• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 11 April 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Boo!

Today in “I miss Kheops”, that creepy scene in Dracula 3 where the lights go out and weird stuff happens.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Why does that figure look like a cross between Darth Vader and Chewbacca??? Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

TimovieMan - 11 April 2013 12:17 PM

Why does that figure look like a cross between Darth Vader and Chewbacca??? Gasp

Possible because you’ve been watching too much Star Wars.

Besides, he clearly looks like the Emperor Tongue

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I played the game three years ago, and yet I don’t remember that character (looks like “Dracula” in Dracula 3) appearing in that place (was that a shed of some sort in dispensary’s yard?)
BTW, “Dracula” in Dracula 3 is hilarious (to me); he looks more like a hobo or some character from a Tom Waits song (to me) than The Lord Of The Darkness.

a cross between Darth Vader and Chewbacca??? Gasp

Dracula 3 is a great game though, and many a time it (its puzzles, to be precise) reminded me of Gabriel Knight 3 (also a favo(u)rite of mine).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

zobraks - 12 April 2013 04:27 AM

I played the game three years ago, and yet I don’t remember that character (looks like “Dracula” in Dracula 3) appearing in that place (was that a shed of some sort in dispensary’s yard?)
BTW, “Dracula” in Dracula 3 is hilarious (to me); he looks more like a hobo or some character from a Tom Waits song (to me) than The Lord Of The Darkness.

a cross between Darth Vader and Chewbacca??? Gasp

Dracula 3 is a great game though, and many a time it (its puzzles, to be precise) reminded me of Gabriel Knight 3 (also a favo(u)rite of mine).

I’ve been meaning to play the Dracula games… this comment makes me want to play them soon!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

All three Dracula games (made by Wanadoo & Kheops, I haven’t played Dracula: Origin) are great (story, graphics, voices, music) and have nice puzzles. Beware of the puzzles in the second and (specially) in the third game because some of those are mind-numbing .

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I’ve played only Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary, and as far as I can remember it really was a great game for its time. The atmosphere was really scary and I really loved the scenery and the puzzles. I particularly remember a chess room puzzle.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

zobraks - 12 April 2013 04:27 AM

Yes, that’s near the end when Maria disappears from the dispensary, the lights go out and everything. He appears as lighting strikes for a split second when you first go into that shed with all the coffins inside—and almost gave me a heart attack the first time I played the game.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It’s strange. I get frightened easily, and yet I don’t seem to remember the scene you described. I know (kind of) there was something dramatic taking place when you enter the shed for the first time and it was always creepy for me to go there, but I thought you met Dracula for the first time when you entered that underground hall deep down in the castle. My memory plays tricks on me.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oh.
for the film.

P.S. I must have entered the shed through the wrong door (or I have blinked ). I still don’t remember seeing Dracula on that occasion.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top