• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

TimovieMan - 22 January 2013 01:30 PM
Dag - 22 January 2013 10:55 AM

I’ve ordered a copy of Callahans from Amazon, but it’ll be shipped from the US, and that usually takes about 2-3 weeks to reach Norway Confused Fingers crossed that it’ll ship a bit faster this time around..

Seriously? Gasp
I always get things in about a week from overseas. And it’s not like Belgium and Norway are that far apart…

It may be because I usually check the cheapest shipping option, which has a 14-21 days estimated delivery, but it has happened that the stuff has arrived within a week. I believe there’s a more expensive option for express delivery, but I’m operating on a tight budget:S

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dag - 22 January 2013 02:40 PM

It may be because I usually check the cheapest shipping option, which has a 14-21 days estimated delivery, but it has happened that the stuff has arrived within a week. I believe there’s a more expensive option for express delivery, but I’m operating on a tight budget:S

Even with the cheapest shipping option, they always say 14-21 days estimated delivery, but they deliver a lot faster. I think 8 working days was the longest I had to wait…

When it’s from eBay, most arrive within 4-6 working days.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2005-01-20

PM

Hey, guys,

I just checked in THIS thread.

I just wanted to say that if it’s going to make anyone uncomfortable for me to be here, I don’t have to be. I know that much of the point of community playthroughs is to share opinions both positive and negative, and if I’m going to make anyone feel self-conscious about being blunt, I’m happy to bow out. I don’t want to be a wet blanket!

Josh

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t see why you’d make anyone uncomfortable. I don’t even know who you are - someone involved in the development of Callahan?

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Josho - 22 January 2013 03:31 PM

I just wanted to say that if it’s going to make anyone uncomfortable for me to be here, I don’t have to be.

Please don’t go, Josh!
It would be great to have the author of the game in the Callahan’s playthrough.

Oscar, Josh Mandel is the writer of Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon:

source

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well then, surely his participation would give the playthrough a real boost~

Hey maybe we could invite Spider Robinson to participate as well? Smile

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Josho - 22 January 2013 03:31 PM

Hey, guys,

I just checked in THIS thread.

I just wanted to say that if it’s going to make anyone uncomfortable for me to be here, I don’t have to be. I know that much of the point of community playthroughs is to share opinions both positive and negative, and if I’m going to make anyone feel self-conscious about being blunt, I’m happy to bow out. I don’t want to be a wet blanket!

Josh

That was me, I’m sad to say. Embarassed It was a spur-of-the-moment post but I didn’t mean to offend you in any way. I like your sense of humor, and it would be great to have you comment on stuff and share information. So if you promise to stick around, I promise I’ll be my usual blunt self.

PS: Which playthroughs did you follow?

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2005-01-20

PM

Fien,

I’m not offended in any way. I totally understand how having a creator nearby might make someone reticent to speak their mind.

I promise to stick around, then, and will take you at your word that I won’t be an impediment to open discussion. Believe me, I’m used to criticism. Hey, I did a Kickstarter, now THAT was a trial by fire.

Josh

Edit: Oh, and I promise not to post any polls.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 22 January 2013 03:53 PM

Oscar, Josh Mandel is the writer of Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon:

source

Writer AND designer, according to MobyGames. The lead honcho, if you will. Grin

Having Josho chiming in on the playthrough is a unique opportunity for us to get some insights from the maker himself. The playthrough could only benefit from this. Like playing a special edition. Tongue
In turn, I think this is a nice opportunity for Josho to get the opinions of several people (most of whom never played CCS before) as they’re playing it. And it’ll be a great chance to see how well the game has stood the test of time.
As long as there are no holds barred in our comments, this is win-win, imo. Grin

Josh, you can’t believe how psyched I am that you’re going to be following this playthrough. I mean, you’re one of only a handful of game designers whose name I knew back in the ‘90s…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Josho - 22 January 2013 05:32 PM

I promise not to post any polls.

Hehe, I still remember your great “Are ‘Adventure games are dead’ topics dead?” poll & thread - too bad someone deleted it.

Or was it “Are ‘Are adventure games dead?’ topics dead?”?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

As the playthrough leader, I want to make officially known that I want Josho in the playthrough. His in-game knowledge could be invaluable. I PM’d him to tell him what his role exactly could be in the playthrough (mostly informative).

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

I am in. Since CCS is my favorite, more detailed second playthrought could be really good.

(hoping that Shadow of the Comet will be in the future Smile)

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Important note for all the participants in the upcoming playthrough:

There is a 1.01 patch for Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon that perhaps you would like to check. It is supposed to stop some sudden “freezes” in the game (though I didn’t remember to meet any) plus some other minor improvements. The patch is easily found on the internet. I also have it in my possesion for whoever wants it and can’t find it. Mind you, the patch doesn’t recognise old saves (meaning that after you install the patch, the game doesn’t recognize the pre-patched saves).

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Sefir, why not post this important info in the new Callahan’s playthrough thread you have to start anyway.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Fien - 27 January 2013 10:39 AM

Sefir, why not post this important info in the new Callahan’s playthrough thread you have to start anyway.

I will repost it there when I start the thread and the playthrough (This Wednesday.). No harm done to post it here as well however.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top