• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Unofficial Playthrough Options

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m suggesting that those not participating in the DotT official playthrough might consider the following, while we bide our time waiting for the next vote:

To get one thing our of the way ... I can’t lead any of them. That’s not won’t, but can’t My wife is still recovering from major spinal surgery, and will be in rehab at least until the end of February. I can find time to play a game. I can’t find the time to lead a game.

I suggest:

Still Life one
Still Life two

and a cute game that appeared today on the front page

Milo and the Magpies  Well reviewed, short, and, at $1.99US on Steam, affordable.

Add your options.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i wish i could, i am having hard times finishing adventures these recent days, so i try hard to not get into a new unless i am done with what is in hand, but wish you and your wife well and the best.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanks for the good wishes.

It would seem that everyone, like you, are taking this opportunity to catch up on some un-played games rather than start a new UCPT. I totally get that.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 28 January 2022 06:47 PM

Thanks for the good wishes.

It would seem that everyone, like you, are taking this opportunity to catch up on some un-played games rather than start a new UCPT. I totally get that.

I just finished Still LIfe 2 and it was meh. No interest in another play. And Still Life does not run on my computer.

So I’m good to go to keep on trucking with Dangaronpa Trigger Happy Havoc.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Adv_Lvr - 30 January 2022 05:20 PM

I just finished Still LIfe 2 and it was meh. No interest in another play. And Still Life does not run on my computer.

Heart

Understood. But I tried 1 & 2 on my Win10, and they both loaded perfectly. Still, the small/short/cheap indie game is up for grabs.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 31 January 2022 08:42 PM
Adv_Lvr - 30 January 2022 05:20 PM

Heart

Understood. But I tried 1 & 2 on my Win10, and they both loaded perfectly. Still, the small/short/cheap indie game is up for grabs.

SL 1 still won’t install, I just got a catastrophic install error when I tried again. I am using CD disks that are original too.

I just started Black Mirror 2, now that’s a good game…anybody interested in that game?

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@rtrooney: How is your wife doing? I hope the recovery goes well. Best of luck to both of you.

I type this between two appointments and with a DotT playthrough going on, so I won’t be joining this, but I would highly recommend Milo & the Magpies. It’s a charming little game, quite casual and it has very convenient pace for a CPT.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Much better than before the surgery, but still not where we would like to be. Beware the unintended consequences! Sue had been having some hip issues, which caused her to slightly adjust the way she walked, which caused some spinal arthritis. When the pain got so bad she couldn’t easily walk comfortably, she had hip-replacement surgery. That, initially, eased the pain, but also caused her to adjust the way she walked, which, in turn, caused additional arthritic problems. Which, in turn, resulted in the current spine surgery.

Things can start small. But if you don’t catch them in the bud, can lead to an ever-increasing search for a cure. And each cure has its own set of consequences.

This is in no way meant to imply that you shouldn’t seek treatment for what ails you. But, when applied to people of a “certain” age group, of which both my wife and I are members, it’s important to look at potential long-term effects.

Enough of that!

I think I’m going to play Milo and the Magpies solo. Three-four hours of fun gameplay for $1.99 is a bargain. I’ll post some screenshots. If anybody wants to join, that would be great. I plan on starting next Monday, 7 January.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I hope she’ll get some relief from the pain and you both get some relief from all the appointments and medical procedures.

Milo & The Magpies might turn out to be shorter than you expected, I think it’s about one, one and a half, maybe two hours for most people.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top