• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

J.U.L.I.A. Discussion

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It’s forced more companies into self-publishing through digital distribution, sure. I’m talking about publishers putting boxed games on actual store shelves. Yeah, Nordic Games is one, Viva Media is another. They’re few and far between now, though, and don’t cover many games. 

Lucius was the one game LMG was actually helping finance, so it’s no surprise they saw that through the end. The fact that it wasn’t very good and presumably didn’t do too well probably contributed to this situation.

We’ve seen from CBE’s announcement what signed deals actually mean. I seriously doubt we’ll see either Lifeless Planet or Tehran’s Alleys published by LMG. They might survive long enough to push one or both out the door, but really, the writing is on the wall.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 31 January 2013 05:49 PM

I agree, but on the other hand that led us to proportionally larger increase in companies which act as a self-publisher - Telltale, Daedalic, Phoenix Online…

Daedalic has used other publishers for their own games and also acts as a publisher for indies.

It may be sad that Lace Mamba won’t make it, I don’t know. I think it’s true that we’re still in a transition phase as far as publishers are concerned. But I do know that lots of things went wrong and buyers were dissatisfied with LM’s service. I was surprised, even shocked, at their absurdly low preorder price of Gray Matter in 2010 and I wasn’t the only one.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

As an aside, the Thirty Nine Steps-game they were publishing is now being published by other companies (I think the devs have signed with three separate publishers). An RPG called Dungeon Gate (which frankly doesn’t look very good) has also switched to another publisher. So yeah, looks like they’re in trouble.

Maybe this is why the dtp games disappeared from their schedule a while back. I mean, dtp are in trouble too, as we all know, and the last thing they need is a publishing partner that they can’t trust to pay royalties.

As for JULIA, I did buy the Lace Mamba-box a while back and it’s sad to know the devs didn’t see any royalties from that. I really liked the atmosphere, and the exotic feel of the different planets. It’s a very “different” game. But not all the puzzles and mini games work all that well.

Editing this press release in (so I don’t respond to myself):

7th February 2013, Brighton, England.

Lace Mamba Global announces the resignation of Mr Jason Codd from his position as European Managing Director with immediate effect.

Mr. Adam Lacey, Lace Mamba Global CEO made the following statement:

“Lace Mamba Global would like to publicly apologise to any developers who have been affected by any lack of response to issues arising from past contractual obligations that may not have been fully met. After several weeks of internal investigations it has become clear that the company’s procedures have not been to the high standards we set ourselves as a company. We have now put a new management structure and team in place to ensure our communication and relationship with developers is more open and transparent.

I can confirm that Mr Codd is standing down from his position as European Managing director with immediate effect. Mr Codd will have no further involvement in the running of the business.

Lace Mamba Global will act as quickly as possible to move forward and resolve developer issues.

We are in the process of contacting each of the developers that require our undivided attention and with their co-operation and patience I am confident that we will be able to resolve their issues to their complete satisfaction.

At this time we cannot comment further on this announcement or on any issues relating to specific cases out of respect for contractual confidentially.

I would like to thank Jason for his contribution to the business and wish him good luck in the future.”

STATEMENT ENDS

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Not sure if this deserves a new thread, but…

Indies vs. Mamba Games and Lace Mamba Global

Amanita Design, Colibri Games, Daedalic Entertainment have written an open letter denouncing Lace Mamba for not following through on royalties.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-03-01

PM

come on, let’s get the 5000 complete! i want my 7$ enhanced edition Grin

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/341233

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

itseme - 04 March 2013 05:04 AM

come on, let’s get the 5000 complete! i want my 7$ enhanced edition Grin

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/341233

Lol, those 4 that took the 9$ tier obviously didn’t read the description… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

Or we figured that hey, we can afford another couple of bucks, let’s leave the limited spots on the lower tier for someone who’s harder pressed for money.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

I’ve been following the JULIA indiegogo campaign a little: I’m an intern at Phoenix Online and my boss has been working with the JULIA folks trying to get the word out about their campaign.

They’re going to release bits of the game’s soundtrack to thank everyone for their support, which is nice. There’s a preview here.

I like it, though maybe too much seagull. Tongue

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-04-12

PM

Jan and his wife are currently hosting a live cello and piano concert in CBE Software Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CBEsoftwaresro.

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

28 hours left and currently at $12,693 which means the stretchgoal of $12.500 - Fullscreen Exploration was achieved!

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think Laura McDonald, aka Gatorlaw once of this platform is promoting the game on Facebook. She is doing a remarkable job of raising funds as far as I can see.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top