this stunning game anyway. With the special shout out to, of course, seagul, the newly-appointed playthrough leader, whose dedication and insight made her positively perfect for the job.

Again, sorry for hijacking the thread a bit. (I would have preferred to sort this via Private Messages really, but I honestly couldn’t decide how wide — or how narrow — the recipients list should be, so this thread seemed the most fitting altetnative). If anyone wants to reply to me about this particular point, please use PM so as not to derail it any further.

So, um, yeah, I think the timing would be great for Pandora Directive, although I’ve got to ask a) if it’s linear enough and b) is there any particular reason not to go through Under A Killing Moon first?

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’ve already started to play Under a Killing Moon (At Eric Chin’s house in Day 2).

I could wait for people to catch up if that is what people are playing.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

AFGNCAAP - 27 May 2012 11:57 AM

So, um, yeah, I think the timing would be great for Pandora Directive, although I’ve got to ask a) if it’s linear enough and b) is there any particular reason not to go through Under A Killing Moon first?

The non-linearity/divergent paths will be difficult to implement in a playthrough thread but I think that will be more than offset by the ability to discuss the different possibilities with the other forumites. IMHO the non-linearity is also a good reason to choose TPD over UAKM…

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I would totally love a playthrough of Pandora Detective! Played UAKM and loved it, keen to try the others now that it is on sale at GOG.

Currently playing: Starcraft II
Recently finished: Resonance, Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Diablo 3

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Gosh, I would love to participate in a Tex Murphy community playthrough, but won’t have available time for it until mid-July. I’ll keep an eye on the thread though!

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d love a community playthrough, but I’m sitting this one out if it’s Pandora Directive, though.

I’ve got the Tex Murphy games closing in fast on my list of games to play, but I’ve never played any of them before, so I’d actually prefer to play them in order, starting with Under a Killing Moon (or even Martian Memorandum)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Definitely interested in a Pandora Detective playthrough. But, is there anyone to lead it?

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

I’m totally in Tex Murphy mode, and have just finished Mean Streets (fun!), so would vote for Martian Memorandum if at all possible.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top