• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Fien - 28 January 2013 01:54 PM

For Pete’s sake, Diego, let her be. She doesn’t want to listen, she doesn’t want any help, she just likes to get everybody’s attention. If she doesn’t want to participate in the playthrough, fine with me.

I am as stubborn as you are, we don’t let go of our opinion easily. Tongue We are both Pisces after all. Grin

I just wanted to look through all the options and hear opinions before buying the game that I’m not certain will work on my system.

So the game definitely works on Windows 7 under DOSbox?

I will probably join the Playthrough because Josh will be around. The playthrough needs more stuborn, quarrelsome, contentious people like me. Tongue
Just kidding I’m actually pretty sweet and nice usually. Smile

Josh - 28 January 2013 01:01 PM

Wow, do they always start off this contentious?

diego - 28 January 2013 01:44 PM

I don’t know who you’ve have been talking to, but DOSBox is not like a virtual machine. It’s just a teeny tiny program that takes ZERO of a modern computer power.

Well I thought it was like VirtualBox, plus zobraks said it eats too many system resources. Besides, usually everything you praise turns out not to be so great Tongue

zobraks - 28 January 2013 01:34 PM

Get the installer here.

What do you need to do to start the installer, zobraks?

diego - 28 January 2013 04:19 PM
zobraks - 28 January 2013 02:19 PM

This puzzle reminds me of MMFT.

Maniac Mansion Full Throttle?

Memento Mori Fork in the Tale?

Monty Mython’s Feaning of Tlife?

Mindfulness-based Mind Fitness Training?

I too have no idea what he meant by MMFT, but your post made me laugh.

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

SweetDalilah - 28 January 2013 05:28 PM

I just wanted to look through all the options and hear opinions before buying the game that I’m not certain will work on my system.

Maybe you should read your own posts again…

So the game definitely works on Windows 7 under DOSbox?

Everybody said so three pages ago. And THAT is when you started making trouble. Please stop playing games with us.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

To finish this conversation: Yes, CCS works perfectly well in DOSBox under Windows 7. That is exactly what I run. No, it doesnt take much of the systems resources. Even SCUMMVM has more requirements than DOSBox. Yes, it is easy to use and I will post the command lines when I start the playthrough tomorrow.

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Fien - 28 January 2013 06:42 PM

Please stop playing games with us.

Fien - 21 January 2013 04:00 PM

LOL! We did have a very nice DN playthrough indeed. And you finished as well!

Darling, I don’t know if you remember, but way back then, if it wasn’t for me everybody wouldn’t have a DN playthrough leader and a fun DN playthrough. Would you be happy if I didn’t play (lead) DN back then with you?

But If I’m not welcome to post questions and participate in this playthrough, then I’ll be more than welcome to leave.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

SweetD. I’ll make it difficult for you to pretend you don’t understand what I meant by “playing games with us”: I wasn’t referring to any previous or future playthroughs but to your many posts in reply to people trying to help you.

You’re still playing games with me. I’m going to put you in my killfile for a while.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Fien - 28 January 2013 07:27 PM

You’re still playing games with me. I’m going to put you in my killfile for a while.

I’ve had enough of your attitude towards me. You’ve been acting hostile since the day I came to these forums. For some ridicolous reason you just didn’t seem to like me from the start and that hasn’t changed no matter how hard I’ve tried to be friendly towards you. (And believe me I tried really hard) I even considered you a role model both as a quiz master and as a gamemaster (because you are truly good at it, I’ll admit that). But I will now say openly that I have never met a person more rude and grumpy than you are.

So you can put me in your “killfile” as much as you want, because I’m putting you on my ignore list.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 28 January 2013 04:19 PM
zobraks - 28 January 2013 02:19 PM

This puzzle reminds me of MMFT.

Maniac Mansion Full Throttle?

Memento Mori Fork in the Tale?

Monty Mython’s Feaning of Tlife?

Mindfulness-based Mind Fitness Training?

No. Mellow Memories of a Failed Thread.
BTW, you could have used the time waisted on banter more productively by writing more of these.

You need the CallahansForDOSBox.exe downloaded somewhere on your computer, and then you need to know how to start a(ny) Windows program.
You need the game disc (in one of your CD/DVD/virtual drives) too, of course.

SweetDalilah - 28 January 2013 07:07 PM

If I’m not welcome to post questions and participate in this playthrough, then I’ll be more than welcome to leave.

If you want to be welcome, you mustn’t do things that make you unwelcome.

Sefir - 28 January 2013 06:48 PM

DOSBox ... Yes, it is easy to use

I don’t think so. When I last checked it one had to meddle with DOS variables and that’s not something everyone’s familiar with.

I will post the command lines when I start the playthrough tomorrow.

You may do so, but there’s no need for that with CCS DOSBox installer program (God bless who(m?)ever made it) around.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

...If I’m not welcome to post questions and participate in this playthrough….

Of course you are. Everyone is.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 29 January 2013 02:50 AM

DOSBox ... Yes, it is easy to use

I don’t think so. When I last checked it one had to meddle with DOS variables and that’s not something everyone’s familiar with.

True. And when you start DOSbox the instructions on the screen look daunting too. But the hardest part is putting all your preferences (the necessary “mounting” commands, full screen, etc.) in your config file. Once you’ve done that, it’s the same for every game. Then you only need to understand and use commands like cd (change directory), dir/p (show directory and stop after each page), and one or two more that I can’t think of right now.

Unless there are other installers for specific games, this is the way to go.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

You need the CallahansForDOSBox.exe downloaded somewhere on your computer, and then you need to know how to start a(ny) Windows program.

You need the game disc (in one of your CD/DVD/virtual drives) too, of course.

The first part is understood on it’s own. Tongue I thought that you would need to look for file path or something like that. Grin I suppose you also need to have the DOSbox itself installed, right?

If I’m not welcome to post questions and participate in this playthrough, then I’ll be more than welcome to leave.

If you want to be welcome, you mustn’t do things that make you unwelcome.

I didn’t say anything different than you did, we shared the same opinion. Fien simply jumped the gun and overreacted because she probably has a grudge on me. But enough about that. Smile

Sefir - 29 January 2013 02:55 AM

...If I’m not welcome to post questions and participate in this playthrough….

Of course you are. Everyone is.

Thank you, Sefir. Grin If zobraks’ installer doesn’t work I sure could use the explanation of DOS commands (as everyone else would) I’m mostly not sure about the starting part, before opening the folder and the game.

I’ll try to get a hold on the game in the next few days. Wish me luck Grin

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

I recommend D-Fend, DOSbox frontend. Its really easy to use, and for me it is a best way to keeep DOS games in one place with all informations, screenshots, graphical adjustments etc.

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Drolin - 29 January 2013 08:08 AM

I recommend D-Fend, DOSbox frontend. Its really easy to use, and for me it is a best way to keeep DOS games in one place with all informations, screenshots, graphical adjustments etc.

Gasp

Can’t believe I haven’t heard that!!!

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sefir - 29 January 2013 08:14 AM
Drolin - 29 January 2013 08:08 AM

I recommend D-Fend, DOSbox frontend.

Gasp
Can’t believe I haven’t heard that!!!

It may turn out that I’m a greater expert on DOSBox than you - I’ve heard of D-Fend long time ago.
I think I had even tried it then.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon Community Playthrough is near the finish line. Any suggestions for the next one?

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Sefir - 18 April 2013 08:46 AM

The Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon Community Playthrough is near the finish line. Any suggestions for the next one?

A Vampyre Story!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top