• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #70: Day of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Graffiti in Hattingen, Germany. I guess Germans really DO love adventure games. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

diego - 16 February 2022 12:21 PM

Graffiti in Hattingen, Germany. I guess Germans really DO love adventure games. Grin

My Heart

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Won the contest? Congratulations! Continue here:

Let’s have 1 more week (until February 23th), to get few more things done (like getting a diamond) until all 3 main characters are reunited as one! How, you may ask? Oh, you’ll know it when you see it!

Quote of the day:

Bernard: “How did he stop sleepwalking?”
Nurse Edna Edison: “He stopped sleeping.”

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 13 February 2022 07:51 PM
diego - 11 February 2022 08:03 AM

I can see few players finished this part, the rest of you, how are you doing? Veovis, Vegetable Party, millenia?

Quote of the Day:

Laverne: “Are you going to use a scalpel?”
Tentacle Doctor: “Of course not!.
Laverne: “Darn… do you want to use mine?
Tentacle Doctor: “Err…no”

That’s one of my favorite Laverne quotes.  Cool
My number 1 is “yoooohoooo, mr Tentacle guuuyyy…” thanks to the wonderful voiceacting. Doesn’t matter how many times I’ve heard it, still makes me smile.

LOL! Yeah, Laverne’s voice actor could be the best among all other great voices!

Total Posts: 7452

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I love the graffiti! And the ASCII pics. Did you make them yourself or did you borrow them, diego?

Story about good. Story about bad. - The Neverhood

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 17 February 2022 06:36 AM

I love the graffiti! And the ASCII pics. Did you make them yourself or did you borrow them, diego?

Unfortunately, I ain’t no ASCII artist, so I’m afraid I blatantly stole them (as Zobraks would put it) from a fantastic-written walkthrough by Jeremy Martin.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Played a little tonight. I think i m done with Hoagie. Laverne period i need to find a way to make the humans escape but they seem to like it there. And with Bernard still havent found a way to use the vcr. Not sure how to make Edna go away. Its probably something with the statue but i think i have tried everything there.

Anyway i ll continue tomorow but any subtle tips are welcome. Did 6% progress in about an hour so not bad. I m at 62% now.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

You’re on the right path. Or the left path?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Nico2021 - 17 February 2022 03:25 PM

Played a little tonight. I think i m done with Hoagie. Laverne period i need to find a way to make the humans escape but they seem to like it there. And with Bernard still havent found a way to use the vcr. Not sure how to make Edna go away. Its probably something with the statue but i think i have tried everything there.

You’re on the right track. If you can’t move the statue now, could you maybe do something with it in the past?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

TimovieMan - 17 February 2022 03:50 PM
Nico2021 - 17 February 2022 03:25 PM

You’re on the right track. If you can’t move the statue now, could you maybe do something with it in the past?

I have allready changed the hammers and the statue changed. But i dont understand whats the point of that. After that i have tried all items i have on the statue and the 2 brothers there. Maybe i m missing an item. I ll experiment more tomorow there.
Thing is most puzzles make sense only after you solve them.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Nico2021 - 17 February 2022 04:44 PM

I have allready changed the hammers and the statue changed. But i dont understand whats the point of that. After that i have tried all items i have on the statue and the 2 brothers there. Maybe i m missing an item. I ll experiment more tomorow there.
Thing is most puzzles make sense only after you solve them.

In that case, you may have missed the initial problem with the statue, WHY it needed to change.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 519

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

TimovieMan - 15 February 2022 06:03 PM
Veovis - 15 February 2022 05:08 PM

I’ve been completely stuck for quite a while trying to win the contest. I’ve no idea how to get the mummy to laugh. I’ve tried to use every object available to Laverne on the mummy. I’ve been trying to figure out what may get the mummy some humor in previous time periods. I’ve been running around squirting disappearing ink on everyone/everything imaginable since that seems to be the thing directly linked with humor in the inventory. Etc. No cigar. And no more ideas.

You need to find someone/something that laughs a lot. Does that give you an idea?

I had forgotten that the clown laughs after the interaction with Bernard but your hint indeed made me focus on it. At first I actually tried squirting disappearing ink on the Elvis lamp in the future, since Elvis laughs a lot in a live performance of a certain song…:).

I guess the puzzle is fair in retrospect. But even though I must have interacted with the clown at least ten times in the beginning of the game I had forgotten about the laugh by the time I nedded to fix Ned the mummy’s humor. The whole thing could have been a tiny bit more clearly clued imo.

Anyway; the contest is won! Thanks for the hint!

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Finally managed to get Edna out of the room in a spectacular way.

Now need to find a way to save poor fred so he can sign the contract.

I was starting to lose my patience with edna and the solution was pretty simple but somehow i managed to solve the harder puzzle first by trial and error and didnt know what to do with the initial puzzle.

Total Posts: 519

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Bernard, Hoagie and Laverne are quite literally together again. After the long stuckness trying to solve the contest puzzle things went really smoothly to this point. Great and fun section!

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Managed to get the diamond. Now i need to make the humans escape at laverne period so i can get to the basement. I suspect i need to find a mouse or the mouse toy for that. There is a cat at laverne period that i got to move from the fence but no idea what to do next. Also there are 2 mouse holes i dont know what to do with. And lastly there is a cat playing with a squeaky mouse toy and a squeaky bed. I have tried everything i have on those without success.

Am i close to what i m thinking or is completely diferent? At 79% now so must be close to the end.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top