• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Hi adventure guys. Do any of you own an old game called Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland? It’s a point-and-click game, mostly live action, based on one of the Goosebumps books. It’s mostly very cheesy, but the environments are very nice to look at. The puzzles aren’t hard but I think they’re fun. Also you can’t talk about the game without mentioning Jeff Goldblum’s small role as Dracula.

If you need help getting it to run on modern computers, what I did was went into the CD files, found a program called something like gboption.exe, and unchecked directdraw and high performance. And then always run the game from the “gb.exe” within the CD files. Also there’s the usual properties>compatibility if the previous stuff doesn’t work.

The game apparently contains 777 tokens, many of which you find by exploring the environment and playing mini-games, but the vast majority are found in weird real-time underground mazes reminiscent of Doom. Also, certain places in the game if you get “hit” (by touching fire or something) you lose a token, making it impossible to find them all.

I decided to try and find them all and only ended up locating 772. SO I came here to see if anyone was interested in working together to find them all. I took some incredibly dorky notes on how many I found in each area, so if anyone’s interested I can post that.

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Welcome aboard & thanks for the info, desiderio.
I think this is the first time I read something useful in a very first message posted by someone on these forums.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

Never did quite finish the game. Do not have the desire or the time to play the game again unfortunately. A good game as i recall.

Behind the scenes for the Goosebumps game

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I wish it worked on modern computers without setting up a Virtual Machine. Frown This game and Attack of the Mutant were surprisingly awesome games. The latter being reminiscent of Realms of a Haunting!

I haven’t played Escape from Horrorland in probably 8 years, 3 years if I count playing it for a couple minutes in a virtual machine (too much overhead) and 10 years if I count actually playing the game and beating it.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top